Facts of Caris LeVert
|Full Name:||Caris LeVert|
|Age:||28 years 3 months|
|Birth Date:||August 25, 1994|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Caris LeVert|
Caris Coleman LeVert shortly named as Caris LeVert is a professional basketball player from the USA. He is playing for the current team, Brooklyn Nets. His playing position is a Small forward/Shooting guard. He played college basketball for the Michigan Wolverines where he earned a key role off the bench as the team went on to reach the championship game in the 2013 NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Tournament. On 23rd June, he was selected with the 20th overall pick in the 2016 draft by the Indiana Pacers. He became Michigan’s fifth first-round draft selection since 2013 and the fourth player drafted from Michigan’s 2012 entering class. His rights were later traded to the Brooklyn Nets on July 7, in exchange for Thaddeus Young. On July 14, he signed his rookie scale contract with the Nets. On 26th August 2019, he signed a three-year contract extension with the Nets. He wears jersey number 22 in his current team Brooklyn jets. Overall, he is a very talented basketball player.
Caris LeVert: Brooklyn Nets Vs Trail Blazers
Caris LeVert goes for 37, but Nets fail to send Trail Blazers home: 134-133. In the end, Portland led the Nets, 134-133 with timing running out. The ball was in Caris LeVert’s hands where he had 37 points and nine assists to his name. He brought the clock down, waiting patiently so he could end Portland’s season. He crossed left, hesitated, stepped back, and put a little too much on his shot. No good and three NBA fanbases in Portland, Phoenix, and Memphis went into a frenzy. This turned out to be the final score: Portland 134, Nets 133. The Trail Blazers will get a play-in game against the Memphis Grizzlies, while the Brooklyn Nets brace for the playoffs vs. Toronto on Monday. The Nets finish the regular season at 35-37 with a 5-3 record inside the bubble; 7-3 total under head coach Jacque Vaughn and 9-4 since March 1. Early on in the second half, Caris LeVert led the Nets on an 18-3 run to give the Nets a seven-point lead, later extending into a 26-8 run and a 10-point lead. The Nets out-scored Portland 37-24 in the third, and the nerves could be felt from Orlando to Brooklyn to Phoenix and up to Portland, Oregon. The half-court heave brought Portland within four with 10:27 remaining in the game. Lillard finished the night with 42 points and 12 assists, despite Brooklyn blitzing him every chance they got, whether it was off a pick-and-roll or whether it came the second he crossed half court.
- Being an American professional basketball player.
- For being the player for the Brooklyn Nets of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- Being named to the all-District V (OH, IN, IL, MI, MN, WI) team by the United States Basketball Writers Association (USBWA).
What is the Birthplace of Caris LeVert?
On 25th August 1994, Caris LeVert was born. His birthplace/hometown is in Columbus, Ohio, the USA. His birth name/real name is Caris Coleman LeVert. He grew up in Northeast Columbus but moved to nearby Pickerington in second grade. His nationality is American and he is of African-American ethnicity. His race is Black. Virgo is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. As of 2019, he celebrated his 25th birthday. He was born to his parents; the son of Kim (mother) and Darryl Wayne LeVert (father). He grew up with his siblings; a brother, Darryl Marcus, who is his junior by 11 months. His mother is a Columbus City Schools first grade teacher. His father, who was a graphic designer, died on 4th April 2010, at the age of 46. His brother, Darryl Marcus, played basketball for Connors State College. He comes from a musical family as he is the third cousin of Eddie LeVert, the lead vocalist of the O’Jays. Eddie’s sons include singers Gerald LeVert of LSG and LeVert (along with Sean LeVert). For his education, he attended Pickerington High School Central and later attended Michigan College (2012-2016). For his high school, he led Pickerington Central to a 26-2 record and the 2012 OHSAA Division I state championship. He was a 2012 Associated Press All-Ohio Second Team high school basketball player and the 2012 Columbus Dispatch Metro Player of the Year for Pickerington High School Central.
For which team, Caris LeVert is playing for?
- Caris LeVert was active in basketball since his high school and college.
- As a freshman, he began the 2012-2013 season on the depth chart for the shooting guard/small forward positions but he did not play in the first six games for Michigan.
- Michigan head coach John Beilein decided that Caris had value as a perimeter defender and decided to play him rather than redshirt him.
- He then made his first start on December 29 against Central Michigan where he tallied 9 points and 5 assists and averaged 2.3 points in under 11 minutes of play per game.
- Additionally, he scored 8 points each in conference wins over Illinois and Michigan State as well as the 2013 NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Tournament final four victories over Syracuse in 21 minutes of play.
- In the 2013-2014 season, he made career-highs of 17 points and 5 rebounds on November 8 against UMass Lowell and posted 24 points on November 12 against South Carolina State.
- He then posted his first double-double on January 30 at home against Purdue with a career-high 11 rebounds and 14 points.
- He was a 2014 second team 2013-14 All-Big Ten selection (coaches and media) and was named to the All-District V (OH, IN, IL, MI, MN, WI) team by the United States Basketball Writers Association (USBWA) on 11th March.
- He underwent surgery to repair a stress fracture in his foot on 12th May and returned to action just before the team’s August 15-24 10-day, a 4-game trip to Italy.
- He was named a first-team All-Big Ten preseason selection prior to the 2014-2015 season.
- He was later selected by NBCSports.com to its Preseason All-American first team, by SB Nation, Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, Athlon Sports, Bleacher Report, Sports Illustrated, and CBSSports.com to their second teams and by USA Today to its third team.
- He was even named co-captain of the team along with Spike Albrecht and opened the season with 9 assists against Hillsdale College on November 15, surpassing his previous career-high of five.
- He established a career-high by making 11 free throws helping the team to a 70-63 victory in the Legends Classic semifinal game on 24th November where he posted a career-high 32 points and tied a career-high 4 steals on December 6 in an upset loss to NJIT.
- He posted 4 steals again against Minnesota on 10th January.
- He reinjured the foot that he had had surgery on the prior May and was lost for the season on 17th January and led Michigan in scoring (14.9), rebounds (4.9), assists (3.7), steals (1.7) and minutes (35.8).
- He began the 2014-2015 season with a game-high 18 points and 5 assists as a starter against Northern Michigan.
- On 5th December against Houston Baptist, he made his first start at point guard while Derrick Walton sat out due to a sprained ankle and posted 25 points and 8 rebounds.
- He posted 13 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists, becoming the fourth player in Michigan program history to record a triple-double, and the 49th Wolverine to eclipse 1,000 career points on 15th December against Northern Kentucky.
- Caris began his professional career when he was selected with the 20th overall pick in the 2016 draft by the Indiana Pacers on 23rd June becoming Michigan’s fifth first-round draft selection since 2013 and the fourth player drafted from Michigan’s 2012 entering class.
- Later on 7th July, he was traded to Brooklyn Nets and signed his rookie scale contract with the Nets on 14th July.
- He missed the 2016 NBA Summer League due to injury and later made his professional debut on December 7 against the Denver Nuggets where he posted 4 rebounds and 3 steals in 9 minutes of play, becoming the first Net to post 3 steals in his debut since Chris Childs in 1994.
- He scored his first NBA points on December 10 against the San Antonio Spurs on a back door reverse layup assisted by Brook Lopez.
- He made his first NBA start against former Michigan teammate Robinson and the Indiana Pacers on 3rd February.
- He posted his first 20-point performance against the Orlando Magic.
- In the 2017-2018 season, he entered the starting lineup for Game 3 on October 22 against the Atlanta Hawks where he posted 16 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals.
- Against the Phoenix Suns, he posted a 5-steal performance.
- On 7th December (the first anniversary of his NBA debut), he had career highs in points (21) and assists (10) against reigning NBA MVP Russell Westbrook to lead the Nets to a 100-95 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder in Mexico City.
- Against the New Orleans Pelicans, he set another career-high with 22 points on 27th December and recorded 12 points and a career-high 11 assists in a 111-87 win over the Miami Heat after two days.
- He had a 27-point effort in a 123-120 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on 4th March and posted a career-high 12 rebounds along with 19 points on March 31, against the Miami Heat.
- In the 2018-2019 season, he equaled a career-high with 27 points in a 103-100 loss to the Detroit Pistons on 17th October.
- He set a new career-high with 28 points in a 107-105 win over the New York Knicks on 19th October.
- He posted a new career-high with 29 points on November 2nd against the Houston Rockets and scored 17 points and hit a floater in the lane with 0.3 seconds left to lift the Nets to a 112-110 win over the Denver Nuggets on 9th November.
- He then suffered a severe right leg injury late in the first half of the Nets’ 120-113 loss to the Timberwolves in Minnesota on 12th November.
- He returned to action on February 8, 2019, after missing 42 games where he finished with 11 points in 15 minutes off the bench in a 125-106 loss to the Chicago Bulls.
- He then signed a three-year contract extension with the Nets on 26th August 2019.
- He returned from a thumb injury that had sidelined him since November 10 with 13 points against the Toronto Raptors on 4th January 2020.
- Against the Phoenix Suns in his first start since his injury, he tied his career-high with 29 points on 3rd February.
- He set a new career-high of 37 points on February 8 in a loss against the Raptors.
- He erupted for a career-high 51 points (his first 50-point game), including 37 in the fourth quarter and overtime, to lead the Nets to a 129-120 comeback win over the Boston Celtics on 3rd March.
- He posted his first triple-double (27 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists) against the San Antonio Spurs on 6th March 2020.
Awards and Achievements of Caris LeVert
- Second-team All-Big Ten (2014)
- Associated Press All-Ohio Second Team (2012)
- Columbus Dispatch Metro Co-Player of the Year (2012)
- OHSAA Division I state champion (2012)
Who is Caris LeVert Dating?
Caris LeVert is not married yet and he is still to get married. At present, he seems to be single as there are no rumors about his relationship with anyone. He has not revealed anything regarding his private life to the media. As of now, he is focusing on his career rather than spending his valuable time making a girlfriend. He is also a secretive person regarding his personal life. As per his Instagram account, he can be seen His sexual orientation is straight and he is not a gay.
What is the Net Worth and Salary of Caris LeVert?
Caris LeVert is a professional basketball player. He began his basketball career since high school and he is active till now. On July 14, he signed his rookie scale contract with the Nets. As of 2020, the net worth of Caris is estimated to have between $5 Million-$10 Million as of 2020 whereas his net worth as of 2019 was $5 Million. He signed a 4 year / $7,523,278 contract with the Brooklyn Nets, including $7,523,278 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $1,880,820. In 2019-20, he will earn a base salary of $2,625,718, while carrying a cap hit of $2,625,718 and a dead cap value of $2,625,718. With his earnings, he is living a lavish lifestyle and he is satisfied with his earnings. His major source of earning is from a basketball player.
How tall is Caris LeVert?
With an athletic and strong body build, Caris LeVert stands at the tall height of 1.98 m or 6 ft 6 in. His balanced bodyweight consist of 205 lb or 93 KG. His hair color is black and his eye color is also black. He has got perfect body measurements. He is very conscious of his body and fitness. During his career, he was injured during his junior and senior season. On January 17 against Northwestern, he reinjured the foot that he had had surgery on the prior May and was lost for the season. In the 2015-2016 season, he clarified that his injury was a Jones fracture of the fifth metatarsal and that Kevin Durant who has the same agency and used the same doctor had called to offer him encouragement. At present, he has got a healthy body.