Robert James Lee Hawke, AC, GCL was an Australian politician who served as Prime Minister of Australia and Leader of the Labor Party from 1983 to 1991.
Facts of Bob Hawke
|Full Name:||Bob Hawke|
|Birth Date:||December 09, 1929|
|Death Date:||May 16, 2019|
|Birth Place:||Bordertown, South Australia, Australia|
|Children:||Stephen Hawke, Susan Pieters-Hawke, Rosslyn Dillon, Robert Hawke Jr.|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Clem Hawke|
|Mother's Name:||Edith Lee|
|Education:||Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Politics, Economy|
|Hair Color:||Black and Pepper|
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Bob Hawke|
An Australian politician who served as Prime Minister of Australia and Leader of the Labor Party from 1983 to 1991 is named Bob Hawke. He also served as Member of Parliament (MP) for Wills from 1980 to 1992. He is the only Australian prime minister to be born in South Australia and the only one raised in Western Australia. Overall, he was a very talented politician.
Parliament observes a day of condolence for the late Bob Hawke
During condolences for Bob Hawke today, a story about his shock greeting of a Federal Police officer one morning summed up the former PM’s nature. Parliament has united in a bipartisan day of condolence to the late Bob Hawke, with Scott Morrison sharing a hilarious anecdote that perfectly sums up the former prime minister. Mr. Hawke, the country’s third longest-serving leader, died at his Sydney home on May 16 with his beloved wife Blanche d’Alpuget by his side. Mr. Morrison also touched on the more complex side of Mr. Hawke, noting that he had experienced extraordinary grief in his life; the death of his brother when they were children and the loss of his own infant son.
When and Where did Bob Hawke die?
On 16th May 2019, Bob Hawke died at the age of 89 in Northbridge, New South Wales, Australia.
Early Life of Bob Hawke
On 9th December 1929, Bob Hawke was born as Robert James Lee Hawke in Bordertown, South Australia, Australia. His nationality is Australian and his ethnicity is White. He was born to Clem Hawke and Edith Lee, his parents. His brother Neil, who was seven years his senior, died at the age of seventeen after contracting meningitis, for which there was no cure at the time. At the age of fifteen, he presciently boasted to friends that he would one day become the Prime Minister of Australia. As per his education, he was educated at Perth Modern School and the University of Western Australia, graduating in 1952 with a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws. In 1953, he won a Rhodes Scholarship to attend University College, Oxford, where he undertook a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy, politics, and economics (PPE). His religion is Christian and his sun sign is Sagittarius.
Body Measurements of Bob Hawke
Bob Hawke is one of the very handsome politicians with perfect height matching his body. But his exact measurements of his height, weight, and others have not been revealed yet but it will be added soon.
The career of Bob Hawke
- Hawke started his career by working at the ACTU where he became responsible for the presentation of its annual case for higher wages to the national wages tribunal, the Conciliation and Arbitration Commission.
- In the year 1959, he was appointed as an ACTU advocate.
- In the year 1969, he was encouraged to run for the position of ACTU President, despite the fact that he had never held elected office in a trade union.
- He was elected ACTU President in 1969.
- While holding the position, he focused on the betterment of the living conditions of workers.
- Until 1980, while serving as the President of the ACTU, he successfully represented the association in front of arbitration councils for earning suitable settlements.
- He also served as the Federal President of the Australian Labor Party between 1973 and 1978.
- He contested the election to the House of Representatives and won the Melbourne seat of Wills in 1980.
- In the year 1982, he challenged the leadership of Bill Hayden and a ballot followed.
- In the year 1983, Bill Hayden announced his resignation as leader of the party, and Bob Hawke was named the acting leader of the Australian Labor Party.
- He was sworn in as the 23rd Prime Minister of Australia on 11th March 1983.
- He worked towards the industrial accord by bringing about a uniform wage across labor unions of Australia is as the Prime Minister.
- He was re-elected as Prime Minister in 1984.
- He formed the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum that promoted free trade among nations of the region in 1989.
- He appointed Paul Keating as Deputy Prime Minister and in December 1991, he resigned as prime minister and Keating assumed the prime ministership of Australia.
- After his resignation, he became more prominent in the business world and showed minimal involvement with the Labor Party during Paul Keating’s time as Prime Minister.
- He assisted in the setting up of a Centre for Muslim and Non-Muslim Understanding at the University of South Australia in the year 2009.
- He revealed that he was in “terrible health” in December 2018.
- In May 2019, in the lead-up to the 2019 Australian federal election, he made a joint statement with Keating.
Marital Status, Wife, Children, Divorce
Bob Hawke was a married person. He was married twice in his lifetime. Firstly, he was married to Hazel Masterson in 1956, and later the couple divorced in 1994. He has four children with her named Robert Hawke Jr., Roslyn Hawke, Stephen Hawke, Susan Pieters-Hawke. After that, he married Blanche d’Alpuget in the year 1995.
Net Worth, Salary, Source of earning
Unfortunately, the exact amount of net worth and salary of Bob Hawke has not been disclosed yet. His net worth is estimated to have between $1Million-$100Million as of 2019. Before his death, he was satisfied with his earnings. The major source of his earning was from a politician’s career.