Facts of Aleksandar Katai
|Full Name:||Aleksandar Katai|
|Age:||31 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||February 06, 1991|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Aleksandar Katai|
Aleksandar Katai is a Serbian professional footballer who is coming limelight due to his wife’s controversial social media messages in the wake of the George Floyd protests across the United States, for which he was released from his current team, LA Galaxy on 5th June 2020. To know more about him and his struggle in the field of the sports industry, you can read the below article.
What is Aleksandar Katai famous for?
- A Serbian professional footballer.
Aleksandar Katai Nationality
Going back to his early life, Aleksandar was born under the birth sign of Aquarius to his parents in the year 1991. However, his parent’s details are yet to be revealed. He raised in Srbobran, SR Serbia, SFR Yugoslavia with his siblings. Also, his sibling’s details are yet to be disclosed. His nationality is Serbian and his ethnicity is mixed with Ukrainian and Hungarian. Also, his academic qualifications are yet to be disclosed.
When did Aleksandar Katai begin his soccer career?
- Talking about his sports journey, Aleksandar started playing football through his hometown club FK Vojvodina youth squad.
- Later, He joined the 2009-10 season after 6 months loan to lower league team FK Palić where he was promoted to Vojvodina’s first team.
- In 2010, He joined in Serbian SuperLiga when he came in as a substitute against FK Čukarički.
- He scored his first goal just seven days later in a match against FK Mladi Radnik. However, he left FK Vojvodina and went to Athens to join Olympiacos in 2011.
- In 2011, Olympiacos signed him on a four-year contract. However, he did not play a single match for Olympiacos but was instead sent on loan four times.
- He was first loaned to OFI Crete, with whom he made his debut on 5th November 2011 against Panionios. The loan spell to Crete was unsuccessful, and so Olympiacos loaned him back to his hometown club FK Vojvodina.
- In 2012, after one game with Spartak Subotic from Vojvodina, he felt very ill and went to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with thrombopenia.
- He remained a loaned player for Vojvodina until the club president Ratko Butorović died unexpectedly on 8th June 2013, which led to a period of instability in the club during which he left.
- Then, He was loaned to Platanias, for whom he scored a total of eight goals and six assists until his loan there expired in the summer of 2014.
- After that, he devoted himself to a one-year loan to Red Star Belgrade.
- In 2015, He was terminated his contract with Olympiacos and forgave a debt of €300,000 which was owed to him by Red Star from the loan contract, and later signed a two-year contract with Red Star Belgrade.
- In the 2015-16 season, He played a good game against Kairat in the first qualifying round for the Europa League, although Red Star failed to qualify.
- By the end of 2015, He had scored 10 goals and made 6 assists in 15 league matches, ranking him one of the most effective midfielders in all of Europe at the time surveyed.
- He ended the season with the title of the best scorer of the Superliga, scoring his 21st in the last round against Radnički for the 27th title celebration.
- In the 2016-17 season, He scored an equalizer and assist for the win against Valletta FC in the first match of the second qualifying round for the Champions League in Valletta and winner in the rematch, in Belgrade.
- In 2016, He signed a three-year contract with La Liga side Deportivo Alavés, for an undisclosed fee.
- In 2018, He was loaned by Alavés to Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer. The loan was for the 2018 MLS season and includes a purchase option at the season’s end.
- Later that year, The Chicago Fire acquired him permanently from Alavés for an unknown amount. The deal has signed through the 2019 season with a club option for 2020.
- In 2019, He joined the LA Galaxy through the use of Targeted Allocation Money after leaving the Chicago Fire.
- He was released by LA Galaxy on 5th June 2020, following controversial social media messages posted by his wife Tea in the wake of the George Floyd protests across the United States.
- Moving towards his international career, He also played two games for Serbia U21 national team.
- On 5th October 2015, He received his first senior call-up and made his debut for Serbia in a friendly match against the Czech Republic.
Aleksandar Katai Wife
Aleksandar Katai is happily married to Tea Katai. The couple kept their personal married lives out of media. Thus, there is not much information known about his wife Tea or when they tied the knot. However, The couple has been blessed with one child as of 2020. We are keeping tabs on this and we will update you on this once any data surfaces.
Aleksandar Katai Salary
Aleksandar Katai has earned the sum of a good amount of money and salary from his profession as a soccer player in the field of the sports industry. As per the online sites, he has reported €15 million net worth as of 2020. He also adds up his fortune through his endorsements deals. Further, his salary and asset details are still under review.
What is the height of Aleksandar Katai?
Aleksandar Katai has a height of 6 feet 0 inches and his weight is currently unknown. His eyes are brown and his hair color is dark brown. Additionally, he has an athletic body his body measurements are yet to be disclosed.