Lyricist, Poet & Singer
Facts of Bernie Taupin
|Full Name:||Bernie Taupin|
|Age:||72 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||May 22, 1950|
|Profession:||Lyricist, Poet & Singer|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Bernie Taupin|
Bernie Taupin is a musician, lyricist, and poet from England who is best known for his long-running partnership with Elton John. He dropped out of school to work as a trainee at a local newspaper because he failed in school. In 1967, his fortune smiled upon him when a major music company advertised a job opening for a lyric writer.
He eventually caught the attention of singer John Elton, who had just begun his career. He was recruited directly by John, and their relationship flourished for the next four decades, making them both internationally renowned musicians. One of the greatest singer-lyricist duos of all time, their partnership has been hailed as one of the best. This article will tell you more about him and his work.
Bernie Taupin is well-known
- A lyricist, poet, and singer from England.
- His long-term relationship with Elton John, for which he composed the lyrics to the majority of John’s songs.
How old is Bernie Taupin?
In his early years, Bernie Taupin was born in Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England in the year 1950. He is now 69 years old. Robert Taupin is his father’s name, and Daphne is his mother’s.
His father worked as a farmer, and his mother worked as a nanny. Similarly, he is a British citizen of a mixed race. Furthermore, Gemini is his zodiac sign.
When he grew older, he lived in a house without electricity until he was five years old, and his family struggled financially. As the middle child of his parents, he was raised alongside his two other siblings. He dropped out of school at the age of 15 and went to work as a fresher for The Lincolnshire Standard, a local newspaper.
Bernie Taupin reverted to an advertisement in the local newspaper for a job opportunity for new songwriters during his late teenage years. Ray Williams was searching for a lyricist for Elton John’s album, which became the catalyst for Elton and Bernie’s partnership.
How did Bernie Taupin get his start as a lyricist?
- Moving on to his professional life, Taupin’s songwriting career began by chance in the late 1960s. Elton John, one of the stars of a major record label, was looking for a lyricist. He came across Bernie’s poems by chance, and he liked them the most of all the others.
- Since then, he has written many of Elton’s songs over the course of nearly four decades, collaborating on thirty albums with him. There was a time when Bernie and John worked with various musicians, but they still ended up working together again.
- Both of them had collaborated on occasion during the 1970s, but the success of the aforementioned albums cemented their friendship.
- Bernie Taupin began serving as John’s main lyricist in the early 1980s. Rocket Man, Crocodile Rock, The Bitch is Back, Daniel, Sad Music, Nikita, Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me, and Your Song are just a few of Bernie’s best songs for John.
- John began to gain prominence as a result of his international and national fan base. He continued to compose for himself and for other musicians at the same time.
- He wrote the lyrics separately and would hand them over to John, according to the note. John simply recorded music on them without consulting him or modifying the lyrics to suit the music. This was a somewhat uncommon collaborative method, far from the norms of international practice.
- The working process had become much more cooperative in the later years of their collaborations. He began going to the recording studios with John for a few particular tracks. Bernie composed the words for the entire musical’s 11 tracks.
- The Captain and the Boy, John’s album, was released the same year, marking their 40th year of collaboration.
- Bernie Taupin was featured on the album cover for the first time in his career. He has collaborated with bands including Heart and Starship. He has also released solo albums on occasion.
- He also published a poetry book called The Devil at High Noon in the 1990s.
- Lestat: The Musical, their first Broadway musical, premiered in March 2006. For John’s 2006 album The Captain & The Boy, he wrote lyrics for ten songs and shared the cover with him for the first time, marking their 40th anniversary of collaboration.
- He made a surprise appearance at John’s 60th birthday party at Madison Square Garden on March 25, 2007, and spoke briefly about their 40-year songwriting collaboration. They also contributed to The Union, Elton’s collaboration album with longtime hero Leon Russell, which was released in October 2010.
- They also worked together on five original songs for the 2011 Miramax film Gnomeo and Juliet, including Hello Hello, which was nominated for a Golden Globe. Wonderful Crazy Night, their most recent album collaboration, was released in 2016.
- He and John wrote two original songs for the animated film Sherlock Gnomes in 2018. In 2019, the film Rocketman was released, with an original song, (I’m Gon na) Love Me Again, written by him and John for the film, playing over the closing credits. During the 1970s and 1980s, he (Jamie Bell) had a personal relationship with John, which is depicted in the film.
What are Bernie Taupin’s accomplishments?
When it comes to his successes, Taupin has gained several awards for his work as a lyricist. The following are some of them:
- Brokeback Mountain (2005) won the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song-Motion Picture in 2006.
- Gnomeo & Juliet (2011) won the ASCAP Award for Best Box Office Film in 2012.
- Sherlock Gnomes (2018) won Best Original Song-Animated Film at the 2018 Hollywood Music In Media Awards.
- Almost Popular (2000) won the OFTA Film Award for Best Soundtrack, Adapted Album.
Who is Bernie Taupin married to?
Bernie Taupin has never had a healthy relationship in his personal life, according to her. He married Maxine Feibelman in 1971, but the relationship didn’t work out, and the couple divorced in 1976.
He later married Toni Lynn Russo in 1979 after falling in love with her. This union, too, was short-lived, and the two divorced in 1991. He married Stephanie Haymes Roven for the third time two years later, in 1993, but they divorced in 1998.
After that, in 2004, he married Heather Lynn Hodgins Kidd, to whom he has been married since. Charley Indiana and Georgey Devon, the couple’s two daughters, were born to them.
What is Bernie Taupin’s net worth?
Bernie Taupin, who has worked in the music industry since 1967, has the potential to make a lot of money and gain a lot of fame as a lyricist.
According to some online sources, his current net worth is reported to be $150 million. His salary, however, has yet to be revealed.
How tall is Bernie Taupin?
Taupin is 5 feet 6 inches tall and his weight is currently undisclosed, according to his body statistics. His eyes and hair are both blue, and he has brown hair. Her other personal details have yet to be revealed.