Facts of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
|30 years 6 months
|August 15, 1993
|Best Match for Marriage:
|Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
|View more / View fewer Facts of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is an English professional football player who currently plays as a midfielder for the Premier League’s club Liverpool and the English national team. He has played for clubs like Arsenal, Southampton, and Liverpool. He was part of the English national team for the UEFA Euro 2012 and the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He is the second-youngest player ever to represent England in the European Championships. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain famous for?
- An English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Liverpool and the England national team.
Where is Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from?
Recalling his early life, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was born as Alexander Mark David Oxlade-Chamberlain to his parents, Mark Oxlade and Wendy Oxlade in Portsmouth, England. His father is a retired professional footballer. Similarly, his nationality is British and his ethnicity is White. His birth sign is Leo. For education, He attended independent St John’s College in Southsea, Portsmouth.
When did Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain pursue his football career?
- Talking about his sports journey, Alex had been training at the Southampton Academy since he was seven.
- He made his first-team debut on 2nd March 2010, at the age of 16 in a match against Huddersfield Town, and became the club’s second-youngest appearance after Theo Walcott.
- His first league goal for the club came in a 2-1 victory over Oldham Athletic on 23rd October 2010. He was named in the PFA League One Team of the Year for the 2010-11 season.
- He further made his move to the league’s fellow club Arsenal on 8th August 2011, and made his debut for the club on 28th August 2011, against Manchester United.
- His first goal for the club came on 20th September 2011, in a match against Shrewsbury Town. On 28th September 2011, He scored the opening goal in the eighth minute of his UEFA Champions League debut against Greek team Olympiacos.
- On his UEFA Champions League debut against Greek team Olympiacos on September 28th, 2011. He scored the opening goal eight minutes into the game and became the youngest Englishman to score in the Champions League.
- In 2012-13, his only League Cup goal was from 25 yards in a 6-1 victory against Coventry City, and his sole Premier League goal was in a 7-3 win against Newcastle United. In December 2012, he signed a long term contract with Arsenal.
- He started the 2013-14 season assisting in the only goal in a 3-1 defeat against Aston Villa but sustained an injury that kept him out of the field for months. However, he still managed to earn a nomination for the Golden Boy Award 2013.
- During the 2014-15 season, he helped Arsenal beat Manchester City by 3-0 to win the 2014 FA Community Shield and went on to score against Tottenham, RSC Anderlecht, and Monaco. He was sidelined for weeks after sustaining an injury during their FA Cup win against Manchester United and returned as a substitute in the ‘2015 FA Cup Final’ against Aston Villa.
- During the 2016-17 season, He scored several goals including the second goal in a 3-4 defeat against Liverpool and another against West Ham United. With three goals in the EFL Cup, he helped Arsenal reach the quarter-finals and bagged the ‘Man of the Match’ award in the FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City for his assist in the equalizer.
- He further made his move to Liverpool on 31st August 2017, signing a five-year contract for a £35 million fee. In his debut with the club against Manchester City, the team lost the match 5-0, on 9th September 2017.
- His first goal for the club was on 17th October 2017, against Maribor, in the Champions League. He still plays for the club alongside Mohamed Salah, Fabinho, and Andrew Robertson.
- On 25th April 2018, He suffered a serious injury to his knee in the 15th minute of the Champions League semi-final first leg 5-2 victory against Roma, which prevented him from playing further during the season or participating in the World Cup finals.
- After a year of his injury, He made his return as a substitute in Liverpool’s 5-0 league win over Huddersfield in 2019. However, He was an unused substitute for the 2019 UEFA Champions League final against Tottenham Hotspur.
- On 22nd August 2019, He signed an extension to his contract until 2024 to Liverpool. Then, He participated in the three-season Champions League from Liverpool. However, he missed two remaining games of 2019 due to his ankle injury.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain International Career
- Alex was selected to the England Under-18 squad for the match against Poland on November 16th, 2010, in which England won 3-0.
- Then, He was sent to the England under-21 team against Italy on February 8th, 2011, and helped the team to win the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship over Belgium with a 4-0.
- He was selected to the 23-man senior England squad for UEFA Euro 2012 and played two warm-up matches against Norway and Belgium before making his major international tournament debut against France in the opening match.
- In the World Cup 2014 qualifiers, he scored two goals against San Marino in the home and away matches, followed by another against Brazil in June 2013.
- In 2018, he left Gareth Southgate’s 23-man England national team squad because of his injury.
Who is Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain married to?
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is neither married nor engaged. He is currently in a relationship with his girlfriend, Perrie Edwards. The couple is in a relationship from February 2017. The couple first met each other in a concert at Anfield, where his partner was performing at the stage. Presently, the lovebirds enjoying their love life happily.
What is Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s worth
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has reported $7 million net worth as of 2020. He currently receives an annual salary of $5.9 million from his present club. The source of his income is football as he is not engaged with any endorsing brands or advertising companies. As of now, his market value is recorded to be $45.33 million.
What is Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s height?
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has a height of 5 feet 11 inches and he weighs around 74 Kg. His eyes are dark brown and hair color is also black. Further, he has an athletic body with a 42 inches chest size, 33 inches waist size, and 13 inches biceps sizes respectively.