Charles Fuqua Manuel Jr., is an American baseball coach for the Philadelphia Phillies, and a former professional baseball outfielder in Major League Baseball, as well as a former Nippon Professional Baseball player.
Facts of Charlie Manuel
|Full Name:||Charlie Manuel|
|Age:||78 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||January 04, 1944|
|Birth Place:||Northfork, West Virginia, the USA|
|Net Worth:||$1.6 million|
|When did Charlie Manuel get married ? (married date):||, 2015|
|Children:||Julie Manuel, Charlie Manuel Jr.|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Charles Sr.|
|Education:||University of Pennsylvania|
|Height / How tall :||1.93 m|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Charlie Manuel|
I won't quit on a player who doesn't quit on himself.
There's no pressure in baseball. Pressure is when the doctor is getting ready to cut you, take your heart out, and put it on a table.
I think we're out on a limb right now, hanging over a cliff, and we're trying to find a way to get back.
Charles Fuqua Manuel, Jr. famed as Charlie Manuel is an American baseball coach for the Philadelphia Phillies and a former professional baseball outfielder in Major League Baseball (MLB), as well as a former Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB) player. He appeared over parts of six MLB seasons for the Minnesota Twins and Los Angeles Dodgers, before playing another six seasons in NPB with the Yakult Swallows and Kintetsu Buffaloes. Manuel replaced John Mallee as hitting coach for the Phillies on August 13, 2019, for the remainder of the season. Overall, he is a very talented person.
Philadelphia Phillies Hire Charlie Manuel As New Hitting Coach, Fire John Mallee
Charlie Manuel will be back in the Philadelphia Phillies dugout. In a shocking move, the Phillies announced the former World Series-winning manager is the team’s new hitting coach after firing John Mallee. Their offense has underperformed despite the addition of slugger Bryce Harper, All-Star J.T. Realmuto, two-time All-Star Jean Segura, and former 2013 MVP Andrew McCutchen, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in June. It reached a boiling point in the four-game series against the San Francisco Giants as the Phillies were one-hit. Heading into Tuesday night’s game against the Chicago Cubs, the Phillies are 19th in runs, 24th in batting average (.245), and 23rd in home runs (149). The Phillies are currently in fourth place in the National League East -nine games behind the first-place Atlanta Braves. The team is also two games out of the final Wild Card spot. Manuel won’t be in the dugout tonight as he’s traveling but will be at Wednesday’s game. Former MVP and World Series champ Ryan Howard says it’s “awesome” seeing Manuel back in a Phillies uniform.
Early Life of Charlie
On 4th January 1944, Charlie was born in Northfork, West Virginia, the USA. He celebrated his 75th birthday as of 2019. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. Although he was born in Northfork, West Virginia, his family was actually living in Virginia at that time, and he lived in Virginia throughout his childhood. Although he was born in Northfork, West Virginia, his family was actually living in Virginia at that time, and he lived in Virginia throughout his childhood. His father, Charles Sr., was a Pentecostal preacher, and the family lived in Wythe and Grayson Counties in Virginia until they settled in Buena Vista, Virginia, when Charlie, the third of 11 children and the oldest son, was 12. He became a four-sport star at Parry McCluer High School in Buena Vista, playing baseball, football, basketball, and track and field, captaining the baseball and basketball teams. He turned down his basketball scholarship offers, and an academic scholarship to the University of Pennsylvania, to consider offers from the Pittsburgh Pirates, Detroit Tigers, Minnesota Twins, and New York Yankees, ultimately signing with the Twins out of high school in 1963 for $30,000 ($250,000 in current dollar terms). His religion is Christian.
Body Measurements of Charlie
Charlie is a very handsome person with a very charming smile on his lips attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a tall height of 1.93 m and a balanced weight of 88 Kg. His other body measurements will be added soon. Overall. he has got a very healthy body.
Career of Charlie
- In 1971 he hit .372/.462/.764 for the Portland Beavers, leading the International League in each category.
- In 1974 he batted .329/.433/.600 with 30 home runs and 102 RBIs for the Albuquerque Dukes in the Pacific Coast League.
- played from 1969 to 1972 with the Minnesota Twins and in 1974 and 1975 with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- In 1977, he hit .316 with 42 home runs and 97 runs batted in, helping the Central League’s Yakult Swallows reach second place for the first time in franchise history.
- He finished the 1979 season with 37 home runs to win the home run title.
- He finished his successful run in Japan with a .303 career average, 189 home runs, and 491 RBIs.
- After he was fired as a manager for the Cleveland Indians, Manuel was hired by the Philadelphia Phillies as a special assistant to the general manager in 2004.
- In the 2005 season, the Phillies went 88-74, only one game back of the Wild Card.
- He finished second in balloting for the National League Manager of the Year Award for 2007.
- The 2008 season started out much like 2005 through 2007, as the Phillies once again got off to a slow start with a record of 8 wins and 10 losses.
- He reached a contract agreement with the Phils on 9th December 2008, to keep him with the team through the 2011 season.
- He became the first manager in franchise history to lead the Phillies to two consecutive World Series appearances on 21st October 2009.
- He managed the Phillies to their fourth consecutive NL East title in 2010.
- In November, the Rotary Club of Pittsburgh named Manuel the recipient of its Chuck Tanner Major League Baseball Manager of the Year Award.
- He again led the Phillies to the NL East title, their fifth consecutive in as many years, and quickest post-season clinch ever: at game #150 in 2011.
- He managed the Phillies to an 81-81 record in 2012.
- He won his 1,000th game on August 12, 2013.
- On Tuesday, 13th August 2019 he was hired as the hitting coach of the Phillies, replacing John Mallee.
Marital Status (Married), Wife, Girlfriend
In 2015, he was married to his wife, Melissa “Missy” Martin. He lives with his wife in Florida. He has two children, Chuck and Julie; three step-children, Collin, Hailey, and Alley; and five grandchildren. As of today, the couple is living a happy life without disturbances.
Net Worth of Charlie
Charlie is a very successful coach and there is no doubt that his net worth will be surely in the millions. But he has not revealed anything regarding his earnings. So, his net worth and salary are under evaluation but it will be added soon. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.