Facts of Christopher Meloni
|62 years 10 months
|April 02, 1961
|Best Match for Marriage:
|View more / View fewer Facts of Christopher Meloni
Christopher Meloni is an American actor, popular for his roles in well-known television series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. He identified his interest in acting from his days in college and studied acting at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Though he has been active on both television and films, it is his characters on the small screen that gave him popularity and many fans following. He has been able to effortlessly play roles of characters from both sides of the law, and grab the audience’s attention. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Christopher Meloni known for?
- An American actor.
- His television roles as NYPD Detective Elliot Stabler on the NBC legal drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for its first twelve seasons and as inmate Chris Keller on the HBO prison drama Oz.
When was Christopher Meloni born?
Recalling his early life, Meloni was born as Christopher Peter Meloni in the year 1961. He was born in Washington in the District of Columbia, USA. He has a mixed ethnicity of half Italian and half French-Canadian.
The name of his mother is Cecile Chagnon. Similarly, his father’s name is Charles Robert Meloni. Both of his parents are passed away. He spent his early life in Virginia as he went to school there. he spent his childhood in a very loving environment.
Where is Christopher Meloni educated?
Concerning his education details, Meloni attended St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes School. Afterward, he enrolled at the University of Colorado for further studies. later in 1983, he graduated from there with a degree in History.
When did Christopher Meloni begin his acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Meloni did several odd jobs before getting into the entertainment industry. He has worked as a construction laborer, personal trainer, bouncer, and bartender.
- Between 1989 and 1990, he acted in comedy television series 1st & Ten and situational comedy The Fanelli Boys. He began appearing in minor roles in films from 1994. However, he got his initial noticeable role in movies with the film Bound in 1996.
- In 1998, he got a role in the television series Oz. He played the role of a bisexual serial killer from 1998 till 2003 when the show went off the air.
- In 1999, He was signed to portray the character of an NYPD detective in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. He was part of the television series till 2011. He was also part of the acclaimed movie Runaway Bride.
- He also got an opportunity to experiment with comedy centered roles in the course of his career like the war veteran and cook in Wet Hot American Summer (2001), a pediatrician in an episode of Scrubs in 2003 and Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004). He also made a guest appearance in the sequel Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008).
- In 2012, he got the main role as a vampire in the television series True Blood, in which he appeared in five episodes.
- In 2014, he appeared in the first season of television series Surviving Jack as the lead character Dr. Jack Dunlevy. However, the series had been cut and canceled due to scheduling difficulties.
- Other than cameo roles in television series, he has been active in the film industry. He has been part of many critically acclaimed and popular films like Green Lantern: First Flight (2010), Man of Steel (2013), 42 (2013), Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014) and The Diary of a Teenage Girl (2015).
- In 2015, he also lent his voice for the character Commander John Taylor in the military science fiction video game Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
- His upcoming film projects include I Am Wrath (2016), Holding Patterns (2016) and Marauders (2016). He is also part of an upcoming television series Underground that is scheduled for release in 2016.
- He starred in and executive produced the Syfy series Happy!, based on the comic book series created by writer Grant Morrison and artist Darick Robertson, which premiered in 2017. The series was canceled on June 4th, 2019.
- In 2018, He guest-starred in two episodes of the FX drama series Pose, opposite Dominique Jackson. He then appeared on the third season of The Handmaid’s Tale as Commander Winslow in 2019.
Who is Christopher Meloni’s wife?
Reflecting on his personal life, Meloni is a married man. Currently, he is in a marital relationship with Doris Sherman Williams, a production designer. The couple dated for a while before getting married. The beautiful couple tied the marital knot on July 1st, 1995. Since then the lovebirds have been living with joy and prosperity.
Together, they have two children. Both of them are born from surrogacy. They are Sophia Eva Pietra and Dante Amadeo. Till now, they have survived this marriage for more than two decades. As of now, they reside in Los Angeles, California.
How rich is Christopher Meloni?
Being an actor, Meloni earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of entertainment. Based on some online sources, his estimated net worth said to be $30 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Christopher Meloni?
Observing his body statistics, Meloni stands at a height of 6 feet 0 inches and weighs around 85 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of blue eyes and dark brown hair color. Further, his other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.