Facts of Dakota Fanning
|Full Name:||Dakota Fanning|
|Age:||28 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||February 23, 1994|
|Lucky Color:||Sea Green|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Cancer, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Dakota Fanning|
Dаkоtа Fаnnіng іѕ а rеnоwnеd Аmеrісаn асtrеѕѕ аnd а mоdеl whо rоѕе tо рrоmіnеnсе аt а tеndеr аgе оf ѕеvеn аftеr ѕhе арреаrеd іn а drаmа fіlm thаt wаѕ tіtlеd І Аm Ѕаm. Also, She received a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination at the age of eight years old which makes her the youngest nominee in SAG history. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Dakota Fanning famous for?
- An American actress.
Where is Dakota Fanning from?
Recalling her early life, Dakota was born in Conyers, Georgia, the U.S. to Athletic family. She is the daughter of Heather Joy and Steven J. Fanning. Her father was a player of Baseball and her mother was a professional Tennis player. Her father played in many mini-league matches. But later on, her father works as a salesman for electronics in Los Angeles, California. Similarly, she is an American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Her birth sign is Pisces. Further, she also has a sister named Elle Fanning.
Where is Dakota Fanning educated?
Concerning her education, Dakota graduated from Campbell High School located in North Hollywood, California in 2011. She then attended the Galatians School of Individualized Study at New York University, where she majored in women’s studies, with a focus on the portrayal of women in film and culture.
When did Dakota Fanning begin her career?
- Moving towards her career, Dakota had begun acting classes from a very young age and when she was five she received her first television commercial offer. Following this, she signed numerous advertisements.
- In 2000, she played guest roles in television programs ER, CSI, Spin City, The Ellen Show, Ally McBeal, and The Practice. The following year she was cast in ‘I Am Sam’, the movie that brought her into the limelight.
- In 2002, She gained more popularity and was cast by well-known director Steven Spielberg for his TV series ‘Taken’. She acted in three movies: Hansel and Gretel, Sweet Home Alabama and Trapped in the same year.
- In 2003, she played major roles in two movies Uptown Girls and The Cat in the Hat. She also lent her voice to four animation projects for Disney, Fox and Cartoon Network.
- She appeared in the highly acclaimed movie Man on Fire in 2004 alongside Denzel Washington. She continued her work with high profile actors in 2005 when she played the role of Tom Cruise’s daughter in War of the Worlds. She also acted in Hide and Seek with Robert De Niro and with Kurt Russell in Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story. The same year she did the voice-over for Disney’s Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch.
- In 2006, she starred in a child-friendly movie, the film adaptation of the book Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White.
- Beginning in 2007, she focused on more mature roles in movies. In 2007, she starred in the movie ‘Hounddog’, which had created controversy because of its content. The following year she acted in a drama movie ‘The Secret Life of Bees’.
- In 2009, She tried switching her genre to action by starring in the movie Push but the film failed to succeed in the box office. However, she got the opportunity to lend a voice to the title character in the fantasy film Coraline. Dakota Fanning made an appearance in the second part of the Twilight series – New Moon in the same year.
- In 2010, she along with friend Kristen Stewart acted in The Runaways, a movie based on the autobiography of singer Cherie Currie. She also acted in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse in the same year.
- During the onset of 2011, she acted in the next part of the Twilight series – Breaking Dawn. Other movies that she acted in the year were Now Is Good, The Motel Life and Effie. She also lent her voice to the documentary film Rise made by U.S Figure Skating Association.
- In 2012, Dakota Fanning played the role of an eco-terrorists in Night Moves. The following year she acted in a biopic The Last of Robin Hood. She also was signed to essay the role of Viena in Viena and the Fantomes which is expected to release in 2015.
- She had a cameo role in the heist comedy Ocean’s 8, which was released in 2018. The same year starred as Sara Howard in the TNT historical television series The Alienist based on the novel of the same name.
- In August 2018, TNT ordered a sequel series based upon the follow-up novel The Angel of Darkness, with her set to return to reprise the role of Sara Howard.
- In 2019, She played Squeaky Fromme in Quentin Tarantino’s comedy-drama Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
What are the achievements of Dakota Fanning?
Talking about her achievements, Dаkоtа wоn thе Nаtіоnаl Аrtѕ Аwаrd in 2013. Ѕhе wаѕ nоmіnаtеd fоr thе Тееn Сhоісе Аwаrdѕ іn 2010. Ѕhе hаѕ wоn fоur Yоung Аrtіѕt Аwаrdѕ frоm еіght nоmіnаtіоnѕ. Ѕhе hаѕ аlѕо wоn thе Ѕаtеllіtе Аwаrdѕ іn 2002 аnd іѕ thе wіnnеr оf thе 2006 Ѕаturn Аwаrdѕ. Іn 2005, ѕhе wоn thе МТV Моvіе Аwаrdѕ fоr Ніdе аnd Ѕееk. Тhе асtrеѕѕ hаѕ rесеіvеd nоmіnаtіоnѕ frоm Ѕсrееn Асtоrѕ Grееn Аwаrdѕ, Fаngоrіа Сhаіnѕаw Аwаrd, Вlасk Rееl Аwаrd, аnd Gоthаm Аwаrdѕ.
Who is Dakota Fanning dating?
Reflecting on her personal life, Dakota is currently a romantic relationship with Henry Frye since 2017. As per Page Six, She was set to meet his parents during a trip to Cape Cod in 2018. Presently, The lovebirds enjoying their love life happily without rumors of separation.
Previously, She dated Jamie Strachan from 2013 to 2016. Also, she was rumored to be dating with Tyler Jame Williams. However, this was not confirmed. In 2009, she was dated Freddie Highmore but their relationship broke up. The reason behind their broke up is yet to reveal.
How much is Dakota Fanning worth?
Being an actress, Dakota earns an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $20 million and her salary is $2 million per movie. However, the details of her assets are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Dakota Fanning?
Observing her body physics, Dakota stands a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 50 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair color. Further, her body measures 32-25-34 inches. Her shoe size is 7 (US) and dress size is 4 (US).