Facts of Christopher Cross
|Full Name:||Christopher Cross|
|Age:||71 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||May 03, 1951|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Christopher Cross|
Christopher Cross is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and composer. He is one of the most successful musicians in his generation. He is best known for his super hit songs like “Sailing”, “Ride Like The Wind “. He was the first artist in Grammy history to win all four general field awards in a single ceremony, bringing home Record of the Year (“Sailing”), Album of the Year (Christopher Cross), Song of the Year (“Sailing”), and Best New Artist at the 23rd Annual Grammy Awards in 1981.
On April 3, 2020, Christopher Cross confirmed that he had tested positive for the COVID-19 virus through his Facebook page. Later, he reported on Twitter that he has lost the use of his legs, but his doctors have told him he should fully recover.
On October 18, 2020, Christopher Cross described what COVID-19 is like for him during an interview with CBS Sunday Morning. The effects of COVID 19 still linger as Cross considers himself a “Long Haul” survivor. Cross advocated the wearing of masks and is eager to tour again.
He is quite active on social media platforms with over 16.2k followers on Instagram @itsmrcross and with over 10.9k followers on Twitter @itsMrCross. He also has over 312k followers on his Facebook account.
What is Christopher Cross famous for?
- His super hit songs like “Sailing”, and “Ride Like The Wind”.
- Famous as the first artist in Grammy history to win all four general field awards in a single ceremony, bringing home ‘Record of the Year’, ‘Album of the Year’, ‘Song of the Year’, and ‘Best New Artist’.
Where was Christopher Cross born?
Christopher Cross was born on May 3, 1951, in San Antonio, Texas, the USA. His birth name is Christopher Charles Geppert. His father was a former U.S. Army pediatrician. However, his parents, early life, educational qualification are unknown.
He holds an American nationality and belongs to mixed (German, Irish, and Ashkenazi Jewish) ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Taurus. His religious belief is not known.
Christopher Cross Career Highlights
- In December 1979, Christopher Cross released a self-titled debut album “Christopher Cross”. From the album, his singles “Ride Like the Wind” hit No. 2 on the U.S. Hot 100, “Sailing” topped the chart, and “Never Be The Same” went No. 1 on the Adult Contemporary chart.
- In early 1983, he released his second studio album “Another Page” which includes famous singles such as “All Right”, “No Time for Talk”, and “Think of Laura”. “Think of Laura” is used as a reference to characters on the soap opera General Hospital.
- His third studio album “Every Turn of the World” was released in 1985 and the fourth “Back of My Mind” in 1988 but they did not produce any top 40 hits or reach Gold or Platinum status.
- In the 1990s, he released three studio albums such as “Rendezvous”, “Window”, and walking in Avalon”. Although some of his releases gained a critical response, he was not able to attract the mass audience he once enjoyed.
- In the year 2000, he releases the album “Red Room “, and in 2007 he completed a Christmas album titled A Christopher Cross Christmas.
- In 2008, Cross recorded a new acoustic album of his hits titled The Cafe Carlyle Sessions
- In 2011, Christopher Cross released a new studio album titled Doctor Faith.
- In 2013, he released A Night in Paris, a 2-CD live album.
- In September 2014, he released “Secret Ladder” and followed by Take Me as I Am in November 2017.
- In 2019, he toured with Todd Rundgren, Jason Scheff, Micky Dolenz and Joey Molland of Badfinger in celebration of the Beatles’ White Album on the “It Was Fifty Years Ago Today – A Tribute to the Beatles’ White Album”. Cross performed “Sailing” and “Ride Like the Wind”
Christopher Cross Awards
- In 1981, Christopher Cross won an Academy Award for Best Original Song, “Arthur’s Theme” (Best That You Can Do).
- In 1980, he won five Grammys under the categories of Record of the Year (Sailing), Song of the Year (Sailing), Album of the Year (Christopher Cross), Best Arrangement (Sailing), and Best New Artist
- He has also received a nomination for the Emmy Awards in 1988.
Christopher Cross Married life
Christopher Cross married Roseann Harrison in 1973 but they get divorced in 1982. In 1988, he remarried Jan Bunch. Again, his marriage ended in 2007. Cross has three children from both marriages. He has a son from his first marriage and two children from his second marriage, a son and daughter.
Christopher Cross Height and Weight
As of October 2020, Christopher Cross is 69 years. He is a good looking man with fair skin tone. He stands at a height is 1.87m (6 feet and 2 inches) tall, and his body weight is around 90 kg (198 lbs.).
Christopher Cross Net Worth
Christopher Cross has earned a good amount of money from his profession as a successful singer and songwriter. He also earns additional income from his endorsement deals. As of October 2020, his net worth is estimated to be $12 million. He is living a luxurious lifestyle with his earnings.