Facts of Claire Danes
|Full Name:||Claire Danes|
|Age:||44 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||April 12, 1979|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Claire Danes|
Claire Danes is an American actress known for her award-winning role as Carrie Mathison on the Showtime series, “Homeland”. Claire has won three Emmy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, and two Screen Actors Guild Awards and also was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2015. She is also known for her role as Angela Chase in the 1994 teen drama series, “My So-Called Life”. Besides, Claire was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
What is Claire Danes Famous for?
- Famous as one of the prominent actors in Hollywood.
- Known for her role as Carrie Mathison on the Showtime series, “Homeland”.
Where was Claire Danes Born?
Claire Danes was born on April 12, 1979, in Manhattan, New York, United States. Her birth name is Claire Catherine Danes. Her nationality is American. Danes belongs to White ethnicity and is of German and British Isles descent while Aries is her zodiac sign.
Claire was born in a well-to-do family to Christopher Danes(father) and Carla Danes(mother). Her father was a photographer and computer consultant who also worked for 20 years in New York in a company, “Overall Construction” while her mother was a sculptor and printmaking artist. Her mother also ran a small toddler daycare center, “Danes Tribe” and also served as Danes’ manager.
Claire was raised alongside his older brother, Asa, who is currently a lawyer. They grew up in an artist’s loft on Crosby Street where Claire attended PS 3 and PS 11 for elementary school and then Professional Performing Arts School for junior high school. Sooner she joined the New York City Lab School for Collaborative Studies in New York City.
She left “The Dalton School” as after attending 1 year she moved to Santa Monica, California along with her parents. In 1997, she graduated from the Lycee Français de Los Angeles and began studying major in psychology at Yale University in 1998.
She had an interest in dancing and acting since her childhood as she started studying dance when she was 6, she even took dance classes from Ellen Robbins at Dance Theater Workshop and acting classes at HB Studio the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute at the age of 10.
She even appeared in theater and video productions in New York City. She was 11 when she was led to roles in student films and by the time she was 12, she signed with agent Karen Friedman at the Writers & Artists talent agency.
Claire Danes’s Career Highlights
- Danes got her first big role on the Dudley Moore TV sitcom pilot, “Dudley” at the age of 13. She also appeared in “Law & Order” and “Lifestories: Families in Crisis”.
- She got her first-ever breakout role at the age of 15 portraying Angela Chase in the television drama series, “My So-Called Life” in 1994.
- Danes played the role of Beth March in the 1994 film adaptation of “Little Women”.
- In 1995, she starred in the Soul Asylum music video for “Just Like Anyone”.
- Danes got her first leading role on the big screen portraying Juliet in the film, “Romeo + Juliet” in 1996. 1995’s Home for the Holidays and 1996’s I Love You, I Love You Not and To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday.
- She also starred in 1995’s “Home for the Holidays” and 1996’s “I Love You, I Love You Not” and “To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday”.
- In 1997, Danes played the role of wife Kelly Riker in film, “The Rainmaker” and as Jenny in Oliver Stone’s “U-Turn”.
- In 1999, she made her first appearance in an animated feature, “Princess Mononoke”. The same year, she played the role of Julie Barnes in the big screen, “The Mod Squad” and “Brokedown Palace”.
- In April 2000, she appeared off-Broadway in Eve Ensler’s “The Vagina Monologues”.
- In 2002, she starred in “Igby Goes Down” and Oscar-nominated film, “The Hours”.
- She was cast in “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines”(2003), “Stage Beauty”(2004), “Shopgirl”(2005) and “The Family Stone”(2005).
- In 2007, Danes made her Broadway theatre debut as Eliza Doolittle in the “Roundabout Theatre Company”.
- In 2010, Danes starred as the lead role of Temple Grandin in the HBO production of the film, “Temple Grandin”. Her role was widely praised as she even won the 2010 Emmy Award, 2011 Golden Globe Award and 2011 Screen Actors Guild.
- Danes has starred as Carrie Mathison in the Showtime series, “Homeland” since 2011.
Awards and Achievements
1. Danes earned a Golden Globe Award and an Emmy nomination for her role Angela Chase in the television drama series, “My So-Called Life”.
2. She won the 2010 Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie, the 2011 Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film and the 2011 Screen Actors Guild Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries award for her role
as Temple Grandin in the HBO production of the film, “Temple Grandin”.
3. She won the 2013 Golden Globe and the 2012 Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Television Series for her performance. She also won the 2012 and 2013 Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her performance in “Homeland”.
4. She won the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards for Favorite Actress as Juliet in Romeo + Juliet.
5. She was awarded the Nova Award at the 2007 Maui film Festival.
Who is Claire Danes Married to?
Claire Danes is married to her husband, Hugh Dancy. Dancy is an actor with whom she met on the set of “Evening” in 2006. They began dating soon after and then got engaged in February 2009. Later, in September 2009, they got married in France in a secret ceremony. they together have two children: Cyrus Michael Christopher(b. December 17, 2012) and Rowan (b. August 27, 2018).
Previously, Danes dated other handsome hunks. She dated Australian singer Ben Lee for almost 6 years. They met for the first time at Danes’ 18th birthday party in 1997. They began dating and got separated in 2003. Sooner, in 2004, Danes began dating Billy Crudup that lasted until 2006.
What is the Net Worth of Claire Danes?
The 40 years old Claire Danes have quite a great earning through her professional career as an actress. Being in this field for more than 3 decades, she has managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars through her several films and television roles. Her estimated net worth is around $25 million.
Claire also makes her money from several endorsement deals like “Gucci’s Jewelry” and “Casio”.
How Tall is Claire Danes?
Claire Danes is a gorgeous lady in her early 40s. Danes has a well maintained slim body physique of measurement 34-23-34 inches. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 5.5inch(1.66m) while her body weighs around 54kg(119 lbs). She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and gray eyes.
Her bra size is 32 D, with 8(US) as her shoe size and 4(US) as her dress size.