Chloë Stevens Sevigny is an American actress, model, and fashion designer. Known for her work in independent films, often appearing in controversial or experimental features, Sevigny is the recipient.
Facts of Chloë Sevigny
|Full Name:||Chloë Sevigny|
|Age:||48 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||November 18, 1974|
|Birth Place:||Springfield, Massachusetts, the US|
|Net Worth:||$8 million|
|Relationship affair ?:||Yes|
|Father's Name:||H. David Sevigny|
|Mother's Name:||Janin Sevigny|
|Height / How tall :||5ft 8inch|
|Waist Size:||26 inch|
|Bra Size:||35B inch|
|Hip Size:||35 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Chloë Sevigny|
Chloë Stevens Sevigny is an American model and actress who first came into the limelight after novelist Jay McInerney published a seven-page article on her for The New Yorker and referred to her as one of the “coolest girls in the world”.
She was working as a seamstress at that time! The popularity she earned after the article was published motivated her to enter the entertainment industry. She made her motion picture debut in the 1995 controversial film Kids, appearing in a lead role and earning an Independent Spirit Award nomination for the performance. She also embarked on a successful modeling career in the 1990s. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Chloë Sevigny famous for?
- An American actress, model, and fashion designer.
- Her work in independent films, often appearing in controversial or experimental features.
When was Chloë Sevigny born?
Recalling her life, Chloë Stevens Sevigny was born in Springfield, Massachusetts, the US, as the second child of H. David Sevigny and Janine in the year 1974. She has an elder brother named Paul. She grew up in Connecticut where her father worked as an accountant, and later, an art teacher.
She attended Darien High School. During her teenage, she got involved in drug abuse and experimented with marijuana and hallucinogens. Her concerned mother made her attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. Further, he is American by nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity.
What does Chloë Sevigny do?
- Moving towards his career, Chloë was spotted on a street by the fashion editor of Sassy magazine, Andrea Linett in 1992. As a result, she was signed as a model for the magazine.
- She later modeled for X-Girl, a fashion label designed by Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth. This eventually led her to appear in the music video Sugar Kane for Sonic Youth.
- In 1993, She relocated to Brooklyn and began working as a seamstress. During this period, she was spotted by author Jay McInerney around New York City. McInerney wrote a seven-page article on her that was published in The New Yorker. This gained him much fame, and the following year, she was featured on the album cover of Gigolo Aunts Flippin Out as well as on the EP Full-On Bloom.
- She was then cast in the low-budget independent flick Kids (1995) in which she played a teenager who is HIV positive. The film was highly controversial and was condemned for its graphic representation of sexuality and drug use involving teenagers. Despite the controversy, it became a hit and Sevigny’s performance was appreciated.
- The actress was approached by Mary Harron who offered her a minor role in the movie I Shot Andy Warhol. He gave the audition but ultimately turned down the part. Instead, she decided to play a role in the 1997 flick Gummo.
- After Gummo, she starred in the thriller Palmetto, appearing in the role of a young kidnapee. Soon after this, she had a lead role in The Last Days of Disco, alongside Kate Beckinsale.
- Aside from films, She featured in a 1998 Off-Broadway production of the play Hazelwood Jr. High. The play based on the real-life story of the 1992 murder case of Shanda Sharer. She appeared as one of the four girls responsible for Sharer’s murder.
- She then had a role in American Psycho (2000), a black comedy horror flick based on the 1991 novel by Bret Easton Ellis.
- In the year 1999, she collaborated with Harmony Korine for Julien Donkey-Boy. The same year, she appeared in a small role in the film ‘A Map of the World alongside Sigourney Weaver.
- She then played a lesbian in the Emmy Award-winning TV movie titled If These Walls Could Talk 2. According to her, this was the first and the only film she ever did for the sake of financial gain.
- She was featured in Olivier Assayas French thriller Demonlover in 2000. For this role, the actress was required to learn her character’s lines in French.
- She acted in the Club Kids biopic titled Party Monster in 2003. This biographical drama flick, which was directed by Randy Barbato and Fenton Bailey, depicted the story of the rise and fall of a New York City party promoter named Michael Alig.
- She then got the opportunity to act in the 2003 movie Dogville, alongside Nicole Kidman, Paul Bettany, and Lauren Bacall, playing one of the residents of a mountain town. The film garnered mixed reviews and was criticized by some critics for being “anti-American”.
- She starred in the biographical Shattered Glass, playing one of the co-editors who worked with a journalist named Stephen Glass whose reputation is hurt after his widespread journalistic fraud is exposed.
- In 2003, the American actress took on the lead female role in The Brown Bunny. After the release of the film, William Morris Agency banned her as a client. The talent agency decided after they saw the film and believed one of its scenes to be “one step above pornography”.
- In 2004, She had a supporting role in Woody Allen’s Melinda and Melinda. After this, she did a string of big-screen projects, including Manderlay, Broken Flowers, and 3 Needles.
- In 2006, she portrayed a lead character in the indie-film Lying. The same year, she appeared in Douglas Buck’s remake of the 1973 horror film Sisters. She also began playing Nicolette Grant on HBO’s TV series ‘Big Love’ that year.
- The actress got featured in the independent thriller The Killing Room as well as in the crime horror flick My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done in 2009.
- She had a voice role in the documentary flick Beautiful Darling in 2010. That year, she also had major roles in the comedy movies Barry Munday and Mr. Nice. Following this, She played the role of a transsexual contract killer named Mia in the drama series Hit & Miss.
- In 2012, she made guest appearances in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and American Horror Story. The following year, she appeared in the flick Lovelace and also starred in five episodes of The Mindy Project. After this, she played Catherine Jensen in the drama series Those Who Kill.
- In 2015, She returned to American Horror Story for the show’s fifth season Hotel. That same year, she also got featured in Netflix’s series Bloodline. A year later, she had a role in the Canadian horror flick Antibirth and also made her directorial debut with the short film Kitty.
- She starred in the film adaptation of Willy Vlautin ’s novel, Lean on Pete in 2017. She then appeared as Lizzie Borden in the biographical thriller Lizzie the following year.
- She starred as Lizzie Borden in Lizzie (2018), which premiered at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival, co-stars with Kristen Stewart. She had first expressed interest in developing and starring in a miniseries based on Borden in 2011.
- She also appeared in a supporting role in The True Adventures of Wolf boy and starred as a small-town police officer facing a zombie apocalypse in Jim Jarmusch’s comedy horror film The Dead Don’t Die (2019). The latter film premiered as the opening feature at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival where her third short film, White Echo, also competed for the Palme d’Or for Best Short Film.
- In January 2020, Her representative confirmed that she is expecting her first child with her boyfriend Sinisa Mackovic.
Who is Chloë Sevigny dating?
Reflecting on her personal life, Chloë has been famous in the gay community throughout her acting career as she supports LGBTQ rights. She was once in a relationship with Harmony Korine. After their separation, She dated Jarvis Cocker, a British musician. Later, she began dating musician Matt McAuley. The couple ended their eight-year-long relationship in 2008.
How much is Chloë Sevigny’s worth?
Being an actress by profession, Chloë earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $8 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed
How tall is Chloë Sevigny?
Observing her body physics, Chloë stands a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs around 59 Kg. Similarly, she has an hourglass body with blue eyes and blonde hair color. Further, her body measures 35-26-35 inches and she used 35B bra size.