Facts of Alistair Overeem
|Full Name:||Alistair Overeem|
|Age:||43 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||May 17, 1980|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Alistair Overeem|
Alistair Cees Overeem famed as Alistair Overeem is a Dutch mixed martial artist as well as a kickboxer who is a former Strikeforce Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion, Dream Interim Heavyweight Champion, K-1 World Grand Prix Champion, and is one only 2 fighters to hold world titles in both MMA and K-1 kickboxing at the same time.
As of 26 February 2017, he is #3 official UFC Heavyweight ranking. As of 10th December 2019, he is #8 in the UFC heavyweight rankings.Alistair Overeem is active on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. He has more than 149.8k followers on Facebook, 796k followers on Instagram, and more than 501.9k followers on Twitter. On 16th May 2020, Alistair Overeem will face against Walt Harris.
- Being a famous Mixed Martial Artist as well as a former kickboxer.
- Being a former Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion, DREAM Heavyweight Champion, K-1 World Grand Prix Champion, and one of only two fighters to hold world titles in both MMA and K-1 kickboxing at the same time.
|Full Name:||Alistair Cees Overeem|
|Born Date:||17 May, 1980|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|Height:||6 feet 4 inches (1.93m)|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Birth Place||Hounslow, Greater London|
|Kids||(2)Yazz-Ley, Storm Overeem|
|Alistair Cees Overeem Facebook|
|Alistair Cees Overeem Twitter|
|Alistair Cees Overeem Instagram|
|IMDB||Alistair Cees Overeem IMDB|
|Wiki||Alistair Cees Overeem Wiki|
Bio, Age, Parents, Nationality
Alistair Overeem was born with the birth name/real name of Alistair Cees Overeem on 17th May 1980. His birthplace/home town is in Hounslow, Greater London, England. His nationality is Dutch & British and his ethnicity is mixed (Jamaican and Dutch). His great-great-grandfather was enslaved on the island of Jamaica.
He was born to a Jamaican father and a Dutch mother. His Dutch mother is a descendant of King William III of the Netherlands through one of his many illegitimate children. His mother’s name is Clair Overeem and father’s name is unknown; parents. He also has a brother, Valentijn Overeem.
When he was six years old, his parents divorced and he moved with his mother and older brother to the Netherlands. When he was a child, he competed in judo, track and field, and basketball. At the age of 15, his brother Valentijn took him to Chris Dolman’s MMA gym to learn to define himself.
He did not like the sport, but he dedicated fully to it after meeting Bas Rutten and Joop Kasteel. There is no information on Alistair’s educational background. His sun sign is Taurus and he is Muslim by religion. As of 2019, he celebrated his 39th birthday.
Alistair Overeem: Career, Net Worth-2023
- At the age of nineteen, he had his first MMA professional fight where he defeated Ricardo Fyeet by submission on 24th October 199, its Showtime, the first event of the eponymously named promotion.
- After posting a 10-3 record in RINGS, M-1, It’s Showtime, and 2 Hot 2 Handle, he debuted in the Pride Fighting Championships on 20th July 2002, defeating Yusuke Imamura by TKO in just 44 seconds.
- He then went on to win two more fights in Pride before entering into the 2003 Pride Middleweight Grand Prix at Pride Total Eliminated 2003 where he lost to the future UFC light heavyweight and Hall of Famer Chuck Lidell in the quarter-final match.
- In the year 2005, he entered the Pride Middleweight Grand Prix at Pride Total Elimination 2005 where he defeated UFC Light heavyweight Champion Vitor Belfort by submission in the opening round.
- He fought Russian Top Team favorite Sergei Kharitonov where he won. It was in February 2006.
- He fought Brazilian jiu-jitsu specialist Fabrício Werdum, and lost via kimura in the second round.
- He traveled to San Jose, California to win a rematch with Vitor Belfort by decision at Strikeforce: Revenge on 9th June 2006.
- On 17th September 2007, at the Hero’s 10: Middleweight Tournament Final, he faced Sergei Kharitonov again but he suffered a KO loss just before the end of the first round.
- On 16th November 2007, he defeated Paul Buentello for the vacant Strikeforce Heavyweight Championship by submission due to knee strikes.
- He won by KO in the first round against Lee Tae-Hyun at DREAM 4 on 15th June 2008.
- He defeated K-1 World Grand Prix Champion Mark Hunt in the first round by submission at Dream 5: Lightweight Grand Prix 2008 Final Round on 21st July 2008.
- His next fight was against Mirko Cro Cop at Dream 6 on 23rd September 2008.
- He was scheduled to make his first Strikeforce Heavyweight Championship defense in a rematch against Fabrício Werdum at Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg, but had to pull out due to a hand injury.
- He also defeated Tony Sylvester at Golden Glory’s 10-year anniversary celebration with a standing guillotine choke.
- He was set to face Andrei Arlovski at Dynamite!! 2009, but FEG instead opted to have him face Kazuyuki Fujita to keep with the DREAM vs. Sengoku theme.
- He then faced Brett Rogers on 15 May 2010 at Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery to defend his Strikeforce Heavyweight Championship where he won.
- He faced Todd Duffee on 31 December 2010 at Dynamite!! 2010.
- He defeated Duffee by way of knockout 19 seconds into the first round to win the interim DREAM Heavyweight Championship.
- He was named as one of eight men that will take part in the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix, alongside Fabrício Werdum, Sergei Kharitonov, Brett Rogers, Josh Barnett, Andrei Arlovski, Antonio Silva, and Fedor Emelianenko in early 2011.
- On 17th July, it was announced that Overeem was removed from the promotion’s 2011 Heavyweight Grand Prix.
- On 6th September 2011, it was announced that Overeem had signed a contract with the UFC and that his first fight would be against former UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar on 30th December 2011 at UFC 141.
- On 30th December 2011, at UFC 141, he made his UFC debut in the main event against Brock Lesnar where he hurt Lesnar multiple times early on with knees to the body and went on to finish the fight with a kick to the liver and subsequent punches at 2:26 of the first round.
- The victory earned him a heavyweight title shot against champion Junior dos Santos.
- He was scheduled to fight UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior dos Santos on 26 May 2012 at UFC 146.
- He was revealed to have failed his pre-fight drug test by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) on 4th April 2012.
- On 20th April 2012, UFC President Dana White confirmed that Overeem had been removed from his fight with dos Santos and replaced by Frank Mir.
- He returned to face Antônio Silva on 2nd February 2013 at UFC 156.
- He was expected to face former UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior dos Santos on 25th May 2013 at UFC 160 but in early March, Overeem pulled out of the bout citing an injury and was replaced by Mark Hunt.
- He was scheduled to face Frank Mir on 16 November 2013 at UFC 167 but the pairing was moved to 1 February 2014 at UFC 169 and he defeated Mir.
- On 9th July, the UFC announced he would face Ben Rothwell on 5 September 2014 at UFC Fight Night 50 where he lost.
- He faced Stefan Struve at UFC on Fox 13 on 13 December 2014 where he won the fight via KO in the first round.
- He next faced Roy Nelson on 14 March 2015 at UFC 185 and won the fight.
- On 15th February 2016, he announced that he had signed a new contract with the UFC.
- He faced Andrei Arlovski on 8 May 2016 at UFC Fight Night 87 where he won.
- Subsequently, he earned his first Performance of the Night bonus.
- He faced Stipe Miocic for the UFC Heavyweight Championship on 10 September 2016 at UFC 203 where he lost. Both participants were awarded Fight of the Night honors.
- He faced Mark Hunt in a rematch on 4 March 2017 at UFC 209 where he won.
- He faced Curtis Blaydes on 9 June 2018 at UFC 225 where he lost.
- He faced promotional newcomer Sergei Pavlovich on 24 November 2018 at UFC Fight Night 141 where he won the fight.
- He was expected to face Walt Harris on 7 December 2019 at UFC on ESPN 7 but Harris pulled out on November 1, 2019 due to the ongoing search for his missing step-daughter, and was replaced by Jairzinho Rozenstruik. He lost the fight via knockout in the last four seconds of the fifth round after being up on all three judges’ scorecards (39-37, 39-37, and 40-36).
- He was expected to face Walt Harris on April 11, 2020, at UFC Fight Night 172 in Portland, Oregon but due to the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic, the event was eventually postponed to May 16th, 2020 at UFC Fight Night 175.
- On April 9, Dana White, the president of UFC announced that this event was postponed to 16th May 2020 at UFC on ESPN 10.
- Alistair is one of the top-class MMA Fighter in history.
Records (UFC) of Alistair Overeem
Alistair Overeem holds notable victories over 6 former UFC champions: Andrei Arlovski (UFC Heavyweight Champion), Fabricio Werdum (UFC Heavyweight Champion), Frank Mir (two-time UFC Heavyweight Champion), Brock Lesnar (UFC Heavyweight Champion), Junior dos Santos (UFC Heavyweight Champion), and Vitor Belfort (UFC Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight Tournament Champion). Recently, on 20th April 2019, he won against Alexey Oleynik with the record of 45-17, then won to Sergei Pavlovich (44-17) on 24th November 2018. Against Jairzinho Rozenstruik, he lost the fight via knockout in the last four seconds of the fifth round after being up on all three judges’ scorecards (39-37, 39-37, and 40-36).
Alistair Overeem: Net Worth-2023
Alistair Overeem is a Dutch mixed martial artist and former kickboxer. Moreover, he is a former Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion, DREAM Heavyweight Champion, K-1 World Grand Prix Champion, and one of only two fighters to hold world titles in both MMA and K-1 kickboxing at the same time. With his MMA career, he has accumulated a huge amount of money.
As of 2020, the net worth of Alistair Overeem is estimated to have $5 million. He announced his arrival in style by beating Brock Lesnar in his debut. He earned $385,714.28 for the fight as per a Sports Daily report. ‘The Demolition Man’ has entered the Octagon 16 times after his stunning debut.
He is making skyrocketing sums of late. His last 6 fights have seen him take in over $800,000 on each occasion. It tallies up to 51% of his UFC earnings. Whereas his exact salary is not revealed yet. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings. His major source of earnings is from his MMA career. There is no information about his cars and house. He is living a luxurious lifestyle at present.
Relationship Status of Alistair Overeem?
Talking about the marital status of Alistair Overeem, he is a married man. He is married to his long-term girlfriend, Zelina Bexander. They were engaged in the year 2011. His wife, Zelina serves as an Office Support and Administration for AkzoNobel, according to her LinkedIn profile.
The couple also welcomed a two beautiful daughter named Storm (17th Oct. 2006) and Yazz-Ley (27th Feb. 2016). Their relationship is getting stronger with the passage of time. He is straight by sexual orientation.
Body Measurement – Height, Weight
With a strong and muscular body build, he has got a tall height of 6 feet 5 inches. He has black hair and black eyes. His body weight consists of 120 Kg.
Whereas his other body measurements such as biceps size, chest size, waist size, hips size, and more are unknown. Overall, he has got a healthy body with short hair very short beard. His charming smile attracts a lot of people towards him.
How old is Alistair Overeem?
- Alistair Overeem is 42 years old.
How tall is Alistair Overeem?
- He is 6 feet 5 inches.
How much is Alistair Overeem Net Worth?
- His estimated net worth is around $10 million.