Amy Melinda McGrath is an American former Marine fighter pilot and former political candidate from Kentucky.
Facts of Amy McGrath
|Full Name:||Amy McGrath|
|Age:||48 years 3 months|
|Birth Date:||June 03, 1975|
|Birth Place:||Cincinnati, Ohio|
|Salary:||$36k to $148k|
|Married Date:||December 19,2009|
|Children:||Three (Theodore, Geroge, Eleanor )|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Donald McGrath|
|Mother's Name:||Marianne McGrath|
|Education:||Johns Hopkins University|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Amy McGrath|
Amy McGrath is an American former Marine fighter pilot and politician. Amy McGrath was the first female Marine Corps pilot to fly the F/A-18 on a combat mission.
McGrath served for 20 years in the Marine Corps during which time she flew 89 combat missions bombing al Qaeda and the Taliban. In 2016, she was inducted into the Aviation Museum of Kentucky’s Hall of Fame, and her military story is described in Band of Sisters: American Women at War in Iraq.
Similarly, McGrath was the Democratic nominee for Kentucky’s 6th congressional district in the 2018 election, losing to Republican incumbent Andy Barr. In July 2019, she announced her campaign to run for the Democratic nomination for the United States Senate in the 2020 elections.
Bio, Age, Parents, Nationality
Back in her early life, McGrath was born in Cincinnati, Ohio. She grew up in Edgewood, Kentucky, just outside of Covington, the youngest of three children. She has an older sister and brother. Her nationality is the United States. Her age is 47years old.
Her father, Donald McGrath, was a retired teacher who taught high school English in Cincinnati for 40 years. Her mother, Marianne McGrath, is a psychiatrist who was one of the first women to graduate from the University of Kentucky’s medical school.
Concerning her education, McGrath attended St. Pius X Middle School, a Catholic school in Edgewood, Kentucky. Later, McGrath graduated from the United States Naval Academy with a Bachelor of Science in political science.
In 2014, McGrath earned a Master of Arts in international and global security studies from Johns Hopkins University.
Quick Facts About Amy McGrath
|Full Name||Amy M. McGrath-Henderson|
|Parents||Marianne McGrath, Donald McGrath|
|Known For||former Marine fighter pilot|
|Spouse||Erik Henderson (m. 2009)|
|Education||United States Naval Academy (1993–1997)|
|Children||George Henderson, Theodore Henderson, Eleanor Henderson|
|Net Worth||$13 million|
Amy McGrath: Career, Net Worth 2023
As a military pilot in her past and a politician at present, she assumed the sum of good money from her both career. However, her net worth is $13 million. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.
- After graduating from the Naval Academy, at the age of 21 McGrath was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the Marine Corps. In 1999, she completed flight school and started her career as a Weapons Systems Officer (WSO) in the F/A-18 aircraft.
- McGrath had found out she did not have 20/20 vision, which meant she could not become a pilot, but as a WSO, coordinated weapons including air-to-air AMRAAM missiles and heat-seeking Sidewinders.
- She was assigned to Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 121. When McGrath and fellow Marine pilot Jaden Kim joined VMFA-121, they became the first female aviators to join the squadron. During this same time, McGrath was also part of Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron 101.
- After the September 11 attacks, McGrath, as one of the more junior WSOs, was one of the first to report to duty at the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar base before the closing of the gates due to DEFCON 3. She was paired with a senior pilot on the flight line waiting for the order to protect Los Angeles, San Diego, and the west coast to potentially shoot down hijacked aircraft, an order that did not come to pass.
- In March 2002, McGrath was deployed to Manas, Kyrgyzstan, for a six-month tour, during which she flew 51 combat missions in a F/A-18D in Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan. She was the first woman to fly a combat mission in the United States Marine Corps.
- In January 2003, stationed in Kuwait, McGrath flew in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in Iraq, where she provided air support to ground troops and conducted reconnaissance and airstrikes.
What are the achievements of Amy McGrath?
- 2007: Notre Dame Academy, Women Making a Difference Award
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Strike/Flight Air Medals – 8
- Navy/Marine Corps Commendation Medal
- Navy Achievement Medal
- Presidential Unit Citation
- Iraq Campaign Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal
- 2016: Aviation Museum of Kentucky, Hall of Fame
Relationship Status of Amy McGrath
Reflecting on her personal life, Amy McGrath was a married woman. She was married to now-retired naval Lieutenant Commander Erik Henderson in 2009. The couple was blessed with three children. They are Theodore, George, and Eleanor.
The family lives in Georgetown, Kentucky at present without rumors. Her call sign, “Krusty,” is a joking reference to the way her hair stuck up in her flight helmet, and was made in homage to Krusty the Clown from the TV show, The Simpsons.
Body Measurement – Height, Weight
Observing her body physics, Amy has a decent height and weight. Her body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.
FAQs of Amy McGrath
How much is Amy McGrath worth?
Her net worth is $13 million.
How old is Amy McGrath?
She is 47 years old.
Where is Amy McGrath from?
She is from the United States.