Facts of Brandin Cooks
|Full Name:||Brandin Cooks|
|Age:||30 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||September 25, 1993|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Brandin Cooks|
One of the most renowned American footballers, Brandin Cooks who has won the hearts of millions by his skills and talent. Presently, He has become not only a famous person but also an inspiration to all his fans around the globe. Before the NFL, he played and recognized himself through his college years. To know more about him, you can read below the article.
What is Brandin Cooks famous for?
- An American football wide receiver for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL).
Where is Brandin Cooks from?
Going back to her early life, Brandin was born in Stockton, California to his parents; Worth Cooks Sr. and Andrea Cooks. His father died of a heart attack when he was six years old and he and his three brothers, Fred, Worth Jr., and Andre, were thereafter raised by their mother.
For education, He attended Lincoln High School in Stockton, where he played high school football for the Trojans. Later, he enrolled at Oregon State University.
Who has Brandin Cooks played for?
- Talking about his career journey, Brandin played at Oregon State from 2011 to 2013 under head coach Mike Riley. As a true freshman in 2011, he played in all 12 games with three starts. He finished the season with 31 receptions for 391 yards and three touchdowns. He was also a kick returner averaging 22.4 yards a return.
- As a sophomore in 2012, he had 67 receptions for 1,151 yards and five touchdowns. The combination of Cooks and Markus Wheaton created one of the most dynamic receiving duos in college football and Oregon State history. The two players combined for 158 receptions, 2,395 yards, and 16 touchdowns in the 2012 season.
- During his junior year in 2013, he had 128 receptions, 1,730 receiving yards, and 16 touchdowns. His receptions and receiving yards were Pac-12 records. He was held to under 100 yards only four times and exceeded 200 yards in a game twice, against Utah and California.
- At the end of the season, he won the Fred Biletnikoff Award and was a consensus All-American. He was the second Oregon State player to win the Biletnikoff Award, the first being Mike Hass in 2005.
- On January 2nd, 2014, He announced that he would forgo his senior season and enter the 2014 NFL Draft. He was selected by the New Orleans Saints as the 20th overall pick of the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft; the Saints traded up from the 27th spot, giving their first and third-round picks to the Arizona Cardinals in return for Arizona’s first-round pick, to get him.
- In his first NFL game, He caught seven passes for 77 yards and a touchdown and had one rush for 18 yards in a 37-34 overtime road loss to the Atlanta Falcons. This made Cooks the youngest player, at 20 years and 347 days, to catch a touchdown pass since Reidel Anthony on September 28th, 1997, at 20 years and 343 days.
- He began the 2015 season as the number-one wide receiver for the Saints. He caught for over 100 yards in a game for the first time in his career in the Week 5 game against the Philadelphia Eagles, where he had five catches for 107 yards and a touchdown.
- Three weeks later, He caught six passes for 88 yards and two touchdowns in a 52-49 victory over the New York Giants. In the next game against the Tennessee Titans, he recorded four receptions for 71 yards and a touchdown in the 34-28 overtime loss.
- Before the 2016 season, He was pegged as a breakout candidate by ESPN. He lived up to the pre-season hype when he had six receptions for 143 yards and two touchdowns and an 11-yard rush during the season-opening 35-34 loss against the Oakland Raiders.
- He caught a 98-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter to set the Saints’ franchise record for the longest play. He, along with Willie Snead IV and rookie Michael Thomas, finished the day with 373 receiving yards combined, the most ever by a New Orleans trio in a loss.
- On March 10th, 2017, the New England Patriots traded their 2017 first-round and third-round draft picks to the Saints for Cooks and a 2017 fourth-round draft pick. He finished his only season with the Patriots with 65 receptions for 1,082 yards and seven touchdowns. He also rushed nine times for 40 yards.
- On April 3rd, 2018, the New England Patriots traded Cooks and a fourth-round draft pick to the Los Angeles Rams for a first-round pick and a sixth-round pick. This also reunited him with former Oregon State teammate Sean Mannion. He finished the regular season with 80 receptions for a career-high 1,204 receiving yards and five touchdowns. He also rushed 10 times for 68 yards and a touchdown.
- During Week 2 against the New Orleans Saints, Cooks caught three passes for 74 yards and a touchdown in the 27-9 victory. He also rushed once for two yards. In the next game against the Cleveland Browns, Cooks caught eight passes for 112 yards and had an eight-yard rush in the 20-13 road victory. He finished the 2019 season with 42 receptions for 583 yards and two touchdowns, all his lowest totals since his rookie season in 2014.
Who is Brandin Cooks married to?
Brandin Cooks is married to his long-term girlfriend, Briannon Lepman, on July 7th, 2018. The couple started dating while they were both students at Oregon State University. They were very much in love with each other way back in school and even after then, their bond only grew stronger with her supporting her man in his career and even standing solidly beside him. Presently, the couple enjoying their marriage life blissfully.
What is Brandin Cooks’s net worth?
Brandin Cooks is an American professional football player who has the sum of a good amount of money and salary from his profession in the field of the sports industry. As per the online sources, his estimated net worth said to be $14 million at resent. However, his salary and the details of his assets are still under review.
How tall is Brandin Cooks?
Talking about his body statistics, Brandin has a height of 5 feet 10 inches and he weighs around 83 Kg. His eyes are black and hair is also black. Further, his other body information is still under review. Whenever we will be updated, we will let you know.