Blake Shelton is an American country singer-songwriter.
Facts of Blake Shelton
|Full Name:||Blake Shelton|
|Age:||46 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||May 18, 1976|
|Birth Place:||Oklahoma, United States|
|Net Worth:||$60 M|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Richard Shelton|
|Height / How tall :||6.5 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Blake Shelton|
Blake Shelton, an American country singer-songwriter, is known for being a judge in the singing reality series The Voice US. He has released 11 studio albums and 8 headlining tours. In 2017, Shelton made the sixth victory on the show by winning the season 13 of The Voice US. His fellow, Chloe Kohanski crowned the winner.
What is Blake Shelton famous for?
- An American country singer and songwriter.
- His role as a judge on the TV shows “Nashville Star”, “Clash of the Choirs”, and “The Voice”.
- Being one of the most successful singers in contemporary America.
Early Life of Blake Shelton
Blake Shelton was born in Ada, Oklahoma, United States. His birth name is Blake Tollison Shelton. His nationality is American and ethnicity is English, Distant German and Dutch. His birth sign is Gemini.
He was born to Dorothy and Richard Shelton. Dorothy is a beauty salon owner and Richard is a used car dealer. When he was 12 years old, he began his singing. His uncle taught him to play the guitar. He wrote his first song when he was 15. He was awarded a Denbo Diamond Award in his home state when he was 16. His older brother Richie Shelton was killed in an accident on November 13, 1990. He has a sister as well, Richie Shelton.
He attended High School and graduated from there when he was 17. He got a job at a music publishing company when he moved to Nashville, Tennessee.
Career and Achievements of Blake Shelton
- After graduating from high school in 1994, Blake Shelton decided to pursue a full-time career in singing and songwriting. He wrote and sold songs to several musical publishing houses. Soon, he landed a solo recording contract with Giant Records.
- He released his first song ‘Austin’ in April 2001. Featuring a mix of elements from blue-collar rock and country ballad genres, the single was a huge hit. Not only it peaked at number 18 on the US Billboard Hot 100, but it also spent five weeks at the first position on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. The same year, with his self-titled debut album which was released by Warner Bros, he once again hit the charts.
- His second studio album ‘The Dreamer’ was released in 2003 by Warner Bros Records. Its lead single ‘The Baby’ was a huge hit, and not only it peaked at the first position in the US Country Charts, but it also held the position for two weeks. The album itself peaked at 28th position on the US Billboard 200. It was an average success.
- In 2004, he released his third album ‘Blake Shelton’s Barn & Grill’. With singles such as ‘Some Beach’ and ‘Nobody but Me’, the album did fairly and stood at the 20th position on the US Billboard 200.
- His next albums ‘Pure BS’, (2007) and ‘Startin Fires’ (2008), were also average successes. The former stood at the fourth position at the US Billboard 200, while the later stood at 34th.
- Shelton released several more albums throughout the next few years, which included ‘Red River Blue’ (2011), ‘Cheers, It’s Christmas’, (2012) ‘Based on a True Story’, (2013), and ‘Bringing Back the Sunshine’ (2014).
- He also played a supporting role in the American TV series ‘Malibu Country’, which ran from November 2012 to March 2013. Along with his other TV appearances, he has been a coach on NBC’s ‘The Voice’ since its inception in 2011.
- Shelton’s tenth and latest album ‘If I am Honest’ was released in May 2016. Debuting at No. 3 on the US Billboard 200, the album was a massive success. It sold 153k copies within its first week itself.
- In 2017, Shelton was honored at the Oklahoma Creativity Ambassadors Gala, being one of 8 recipients to receive the Creativity Ambassador medallion.
- On September 11, 2017, Shelton released “I’ll Name the Dogs” as the lead-off single from his eleventh studio album. The album, Texoma Shore, was released on November 3, 2017. The album’s second single, “I Lived It,” released to country radio on January 29, 2018.
- Further, Blake Shelton has been nominated for 99 awards in his career till date, out of which he has won 84. His wins include five Academy of Country Music Awards, eight American Country Awards, 22 American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) Awards, and 23 BMI Country awards, among others.
What is Blake Shelton’s net worth?
According to Forbes, he earned a salary of $28.5 million in 2015. Presently, he has a net worth around $60 million. He receives $4 million for each season of The Voice US. His source of income comes from as a singer and a judge in TV shows.
Who has Blake Shelton been married to?
Blake Shelton is in a relationship as of now. Currently, he is in a relationship with the singer, Gwen Stephani. They are together since November 2015. Before this, he has been married twice but unfortunately, it didn’t go long.
On November 17, 2003, he tied the knot with long-time girlfriend, Kaynette Gern after dating for a long time. But things didn’t go well and in 2006, they got divorced.
Then in 2005, he met singer, Miranda Lambert. They dated for more than four years. And on May 14, 2011, they tied the knot. The marriage ceremony took place in Texas. But in July 2015, they got divorced.
Body Measurements of Blake Shelton
Blake has the height 0f 6 feet 5 inches. He weighs 96kg. Besides these, he has light brown hair and blue eyes. Similarly, his biceps size is 14.5 inches and used to wear 12 (US) size of shoe. Furthermore, his body measures 42-32-37 inches.