Facts of Bret Michaels
|Full Name:||Bret Michaels|
|Age:||69 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||March 15, 1953|
|Lucky Color:||Sea Green|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Cancer, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Bret Michaels|
Bret Michaels is an American singer-songwriter and musician, who is widely recognized as the lead singer of the rock band, “Poison”. The band made their debut with the release of their first album, “Look What the Cat Dragged In”(1986). After getting disbanded by the band, Michaels began his solo career with the release of his debut album, “A Letter from Death Row”(1998). He also had a hit reality TV show on VH1, titled “Rock of Love with Bret Michaels”. Besides, Michael is active in social media with his Twitter account: @bretmichaels and Instagram account: @bretmichaelsofficial.
What is Bret Michaels Famous for?
- Famous as the lead singer of the “Poison” band.
- Known for his songs like “A Letter from Death Row”.
Where was Bret Michaels Born?
Bret Michaels was born on March 15, 1963, in Butler, Pennsylvania, United States. His birth name is Bret Michael Sychak. Bret belongs to White ethnicity and is of Carpatho-Rusyn (from his paternal grandfather), Irish, English, German, and Swiss ancestry while is his zodiac sign.
Bret was born as the son of Wally(mother) and Marjorie Sychak(father). Bret was raised along with his two sisters, Michelle and Nicole, in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. He attended Mechanicsburg Area Senior High School. When Bret was 6, he fell ill and even was admitted a three-week stay in the hospital, later it was confirmed that he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.
Besides, he always had an interest in music and he even began playing the guitar as a teenager, forming a band with drummer Rikki Rockett, bass player Bobby Dall and guitarist David Besselman, which was later named as “Poison” with Matt Smith after Besselman left the band.
Later then, Bret along with his band moved to Los Angeles to get more opportunities for his band. Shortly after, Matt left and C.C. DeVille was hired to replace him who later turned to be a major conflict for Bret.
Bret Michaels’ Career Highlights
- Bret Michaels and his rock band, “Poisons” began their professional career after signing a contract with Enigma Records. They made their official debut with the release of their first album, “Look What the Cat Dragged In” on August 2, 1986. The album turned out to be a major hit and even reached the No.3 position on the US Billboard 200.
- “Poisons” turned out to be one of the biggest glam metal bands in the world, with the release of their hit multi-platinum selling albums, “Open Up and Say… Ahh!”(1988) and “Flesh & Blood”(1990).
- The single, “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” was a huge hit that was inspired by the breakup of Michael and Lewis.
- During the 1990s, the band released a total of seven studio albums, four live albums, and eight compilation albums. However, Deville and Michael began to develop conflict between each other, and eventually, Deville left the band, replaced by Richie Kotzen, but he returned back in 1998.
- Michaels began his solo career establishing a film production company, “Sheen/Michaels Entertainment” along with actor Charlie Sheen.
- With the company, he released his first album, “A Letter from Death Row” as a soundtrack for the film of the same name, which he wrote, directed, and starred in. Later, the company also produced films including “Free Money”, “No Code of Conduct”, “In God’s Hands”.
- In 2003, Michaels released a brand new studio album, “Songs of Life” featuring singles “Raine” and “Bittersweet”.
- In 2005, he released his third album “Freedom of Sound” with a hit single, “All I Ever Needed”. The same year, he also served as a judge on singing competition, “Nashville Star”.
- Michaels starred in the reality television dating competition series, “Rock of Love with Bret Michaels” aired on VH1 in 2008. The same year, he released a best-of album called “Rock My World”. He hosted the show for its 3 seasons. Following the show, Michaels began to star in a series titled “Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It”.
- In 2010, Michaels released a hit single, “Nothing to Lose” from his fourth album, “Custom Built” which was released on July 6, 2010.
- On August 23, 2010, he hosted the Miss Universe 2010 pageant along with Natalie Morales. The same year, he won the NBC reality television series, “Celebrity Apprentice 3” aired on NBC.
- His fifth album, “Jammin’ With Friends” was released on June 25, 2013, that charted on several boards.
- Michaels also released several albums later including “A Beautiful Soul”(2014), “Girls On Bars”(2015), “True Grit”(2015), “Jorja Bleu”(2017), “Unbroken”(2019).
- On April 22, 2020, Michaels competed and ended up in 7th place as the Banana on the third season of “The Masked Singer”.
Who is Bret Michaels Married to?
Bret Michaels previously was in a relationship with Tracy Lewis when he was just 20. They were in a relationship for quite a long, however, after Michaels earned much popularity their relation took a sour turning thus they broke up in 1987. His hit song, “Every Rose Has Its Thorn”, was inspired by his breakup.
He was also in an on-again, off-again relationship with Kristi Lynn Gibson with whom he was for 16 long years, lasted till July 2012. The couple together has two daughters: Raine Elizabeth(b. May 20, 2000) and Jorja Bleu(b. May 5, 2005). Besides, he was also in a relationship with Canadian actress, Pamela Anderson.
On May 20, 2010, it was reported that he had patent foramen ovale(PFO), a hole in the heart. On June 7, 2009, Michaels was injured during his opening performance at the 63rd Tony Awards after he was hit with a large portion of the descending set struck, causing hemorrhage. He even filed a lawsuit for unspecified damages against the Tony Awards and CBS. However, he was cured.
What is the Net Worth of Bret Michaels?
The 57 years old, Bret Michaels has quite a great earnings from his professional career as a singer and producer. Working in this field for more than 4 decades, he has managed to amass a million worth fortune from his several hit shows, albums, movies, and live concerts.
He has an estimated net worth of around $18 million. Besides, Michaels recently purchased a home in Westlake Village, California for $3.49 million.
How Tall is Bret Michaels?
Bret Michaels is a handsome man in his 50s. He has a well maintained athletic body physique. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 9inches.(1.75m) while his body weighs around 68kg(150 lbs). He has a fair complexion with blonde hair and blue eyes.