Famous for being a Pop Singer.
Facts of Claire Cottrill
|Full Name:||Claire Cottrill|
|Age:||24 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||August 18, 1998|
|Birth Place:||Atlanta, Georgia|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Geoff Cottrill|
|Mother's Name:||Allie Cottrill|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 6 inches (1.68m)|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Claire Cottrill|
Who is Claire Cottrill?
Clairo is a singer-songwriter from the United States. I was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and grew up in Carlisle, Massachusetts. Clairo began uploading songs to the internet at the age of 13 and hasn’t stopped since. Clairo shot to fame in 2017 after the music video for her lo-fi track “Pretty Girl” went viral. As a teenager in 2013, she began sharing her music online, and she is noted for her delicate and sensitive vocals.
How old is Claire Cottrill? Birth, Zodiac, Lucky Stone, Lucky Color
As of 2022, Claire Cottrill is 24 years old. Cottrill was born on August 18, 1998, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America. The zodiac sign of Claire Cottrill is a Leo by birth. Her lucky color is gold, and her lucky stone is ruby.
Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair color
Claire Cottrill stands 5 feet 6 inches tall. She is 54 kg in weight. Her eyes are green, and her hair is brown. Her body dimensions are 34-25-36 inches, and she wears a bra size 33 C. She wears size 5 shoes (US).
Claire Cottrill: Nationality, Ethnicity, Parents, Siblings
She was, however, raised in Carlisle, Massachusetts. She is of Caucasian origin and holds an American passport. Likewise, she is 22 years old. Her father, Geoff Cottrill, and mother, Allie Cottrill, have both worked for prominent companies such as ‘Coca-Cola,’ ‘Converse,’ and ‘Starbucks.’ However, no information about her siblings or childhood is available. When Cottrill was 17, he was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Education Details: University, School, Graduation
Clairo enrolled at Syracuse University in 2017.
Relationship Status: Claire Cottrill is Single?
In May 2018, Cottrill confirmed her bisexuality to her Twitter followers. She claimed in an interview that making gay friends in college pushed her to come out because they were “strong and willing to be exposed.”
Clairo is currently single and living her life to the fullest. She is more focused on her singing career than on being in a relationship. When she is not singing or writing songs, Clairo keeps herself busy by studying and spending time with her family and friends.
Professional Career and Achievements
- Claire Cottrill began recording covers at the age of 13 and routinely performed covers at local businesses such as Blue Dry Goods. MTV contacted her during this period to record a song for use as background music for one of their shows, however, the song was never used.
- Wincing the Night Away by the Shins was “the first album I really fully geeked out over,” she said, citing it as her inspiration to compose music. She did not believe a career in music to be a likely prospect because many people around her told her that it was unlikely, so she “sort of did whatever I wanted” musically.
- Then began publishing music to Bandcamp under the identities Clairo and DJ Baby Benz while attending Concord-Carlisle High School, and she moved on to post covers and songs, as well as DJ mixes of rap music, on SoundCloud. She also maintained a YouTube page where she shared covers and short flicks.
- Clairo rose to prominence in late 2017 after the video for her song “Pretty Girl” went popular on YouTube. The song was written for an indie rock collection to help the Transgender Law Center.
- She recorded the track “with the resources around me, which were pretty horrible.” “I used a small piano I had and I was really into ’80s pop music — my mom is fascinated with it — so it kind of motivated me to produce something like that,” she says.
- She credited the video’s success to the YouTube algorithm system. The video rapidly went viral on vaporwave-related Facebook groups.
- Another YouTube video, “Flamin Hot Cheetos,” which was released a month earlier, garnered 3 million views by July 2018. The success of “Pretty Girl” piqued the curiosity of big record labels including Capitol, RCA, and Columbia.
- Jon Cohen, co-founder of The Fader, signed Clairo to the magazine’s associated record label and introduced her to Pat Corcoran, Chance the Rapper’s manager, with a 12-song record contract. She joined with the talent agency Haight Brand around the end of 2017. Clairo’s debut album, Diary 001, was published through Fader Label on May 25, 2018.
- In her review for Pitchfork, Fader contributor Sasha Geffen commented that the EP should quiet the “legions of critics who dismissed her as a one-hit fluke or an industrial plant.”
- The work “bridges two worlds,” writes Joe Coscarelli of The New York Times, “drawing on the subtle, modest bedroom pop of ‘Pretty Girl’ and ‘Flamin Hot Cheetos’ toward sturdier numbers like ‘4EVER’ and ‘B.O.M.D.’
- That same month, she announced a North American headlining tour, opening for Dua Lipa. Her appearance at the Bowery Ballroom on New Year’s Eve was a sell-out. In October 2018, she performed at Lollapalooza. In 2019, she played at Coachella.
- Clairo debuted her debut album Immunity on May 24, 2019, with the release of a new single, “Bags.” This was made available on August 12, 2019. She would go on to release two more album singles, “Closer to You” and “Sofia.” Clairo was recognized an Up Next artist by Apple Music in August 2019 as a result of the album’s commercial success.
- Clairo made her television debut in September 2019 on Jimmy Kimmel Live! with “I Wouldn’t Ask You,” followed by “Bags” on The Ellen DeGeneres Show a few days later. Clairo was named Pop Artist of the Year for the second year in a row at the 2019 Boston Music Awards in December 2019, as well as Album of the Year for Immunity.
- “Bags” made over 15 critics’ top songs of the year lists, including Pitchfork’s and Paste’s selections of the finest songs of the decade. Immunity appeared in the end-of-year lists of over ten critics, including The Guardian, Pitchfork, Billboard, and The Los Angeles Times. In 2019, Clairo was managed by Mike Ahern and Jimmy Bui.
How much does Claire Cottrill earn? Net worth
The outstanding singer has an estimated net worth of $100,000. Her primary source of income is her singing. Her marketers and sponsors also provide her with a comfortable existence.
Social Media Profile
Claire Cottrill (@clairo) has 3.1 million followers, 2,050 followers, and 637 posts on Instagram.