Facts of D. L. Hughley
|Full Name:||D. L. Hughley|
|Age:||60 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||March 06, 1963|
|Lucky Color:||Sea Green|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Cancer, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of D. L. Hughley|
An American actor, political commentator, radio host, author as well as a stand-up comedian is named for D. L. Hughley. He is famous as the original host of BET’s “ComicView” from 1992-1993, the eponymous character on the ABC/UPN sitcom “The Hughleys”, and as one of the “Big Four” comedians in “The Original Kings of Comedy”. Moreover, he has been the host of CNN’s “D. L. Hughley Breaks the News”, a correspondent for The Jay Leno Show on NBC, and a local radio personality and interviewer in New York City. In early 2013, D.L. Hughley landed in 9th place on Dancing with the Stars.
D.L. Hughley tests positive for coronavirus after collapsing onstage in Nashville
Recently, D.L. Hughley tests positive for coronavirus after collapsing onstage in Nashville. He was suffering from exhaustion after working and traveling during the week, publicist Yvette Shearer said. In an Instagram post, Hughley said the positive diagnosis came after a battery of tests were performed when he was taken to Nashville’s Saint Thomas Hospital Friday night after his collapse.
What is the full name of D. L. Hughley?
On 6th March 1963, D. L. Hughley was born with the real name/full name/birth name of Darryl Lynn Hughley. His birthplace/hometown is in Portsmouth, Virginia, the USA. He is the son of Audrey (mother) and Charles Hughley (father), who was a Delta Air Lines maintenance worker. He had three siblings. He grew up in South Central, Los Angeles. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Mixed. His race is Black. His religion is Christian and his zodiac sign is Pisces. His teen years were troubled as he became a member of the notorious street gang, the Bloods, and was expelled from San Pedro High School. However, he eventually turned his back on gang life, getting his GED, and obtaining employment with the Los Angeles Times. As of 2020, he celebrated his 57th birthday. Scroll down to know about D. L. Hughley’s career, personal life, wife, birthday, wiki, age, net worth, facts, family details, height, and more.
D. L. Hughley’s Career
- D. L. Hughley was the original host of “ComicView”, the stand-up comedy program on BET from the year 1992 to 1993.
- He wrote, produced, and starred in the television sitcom series, “The Hughleys”, based on his real-life experiences living with his African-American family in an upscale neighborhood from the year 1998 to the year 2002.
- He also released a stand-up comedy album “D.L. Hughley: Notes From The GED Section”.
- He is a member of “The Original Kings of Comedy”, and has also had roles on “Studio 60” on the “Sunset Strip”, and on NBC’s Scrubs as Turk’s brother.
- He was the host of the BET Awards in the year 2008.
- In June 2010, he served as a special guest moderator of ABC’s The View for one day.
- He also guest-starred on TBS’s Glory Daze and guest-hosted “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire”.
- His first book, “I Want You to Shut the F#ck Up: How the Audacity of Dopes Is Ruining America”, with contributions from Michael Malice, was published on 31st July 2012 by Crown Archetype Press.
- He was a contestant on Season 16 of “Dancing with the Stars” where he was partnered with two-time champion Cheryl Burke.
- His second book, “Black Man, White House: An Oral History of the Obama Years”, was published on 6th June 2017 by William Morrow.
- His latest book, “How Not to Get Shot: And Other Advice From White People” with contributions from Doug Moe was published on 26th June 2018 by William Morrow.
- He is currently hosting a talk show “The D.L. Hughley Show”, that premiered on TV One on 18th March 2019.
- He was selected to host and write a comedic news-show on CNN which covers global happenings in politics, entertainment, sports, and pop culture, titled “D. L. Hughley Breaks the News”, which aired its premiere episode on Saturday, 25th October 2008 at 10 p.m. EDT on CNN.
- On 9th March 2009, CNN announced that he would be ending the show due to a desire to work in Los Angeles and be closer to his family.
- He planned to continue his work with CNN as a Los Angeles-based contributor for the network.
- On 20th July 2009, “The D.L. Hughley Morning Show” premiered on WRKS (now WEPN), more popularly known at the time as 98.7 Kiss FM, an urban adult contemporary station in New York City.
- His co-hosts included former BET news correspondent Jacque Reid.
- Airing from 6-10 am, the show placed Hughley in direct competition with his fellow “King of Comedy” Steve Harvey, whose nationally syndicated Steve Harvey Morning Show airs in New York on WBLS (Kiss FM’s longtime rival).
- There were plans to take Hughley’s show into syndication as well, but a dispute regarding his salary erupted between Kiss FM’s parent company and the potential syndication company.
- In August 2010, Kiss FM dropped the show from its schedule, and Hughley moved on to other endeavors.
- On 12th August 2013, REACH Media, the syndicator founded by Tom Joyner, announced it had finalized a deal with Hughley to host a new nationally syndicated afternoon drive show, “The D.L. Hughley Show”, distributed by Cumulus Media Networks.
D. L. Hughley MARRIED to LaDonna Hughley
D. L. Hughley is a married man. His wife’s name is LaDonna Hughley in the year 1986. They are also the proud parents of three children/kids; daughters namely Ryan, Tyler, and a son namely Kyle. Kyle Hughley is an American actor just like their father. He is also a fitness instructor at Krav Maga in Los Angeles. Hughley also discussed his son’s Asperger syndrome on several occasions. Ryan Nicole Hughley is an American Food writer for different magazines as well as a cooking enthusiast. Tyler Whitney Hughley is a radio host. She works together with their father on his show, The D.L Hughley Show. At present, the duo is living a happy married life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
On 9th November 2017, he gave an interview on Angela Yee’s Lipservice podcast in which he described having an affair early in his marriage and career. His mistress had become pregnant and had a son; the infant was shaken to death by his mother’s boyfriend. LaDonna learned of the existence of DL’s little son when his mother reached out to her for help. By then, the baby was dead, murdered at the age of nine months, shaken to death by one of his mother’s boyfriends. Touched by the tragedy, LaDonna sought to help the distraught young woman. Compassionately, LaDonna helped the bereaved mother financially, without ever informing her husband of what she was doing. She would go on helping the mother of her husband’s child – and the brother of her children – for many years. DL revealed: “She and my wife started talking, and my wife started giving her money. (…) my wife took it from my allowance that I’ve never gotten back.”
D. L. Hughley’s Net Worth 2020
D. L. Hughley is an American actor, political commentator, radio host, author, and stand-up comedian. Аѕ оf 2020, his net worth is believed to have $12 mіllіоn. Не еаrnеd mоѕt оf hіѕ wеаlth frоm hіѕ ТV ѕhоwѕ, hіѕ wоrkѕ аѕ а ѕtаnduр соmеdіаn, аnd ѕеvеrаl mоvіеѕ. Не арреаrеd іn аlmоѕt 14 fіlmѕ. Ніѕ rоlе аѕ Јоhn Wіlѕоn іn Ѕсаrу Моvіе 3 wаѕ рrаіѕеd а lоt. Every year he plays numerous club gigs and performs on concerts. Without a doubt, he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work. He is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings at present.
How tall is D. L. Hughley?
D. L. Hughley is a very cool and handsome person with a charismatic personality. He has got a tall height of 1.7 m with a balanced bodyweight of 75 kg. He has inked several tattoos in his body. On 19th June 2020, he collapsed while performing in a Nashville club; the reported cause was exhaustion related to his performance tour from Covid-19. Subsequent tests revealed he was positive for COVID-19.