Facts of Billie Joe Armstrong
|Full Name:||Billie Joe Armstrong|
|Age:||51 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||February 17, 1972|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Billie Joe Armstrong|
Billy Joe Armstrong is an American singer, songwriter, musician and guitarist. His interest in music developed from a very young age. His father was a jazz musician and bought him his first guitar and thus his tryst with music began. When he was five-year-old, he recorded his first song Look for Love.
He learned to play the guitar from George Cole for almost ten years. He also learned to play the drums, piano, harmonica, and mandolin. He formed a band called, Sweet Children along with childhood friend Mike Dirnt. Two years later, they formed the band Green Day along with other friends. Green Day’s most famous hit is the rock opera, American Idiot which fetched them many awards and was also made into a Broadway musical in which Armstrong himself acted. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Billie Joe Armstrong famous for?
- Member of punk rock band Green Day.
When was Billie Joe Armstrong born?
Recalling his early life, Billie Joe Armstrong was born in the year 1972. His birthplace was in Oakland, California. He was the youngest son of Andrew Armstrong and Ollie Jackson. He was born into a family of six children. His father, Andrew was also a jazz musician and that he worked as a truck driver.
At the age of 10, tragedy struck his family as his father died following a battle with cancer. This was a huge loss for him as he later details it in one of his songs called “Wake Me Up When September Ends.” Further, he is American by nationality and belongs to White ethnicity.
Where is Billie Joe Armstrong educated?
Concerning his education details, Billie attended Carquinez Middle School and John Swett High School in Crockett and later Pinole Valley High School. He dropped out of school on his 18th birthday to pursue his musical career.
When did Billie Joe Armstrong begin his music career?
- Moving towards his career, Billie’s interest in the field of music developed right from a tender age including the time he was schooling at Hillcrest Elementary School. During this time, he was also encouraged by his teacher to take his music career seriously.
- Her mother remarried, and this had a huge influence on him retreating to music as his only consolation. With time, he crossed paths with Mike Dirnt who also had a similar interest in rock music. They partnered together to form their band and named it Sweet Children. This was later renamed to Green Day.
- The band performed while he was still pursuing his high school studies. Nonetheless, he did not complete his high school studies as he dropped out. This allowed him to focus on music.
- Their band began playing in punk clubs located in California. During the early years of the band, John Kiftmayer was the drummer. Ultimately, his band landed a recording deal with Lookout! Records. This allowed them to release their first EP in 1989.
- By the time his band released Kerplunk in the year 1992, his band had already attracted a large audience. Working with him at this time was Dirnt and Tré Cool, the drummer. Kerplunk was a major success for the group, and this opened up doors for them to land major recording deals.
- In 1994, they released their first album with Reprise Records called Dookie. Insomniac released in 1995 and Nimrod in 1997 also performed well, keeping the trio in the limelight.
- In 2000, however, the band experienced falling in sales after the release of their album titled Warning. Four years later, their next album release, American Idiot – 2004 brought him and his team back to success. This album earned him a Grammy award. The band’s next album, 21st Century Breakdown explored cultural issues which also contributed to its average success.
- In 2010, he became a part of the American Idiot for one week and played the role of St. Jimmy. The same year the band which his son was associated with released an album with Adeline Records and his musical production.
- In 2013, he worked with the group Lonely Island for their song I Run NY of The Wack Album. He is now busy shooting for Frank Whaley’s movie Like Sunday, Like Rain alongside Leighton Meester.
- In 2014, he wrote songs for These Paper Bullets, an adaptation of Shakespeare’s comedic play Much Ado About Nothing, with rock-and-roll music.
- In October 2016, Green Day released their latest album, Revolution Radio. In July 2017, it was announced he formed a supergroup with Tim Armstrong of Rancid, aptly named The Armstrongs.
- In April 2018, He formed the rock band The Longshot, and on April 20th, the band released their debut studio album Love Is For Losers. Shortly after, he announced that he and The Longshot would embark on a summer tour.
- Aside from him, the band’s lineup consists of Kevin Preston and David S. Field of the band Prima Donna on lead guitar and drums, respectively, and longtime Green Day live member Jeff Matika on bass.
- In 2019, He co-wrote and performed the track “Strangers & Thieves” on the album Sunset Kids by Jesse Malin.
Who is Billie Joe Armstrong married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Billie got married to Adrienne Nesser in July 1994. Together, the pair blessed a son named Joseph Marciano Armstrong and Jakob Danger.
Previously, he has a romantic relationship with Eric Paleo, with whom he split in 1991. He was also in a relationship with Amanda, who dumped him in 1994.
How rich is Billie Joe Armstrong?
Being a musician by profession, Bille earns an impressive amount of money and salary through his profession in the field of the music industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $60 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Billie Joe Armstrong?
Observing his body statistics, Billie stands a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 65 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of green eyes and black hair color. Further, his body measures 39-13.5-33 inches (Chest-Biceps-Waist).