Facts of Carolyn Goodman
|Full Name:||Carolyn Goodman|
|Age:||983 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||March 25, 1039|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Carolyn Goodman|
Carolyn Goldmark famed as Carolyn Goodman is an American politician. Moreover, she has served as mayor of Las Vegas, Nevada since 2011. In addition to this, she is the second female mayor of Las Vegas and is the wife of former mayor and attorney Oscar Goodman. She is the founder, president, and trustee emeritus of The Meadows School. She became the leader of the local Jewish federation’s women’s division, a position she held for several years. She received the 2009 Commitment to Education award from the United Way of Southern Nevada.
- Being an American politician.
- Being the second female mayor of Las Vegas.
What is the Nationality of Carolyn Goodman?
On 25th March 1939, Carolyn Goodman was born as Carolyn Goodmark which is her birth name/real name. She is American by nationality and her ethnicity is White. She is Christian by religion. As of 2020, she celebrated her 81st birthday. Her birthplace is in New York, the USA. There is no exact information regarding her parents and siblings. Her zodiac sign is Aries. As per her education, she earned a bachelor’s degree in anthropology from Bryn Mawr College in 1961. She and her husband Oscar Goodman moved to Las Vegas from Philadelphia in 1964. She graduated from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas in 1973 with a master’s degree in counseling.
How Carolyn Goodman pursue her career?
- Carolyn Goodman is the present founder, president, and trustee emeritus of The Meadows School.
- In the year 1964, Carolyn with her husband moves to Las Vegas and became active in the local Jewish federation.
- After that, Carolyn became the leader of the local Jewish federation’s women’s division, a position she held for several years.
- Moreover, she received the 2009 Commitment to Education award from the United Way of Southern Nevada.
- She was also elected mayor of Las Vegas with 60% of the vote in a runoff; she took office on 6th July 2011.
- Later, she was reelected in 2015, and in April 2019 was reelected again to a third (and, due to term limits, final) term, with 83.5% of the vote.
- She greeted President Barack Obama at McCarran International Airport on 24th October 2011.
- She endorsed Ruben Kihuen on 15th July 2015 for the U.S. House of Representatives in 2016.
- She endorsed Joe Heck for the U.S. Senate in 2016.
- On 3rd August 2016, she declined to endorse Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election.
- She identifies as an independent.
- She also tried to promote Las Vegas as a home for professional sports teams.
- She attempted to lure a soccer team to Las Vegas several times, including bids for a Major League Soccer expansion team, and ultimately got a second-division team, the Las Vegas Lights FC of the United Soccer League, which began playing in 2018.
- She is no longer eligible to run for reelection due to term limits and in the year 2019, her final term was extended a year due to a state law that shifted all municipal elections held in off-years to even-numbered years, meaning her term will end in 2024.
- On April 22nd and 23rd, 2020, in interviews with MSNBC’s Katy Tur and CNN’s Anderson Cooper during the 2019-2020 coronavirus pandemic, Goodman said she wanted to reopen Las Vegas’s casinos and hotels.
- She also suggested that social distancing be subjected to a placebo test, adding, “We would love to be that placebo.” When Cooper asked if she would be willing to go to one of the casinos if they were soon opened up, she replied: “First of all, I have a family. I don’t gamble.”
What Awards Carolyn Goodman has achieved in her career?
Carolyn Goodman is a very well-known politician. She received the 2009 Commitment to Education award from the United Way of Southern Nevada.
Who is Carolyn Goodman’s Husband?
Carolyn Goodman is a married woman and she was married to her husband, Oscar Goodman. The duo is blessed with four children and six grandchildren. Her husband is a doctor with the Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada, Ross is a criminal defense attorney, Eric is a Las Vegas justice of the peace, and Cara is a marriage and family therapist who also works with burn victims at University Medical Center. Cara was one of three students in The Meadows School’s first graduating class in 1991. She is straight by sexual orientation. As of now, the duo is living a happy life.
How much is Carolyn Goodman’s Net Worth?
Carolyn Goodman is an American politician. The net worth of this famous politician is believed to have 780K as of 2020. Whereas her exact salary is unknown yet as it has not been disclosed by any sources yet. Her major source of earning is from her political career and as of now, she is satisfied with her earnings. She has accumulated a huge amount of money from her political career. There is no exact information regarding her cars and house.
How tall is Carolyn Goodman?
Carolyn Goodman is a very beautiful woman with a sweet smile on her lips. Being at the age of 81, she has maintained her body a lot. Her body build is average. She has got a tall height of five feet four inches with a balanced body weight of 68 Kg. Whereas her other body measurements such as waist size, breast size, bra size, waist size, shoe size, and more have not been revealed yet. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards her.