Facts of Andrea Bocelli
|Full Name:||Andrea Bocelli|
|Age:||64 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||September 22, 1958|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Andrea Bocelli|
Andrea Bocelli is an Italian opera singer, songwriter, and record producer who is also described as one of the most beautiful people with a beautiful voice in the world. Bocelli even received a listing in the “Guinness Book of World Records” with the release of his classical album, “Sacred Arias”. For his contribution to the theatre, he was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010. Не іѕ thе rесіріеnt оf 3 ЕСНО Кlаѕѕіk аwаrdѕ. Bocelli is the recipient of 6 Сlаѕѕісаl ВRІТ Аwаrdѕ, 2 Віllbоаrd Lаtіn Мuѕіс Аwаrdѕ and has bееn nоmіnаtеd fоur tіmеѕ fоr thе Grаmmу Аwаrdѕ.
What is Andrea Bocelli Famous for?
- Famous as the blind singer with a beautiful voice in the world having “Guinness Book of World Records”.
Where was Andrea Bocelli Born?
Andrea Bocelli was born on September 22, 1958, in Lajatico, Italy. His birth name is Andrea Angel Bocelli. His nationality is Italian. Bocelli belongs to mixed ethnicity while Virgo is his zodiac sign.
Andrea was born as the eldest son of Alessandro Bocelli(father) and Edi Bocelli(mother). His mother was advised to abort the fetus as the fetus had some problems while she was pregnant with him but she refused vehemently and insisted on giving birth to her child.
Andrea was born with numerous problems with his sight and he was eventually diagnosed with congenital glaucoma and by the time he was 12, he lost his sight completely in a football accident and remained blinded throughout his life.
His family lived on a farm and sold farm machinery and made wine for a living, seeing that Andrea and his younger brother, Alberto was grown up. Andrea had an interest in music since his childhood that he began taking piano lessons at the age of 6, and eventually learned to play the flute, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, guitar, and drums. His mother supported him through his passion for music. By age 7, he became able to recognize the famous voices of the time and tried to emulate the great singers.
He gave his first concert in a small village and even won his first song competition at age 14 singing “‘O sole mio”. After finishing his secondary school in 1980, he studied law at the University of Pisa and eventually got graduated earning a degree and pent one year working as a court-appointed lawyer.
To support his family’s economic condition, he began performing evenings in piano bars where he met his future wife Enrica in 1987.
Andrea Bocelli’s Career Highlights
- Andrea Bocelli got his breakthrough career after the release of a demo tape containing Zucchero’s song, “Miserere” in 1992. The duo sang together in several concerts all around in 1993.
- In 1994, he won a newcomer section of the main Sanremo Festival competition. The same year, he released his debut album, “Il mare calmo della sera”, which was certified platinum.
- He released his second album, “Bocelli” in 1995. Also, he sang “Con te partiro” in one of the competitions which turned out to be the best-selling single of all time in Belgium.
- His third album, “Viaggio Italiano”, was released in Italy in 1996 and in 1997, his first compilation album, “Romanza” was released.
- Bocelli made his debut in a major operatic role in 1998. The same year, his fifth album, “Aria: The Opera Album” was released.
- In 1999, His fifth album, “Songo” was released which had a worldwide sales of over 10 million copies. The song even was nominated for the Best New Artist at the Grammys.
- Bocelli got his breakout career with the release of his 7th album, “Sacred Arias”. The album peaked number one on the US Classic Billboard charts – making Bocelli the first vocalist to hold all top three places on the chart.
- On November 3, 2009, his first Holiday album, “My Christmas” waws released. It later went on to become the best-selling Holiday album of the year.
- On March 2, 2010, he was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contribution to Live Theater.
- In 2012, he played the role of Romeo in Charles Gounod’s opera, “Romeo et Juliette”.
- On November 19, 2012, he performed for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, at the Royal Albert Hall, during the 100th anniversary of the Royal Variety Performance.
- In 2017, Ed Sheeran released a collaboration with Bocelli titled “Perfect Symphony”.
- He released his 16th album, “Si” on October 26, 2018, which includes singles “Fall On Me” and “If Only”.
- In 2018, Bocelli performed two songs at the royal wedding of Princess Eugenie, at the request of his close friend Sarah, Duchess of York.
- On July 3, 2019, Bocelli performed at the opening ceremony of the 2019 Summer Universiade in Naples.
Who is Andrea Bocelli Married to?
Andrea Bocelli married two times. He was married to his first wife, Enrica Cenzatti, with whom he first met while singing at piano bars early in his career. The couple got married on June 27, 1992. They together have two children: Amos(b. 1995) and Matteo(b. 1997), however, they got divorced in 2002.
After his divorce, he met Veronica Berti in the same year, 2002 and soon began dating each other.
Veronica Berti is also his manager. They together have a daughter together, Virginia Bocelli born in 2012. On March 21, 2014, Veronica and Andrea finally got married at the Sanctuary of Montenero in the coastal town of Livorno, Italy. Currently, they live in a spacious villa in Forte dei Marmi on the Mediterranean.
While, his first wife and two sons live in the couple’s previous residence in the same commune, in Versilia.
What is the Net Worth of Andrea Bocelli?
The 61 years old Andrea Bocelli has quite a great earning through his professional career as a popular opera singer. Working in this field for more than 4 decades, he has managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars from his several hit albums and concerts.
His estimated net worth is around $45 million. Bocelli makes his money also from the several concert tours and endorsements.
How Tall is Andrea Bocelli?
Andrea Bocelli is a White man in his early 60s. He has an average body physique. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 2inch(1.8m) while his body weighs around 79kg. He has a fair complexion with gray hair and brown eyes.