Facts of Cate Blanchett
|Full Name:||Cate Blanchett|
|Age:||53 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||May 14, 1969|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Cate Blanchett|
Cate Blanchett is an Australian actress and theatre director who is the recipient of two Academy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, and three British Academy Film Awards. In 2007, she was listed as one of the 100 most influential people in the world and was ranked among the highest-paid actresses in the world in 2018.
Cate even won the Oscar Award for Best Actress for her performance in “Blue Jasmine” in 2014 making her the first Australian to win more than one acting Oscar. She is also known for her appearance in “Lord of the Rings” and “Thor: Ragnarok”.
What is Cate Blanchett Famous for?
- Famous as an Oscar-winning actress.
- Best known for her role in Elizabeth.
Where was Cate Blanchett Born?
Cate Blanchett was born on May 14, 1969, in Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia. Her birth name is Catherine Elise Blanchett. Her nationality is Australian. Cate mixed to White ethnicity while Taurus is her zodiac sign.
Cate was born in a well-to-do family to Robert DeWitt Blanchett, Jr.(father) and June (mother). Her mother worked as a teacher and property developer while her father served in the United States Navy and later became an advertising executive.
She grew up along with her younger sister, Genevieve who is a theatrical designer and an older brother, Bob who is a computer systems engineer. Her father, however, died of a heart attack when she was just 10.
Blanchett attended Ivanhoe East Primary School and then Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School. She then joined Methodist Ladies’ College and later attended the University of Melbourne for a year before dropping out. During her late teens and early twenties, Blanchett also worked at a nursing home.
Later, she enrolled at the National Institute of Dramatic Art and graduated from there in 1992, receiving her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Cate Blanchett’s Career Highlights
- Cate Blanchett got her first stage role in the 1992 David Mamet plays “Oleanna”. She also appeared in plays “Electra” and “Hamlet”.
- She made her feature film debut in Bruce Beresford’s flick “Paradise Road”.
- In 1997, she got her first leading role as Lucinda Leplastrier in the romantic drama film “Oscar and Lucinda”.
- She got her first international role as Elizabeth I of England in the critically acclaimed film, “Elizabeth” in 1998.
- She also appeared in films including “Bangers”, “Pushing Tin”, “The Talented Mr. Ripley”, “Charlotte Gray”, “The Shipping News” and “Bandits”.
- Blanchett got her high recognition after she appeared in Oscar-winning movie, “The Lord of the Rings” in 2001.
- In 2002, she appeared in the flick ‘Heaven’ and also starred in ‘The Missing’ and ‘Coffee and Cigarettes’.
- In 2005, she portrayed the role of Katharine Hepburn in Martin Scorsese’s “The Aviator” for which she won her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- In 2006, she starred opposite Brad Pitt in the drama film, “Babel”.
- She reprised her role as Queen Elizabeth I in the sequel “Elizabeth: The Golden Age” in 2007.
- In 2008, Blanchett was inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2010, Blanchett appeared opposite Russell Crowe in Ridley Scott’s epic war film, “Robin Hood”.
- She also played Marissa Wiegler in the action-thriller flick, “Hanna” in 2011.
- Blanchett reprised her role as Galadriel in Peter Jackson’s adaptations of “The Hobbit”(2012–2014).
- She also lent her voice as Queen Elizabeth II in the episode “Family Guy Viewer Mail 2” of the sitcom, “Family Guy” in 2012.
- In 2013, Blanchett played the lead role of Jasmine French, in Woody Allen’s film, “Blue Jasmine” which earned her more than 40 industry and critics awards. She became the first Australian to win more than one acting Oscar.
- In 2015, Blanchett starred in five movies: ‘Knight of Cups’, ‘Cinderella’, ‘Carol’, ‘Truth’ and ‘Manifesto’.
- She also appeared in “Song to Song”, “Ocean’s 8”, “Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle”, “Where’d You Go, Bernadette” and “How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World”.
- In 2017, she got more fame with the portrayal of villain Hela in the Marvel Studios film, “Thor: Ragnarok”.
- She starred and served as creator and executive producer in the Australian drama series, “Stateless” in March 2020.
- Blanchett currently headlines and produces the FX/Hulu historical drama miniseries, “Mrs. America” as activist Phyllis Schlafly in April 2020.
Who is Cate Blanchett Married to?
Cate Blanchett is married to her husband, Andrew Upton. Upton is a popular playwright and screenwriter with whom Cate met for the first time in 1996 on the set of a TV show. They even worked on the play, “The Seagull”.
Later, on December 29, 1997, the couple got married and have four children: three sons, Dashiell John Upton (born 2001), Roman Robert Upton (born 2004), Ignatius Martin Upton (born 2008), and an adopted daughter Edith Vivian Patricia Upton. Blanchett said that she and her husband had been wanting to adopt ever since the birth of their first child.
In 2008, Blanchett and her husband became co-CEOs and artistic directors of the Sydney Theatre Company (STC).
What is the Net Worth of Cate Blanchett?
The 50 years old Cate Blanchett has quite a great earnings from her professional career as an actress. Working in this field for more than 3 decades, she has easily managed to amass a million worth fortune from her several blockbuster movies.
Her estimated net worth is around $95 million while her salary per movie is around $12 million.
In 2018, with her fortune $125 million, Cate was ranked eighth among the highest-paid actresses in the world. Having appeared in over 70 films and over 20 theatre productions, Blanchett’s films have grossed over $9.8 billion at the worldwide box-office.
Blanchett became a brand ambassador for Giorgio Armani fragrances for women during 2013 for which she was paid $10 million.
How Tall is Cate Blanchett?
Cate Blanchett is a gorgeous lady in her 50s. She has undoubtedly a well maintained stunning slim body physique of measurement 34-24-35 inches. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch.(1.74m) while her body weighs around 55kg(121 lbs). She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and blue eyes.