Facts of Angela Yee
|Full Name:||Angela Yee|
|Age:||37 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||January 03, 1986|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Angela Yee|
Angela Yee is an American radio personality who is well-known as a host of the nationally syndicated morning show, “The Breakfast Club” on Power 105.1(WWPR-FM). Her show was also named as one of the best radio shows in the country in a special Power 30 issue of The Source magazine. She is also the first-ever ambassador for the New York Public Library system.
Aside from hosting, Yee also serves as the BSE Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement Ambassador. She is also on the Board of Governors of the “We Are Family Foundation” and a board member of the American Foundation for the University of the West Indies.
Besides, Yee is active in social media sites with over 1.5 million followers on her Instagram: @angelayee and over 859k followers on Twitter: @angelayee.
What is Angela Yee Famous for?
- Famous as a host of “The Breakfast Club”.
- First-ever ambassador for the New York Public Library system.
Source: Instagram @angelayee
Angela Yee Nationality
Angela Yee was born on January 3, 1976, in Brooklyn, New York, United States. Her birth name is Angela Yee. Her nationality is American. Yee belongs to mixed ethnicity while Capricon is her zodiac sign.
Angela was born to a Chinese father, Celestina Farage-Yee, and an Afro-Montserratian mother, Mary Yee. Both of her parents were supportive of Angela since her childhood, however, they divorced and she spent time between her parents.
She was raised in Flatbush where she attended Poly Prep and after then she attended Wesleyan University, later graduating in 1997, majoring in English. Soon after her graduation, she pursued employment in marketing and music.
She even garnered an internship with Wu-Tang Management to assist the CEO, Divine. During the time, she wrote all the skits on GZA’s third studio album, “Beneath the Surface”.
Angela Yee The Breakfast Club
- Angela Yee began her professional career working for Paul Rosenberg and Eminem’s clothing company, “Shady Limited”.
- Yee made her debut in radio with her first work at Sirius Satellite Radio in 2005 as the co-host for “The Cipha Sounds Effect”.
- In July 2008, after Cipha Sounds left Sirius, Yee began working as a full-time host of the show which was later named “Shade 45 Morning Show Starring Angela Yee”. The show then was named “The Morning After with Angela Yee”.
- After working for 2 years at Shade 45, she left the show and began hosting the nationally syndicated morning show, “The Breakfast Club” on Power 105.1, alongside DJ Envy and Charlamagne Tha God in December 2010.
- For her work on the show, Yee was bestowed with the Gracie Award, a national radio honor from the Alliance for Women in Media, in 2019.
- In March 2013, another nationally syndicated program, “Weekends With The Breakfast Club” was launched in over 50 markets.
- She also worked as a correspondent for MTV2’s “Sucker Free”.
- She was a featured cast member on the 2013 VH1 reality show, “The Gossip Game”.
- Besides, she also managed recording artists GZA, Jay Electronica, and most notably, 360, who propelled her management skills to the spotlight.
- In 2018, Yee became the first-ever ambassador for the New York Public Library system.
- On March 21, 2020, Yee was featured on BET’s series, “Being” in the episode titled “Being: Angela Yee”. The same year in January 2020, Yee hosted the Giving Gracefully Awards.
Awards and Honors
- Shirley Chisolm Woman of Distinction Award
- WEEN Mission Award
- Vice Chancellor’s Achievement Award
- Gracie Award
The New York City mayor, Bill DeBlasio declared August 28 as Angela Yee Day in 2018.
She was named the first-ever ambassador for the New York Public Library system in 2018.
Is Angela Yee Single?
Angela Yee is currently single. Yee has been more focused on her career rather than her personal life. Previously, it was rumored that she was dating Plies, a rapper after it was said that the couple was seen hanging around at places. In 2012, there was also rumor about having an affair with Teeyon Winfree(Vado), a musician.
Besides, Yee has been involved in philanthropic activities for a long time. In 2013, Yee posed for a breast cancer awareness campaign created by the organization Hairless 4 Her Awareness. The same year, she was involved with Dress for Success and Coats for Kids.
In 2015, Yee hosted the 33rd Annual Coat for Kids Fundraiser and also served as host of the second annual Children Making Strides Against Childhood Cancer event.
Angela Yee Salary
Angela Yee has quite good earnings from her professional career as a radio personality. Having been in this field for over a decade, Yee has managed to earn a healthy fortune from her daily full-time work as a host of the nationally syndicated morning show, “The Breakfast Club”. Her net worth is estimated to be around $2 million with her annual salary of around $600k.
How Tall is Angela Yee?
Angela Yee is a beautiful mixed ethnic woman in her 40s. With her soothing voice and personality, Yee has managed to win several hearts all around the country. She stands tall with a height of 1.6m while her body weighs around 60kg. She has a dark complexion with black hair and brown eyes.