Facts of Corey Haim
|Full Name:||Corey Haim|
|Age:||51 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||December 23, 1971|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Corey Haim|
Corey Haim was a Canadian actor who appeared in a number of films. Lucas, Silver Bullet, Murphy’s Romance, License to Drive, and Dream a Little Dream were among his 1980s films. Haim rose to fame after starring in The Lost Boys alongside Corey Feldman.
The couple, known as The Two Coreys, rose to fame in the 1980s after appearing in seven films together and later acting in the A & E American reality show The Two Coreys. On March 10, 2010, he died of pneumonia.
What caused Corey Haim’s death?
Paramedics transported Haim from their home to Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank on March 10, 2010, after his mother dialed 9-1-1. He was pronounced dead at 2:15 a.m. He was 38 years old at the time.
His death appeared to be an accidental overdose at first, according to Los Angeles police. The Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office later determined that Haim died of pneumonia. Haim had been sick for two days with flu-like symptoms before he died.
What was Corey Haim’s claim to fame?
In the reality television series “The Two Coreys,” the singer, best known for his 1980s Hollywood career as a teen idol, lived here. In addition to “Lucas,” “The Lost Boys,” “License to Drive,” and “Dream a Little Dream,” he appeared in a number of other films.
Where did Corey Haim originate?
On December 23, 1971, Corey Ian Haim was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He is the son of Judy (mother), a data processor from Israel, and Bernie Haim, a salesman. Haim’s parents divorced when he was 11 years old.
From his father’s second marriage, he had an older sister, Carol, and a younger half-brother, Daniel Lee. Haim was a devout follower of Judaism. His nationality was Canadian, and he was born under the sign of Capricorn. He grew up in Willowdale, Toronto, after being raised in Chomedey, Laval, Quebec.
His previous hobbies included ice hockey, keyboard music, and book collecting. Later, his mother encouraged him and enrolled him in improvisation and mime drama classes to help him overcome his shyness, which motivated him to pursue a career as an actor. He went to North York’s Zion Heights Junior High until he was in eighth grade, by which time he had established himself as a child actor.
What did Corey Haim do for a living?
- Haim started acting at the age of ten, playing Larry in The Edison Twins, a Canadian children’s educational comedy television series that aired from 1982 to 1986.
- In the 1984 thriller Firstborn, he played a young boy whose family is threatened by his mother’s abusive partner, played by Peter Weller. Haim rose to prominence in the industry after winning his first Young Artist Award for the 1985 NBC film A Time to Live. In the same year, he had a leading role in the film Silver Bullet.
- In 1986, Haim made his breakthrough in the film Lucas, in which he played the titular character. Haim rose to prominence in 1987 with the thriller-fantasy film The Lost Boys. The film grossed over $32 million in the United States and is considered a 1980s classic.
- Corey Feldman and Haim founded the group “The Two Coreys” during this period, and they became the highest-paid teen stars of the 1980s. The pair went on to star in a couple of successful films.
- He received his second Young Artist Award for his lead role in the 1988 film License to Drive, tying Feldman for Best Young Actor in a Motion Picture Comedy or Fantasy. In the metaphysical romantic comedy Dream a Little Dream, Haim and Feldman paired up again.
- Haim’s core audience started to dwindle in the early 1990s.
- As his drug problems worsened, his performances suffered, and his film career dwindled. Haim attempted a comeback in the early 2000s with the direct-to-video thriller Without Malice, starring Jennifer Beals and Craig Sheffer.
- In December 2006, Haim and Feldman reunited to film The Two Coreys, a television show for which they both served as executive producers.
- On July 29, 2007, the show premiered on the A & E Network, with a second season beginning on June 22, 2008. However, Haim’s addiction worsened, and A & E cancelled The Two Coreys in July 2008, halfway through its second season.
- Haim was working on The Dead Sea in his final days, a film about mercenaries stuck on a naval ship by zombies. Haim’s early fame and fortune came as a result of his early success. He failed to break free from his experiences as a teen actor, and his later career was marred by drug abuse. On March 10, 2010, he died of pneumonia.
What was the net worth of Corey Haim?
At the time of his death, Corey Haim, a Canadian actor, had a net worth of $5,000. His annual pay was never revealed. His professional acting career helped him establish his value. He began acting in 1982 and continued to do so until his death in 2010.
During this time, he appeared in a number of films and became known as Teen Idol in the 1980s. As a result, he gathered a substantial sum of money. Moving on, he had a motorcycle, a gray Subaru XT6 from 1988. Corey Haim also owns a house in West Hollywood, California (CA), and is a partner in a $1.35 million Hancock Park lease/option with Hollywood promoter/manager Michael Bass.
Who was Corey Haim’s wife?
Haim was never married and never had children. From 1987 to 1990, he was dating Alyssa Milano, the star of Who’s the Boss. Lala Sloatman starred alongside Haim in the films Watchers (1988) and Dream a Little Dream (1989), and the two dated for two years at the height of his fame.
He was engaged to Nicole Eggert, a Baywatch actress with whom he co-starred in Blown Away (1992) and Only One of the Girls (1993). (1993). In 1996, Haim was engaged to actress Holly Fields for a short time. In the year 2000, Haim married model Cindy Guyer.
Guyer accepted Haim’s proposal two days after they met at a Chicago autograph show. He had a year-long relationship with actress Tiffany Shepis, announcing their engagement in October 2008 and their impending wedding on May 9, 2009. Following Haim’s death on March 10, 2010, the two became estranged.
What is Corey Haim’s age?
Before his death in 2010, Corey Haim, a late Canadian actor, was 38 years old. According to the observations, the 1980s teen idol had dark hair and hazel eyes. The actor was a tall man, standing at 5ft 8inches.
He weighed 68 kilograms. His other body dimensions, such as body stats and shoe size, are still being examined. He identifies as a straight man.