Facts of Christian Pulisic
|Full Name:||Christian Pulisic|
|Age:||25 years 2 months|
|Birth Date:||September 18, 1998|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Christian Pulisic|
Christian Pulisic is an American professional soccer player who plays as an attacking midfielder or a winger for Premier League club Chelsea and the United States national team. Also, He is the youngest player ever to captain the U.S. national team in the modern era. During his career, he played for several clubs like Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea FC, etc. Besides clubs, He represents the United States football team. He represented the United States at the United States U17 World Cup and Copa America Cup. As of now, his market value is said to be $73 million. To know more about him, you can read the below article to the end.
What is Christian Pulisic famous for?
- An American professional soccer player.
What nationality is Christian Pulisic?
Going back to his early life, Christian was born under the birth sign of Virgo to his parents, Mark Pulisic and Kelley Pulisic at Hershey, Pennsylvania in the year 1998. His parents often played football at George Mason University and his father also played professional indoor soccer for the Harrisburg Heat in the 1990s and later became a coach at both youth and professional levels. He holds dual citizens i.e. Croatian and American and his ethnicity is White.
For education, he attended Hershey High School and later graduated from there. Also, he has a sister named Dee Dee.
What did Christian Pulisic begin his football career?
- Talking about his sports career, Christian started playing football from an early age. He played for the youth team of Brackley Town while he is in England.
- During his teen years, He played for local U.S. Soccer Development Academy club PA Classics and occasionally training with local professional club Harrisburg City Islanders.
- In 2015, Borussia Dortmund signed him and assigned him first to their U17 squad and in summer 2015 to the U19.
- Later, He was called to join the first team over winter break after scoring 10 and assisting 8 in just 15 games with the Dortmund youth teams.
- In early 2016, He played the second half of two friendly matches, scoring one goal and assisting another while with the first team in the winter break.
- Then, He made his Bundesliga debut in a 2-0 win against FC Ingolstadt.
- After that, He made his UEFA Europa League debut as a second-half substitute in a 2-0 victory against FC Porto.
- He scored his first Bundesliga goal for Borussia Dortmund against Hamburger SV which made him the youngest non-German and fourth-youngest player to score a goal in the Bundesliga at just 17 years.
- He scored in stoppage time against Manchester City to send the clubs into penalties in the 2016 International Champions Cup friendly pre-season tournament.
- At the age of 18, He became Dortmund’s youngest player ever to play in the UEFA Champions League. The following weekend he scored his first goal of the season and provided two assists in a 6-0 victory against Darmstadt 98.
- On 23rd January 2017, He signed a new deal with Dortmund which would keep him at the club until 2020.
- The same year, He scored his first UEFA Champions League goal in a 4-0 victory over Benfica in the round of 16, making him Dortmund’s youngest ever scorer in the competition.
- On January 02nd, 2019, He signed with Premier League club Chelsea for an estimated £58 million transfer fee. The deal also saw him stay at Dortmund on loan for the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
- The same year, He made his Premier League debut for Chelsea in a 4-0 defeat against Manchester United.
- He also scored in his next two league outings, a 2-1 away victory against Watford and a 2-0 home win over Crystal Palace.
- In November 2019, He scored his first Champions League goal for Chelsea in a 2-2 draw away to Valencia.
Christian Pulisic International Career Highlights
- Christian Pulisic had represented the United States at the U-15 and U-17 levels. He also captained the U-17 team at the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup where he scored a goal and an assist in three games.
- He scored a total of 20 goals in 34 games during his two years with the team.
- In March 2016, He was called up to the senior team by head coach Jürgen Klinsmann ahead of a World Cup qualifying game against Guatemala. Later, he became the youngest American to play in a World Cup qualifier.
- He also included in the senior squad for the Copa América Centenario, where he put home a late goal in a 4–0 friendly win against visiting side Bolivia.
- Later that year, He recorded two goals and an assist in a World Cup qualifying match in a 6-0 victory over Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- In the following match against Trinidad and Tobago, He broke another youth record by becoming the youngest American to start a World Cup qualifying match.
- In 2018, He finished the fifth round as the top scorer with five goals. However, the United States failed to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. The loss to Trinidad and Tobago is considered the most shambolic performance in American soccer history.
- In November 2018, He became the youngest player to captain the United States national team in a friendly defeat to Italy.
What are the achievements of Christian Pulisic?
Christian Pulisic has won several club titles as well as individual honors during his football career which are listed below:
- DFB-Pokal: 2016–17
United States U17
- CONCACAF Under-17 Championship third place: 2015
- CONCACAF Gold Cup runner-up: 2019
- U.S. Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year: 2016
- UEFA Champions League Breakthrough XI: 2016
- U.S. Soccer Male Athlete of the Year: 2017, 2019
- Kopa Trophy: 2nd place (2018)
- CONCACAF Best XI: 2017
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Best Young Player Award: 2019
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Best XI: 2019
Who is Christian Pulisic married to?
Christian Pulisic likes to keep his private life out of media. So, there is no other information available about his affairs and past relationship on social networking sites yet. As of now, he possibly single and focusing his career.
How much does Christian Pulisic make a year?
Christian Pulisic has earned the sum of a good amount of money from his profession as a soccer player in the field of the sports industry. As per the online sites, he has reported $10 million net worth and his annual salary is said to be $7.5 million as of 2020. Currently, his market value is $73 million. He also earned through his contracts which adds up his fortune as well. Further, his assets details are still yet to be disclosed.
What is Christian Pulisic’s height?
Christian Pulisic has a height of 5 feet 6 inches and he weighs around 63 Kg. He has a pair of brown eyes and black hair color. His other body statistics are still yet to be disclosed. Further, he has an athletic body and his sexual orientation is straight. Additionally, his shoe size is 8.5 (US).