Facts of Danny Green
|Full Name:||Danny Green|
|Age:||36 years 5 months|
|Birth Date:||June 22, 1987|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Danny Green|
Danny Green born with the birth name of Daniel Richard Green Jr. is one of the sparkling star in the field of basketball. He is a professional basketball player. Playing basketball from his high school, he is playing for the current team, Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA) (2019-Present). His playing position is Shooting guard. For the University of North Carolina (UNC), he played more games 145 and had more than 123 wins. Danny Green is the only player in the history of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) with at least 1,000 points, 500 rebounds, 250 assists, 150 three-pointers, 150 blocks, and 150 steals. Additionally, he won an NCAA championship his senior year and drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers with the 46th overall pick in the 2009 NBA draft. In 2019, he won his second NBA championship in his only season with the Toronto Raptors and signed with the Lakers for a two-year $30 million contracts on 6th July 2019. At present, he is playing for the Lakers.
Danny Green’s Stats: Los Angeles Lakers VS Denver Nuggets
Los Angeles Lakers guard Danny Green started in Monday’s lineup against the Denver Nuggets. By halftime of Los Angeles Lakers game against the Denver Nuggets on Monday, that was already the case again. In 13 minutes of action with the starters, Green had put up zero points on 0-of-5 shooting from the field and 0-of-2 shooting from 3-point range. In fact, the only counting stat he had amassed was one assist. Through the Lakers’ first six seeding games (Green only suited up for five of them), the two-time NBA champion averaged only 6.6 points in 22.8 minutes per game, shooting 40 percent from the field and a dismal 4-for-20 (20 percent) from 3-point range. Though he came out and made his first long-range attempt of the second half on Monday night, Green’s performance in the Orlando bubble has been jarring. With Avery Bradley not participating in the league restart and Rajon Rondo still working his way back, the Lakers need Green to spread the floor and help hold things down on the perimeter as the rangy, 3-and-D wing he’s been for most of his underrated career. Previously, he didn’t play in Saturday’s game against the Indiana Pacers because of a sore right hip (injury). He was previously sidelined by hip soreness before the NBA’s COVID-19 hiatus.
- Being a professional basketball player.
- Being the player for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- For dancing to the song “Jump Around” to pump up the crowd before most of the University of North Carolina home games.
- Being the only player in the history of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) with at least 1,000 points, 500 rebounds, 250 assists, 150 three-pointers, 150 blocks, and 150 steals.
What is the Birthplace of Danny Green?
Danny Green was born on 22nd June 1987 in North Babylon, New York, the USA. His birth name/real name is Daniel Richard Green Jr. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Mixed. His race is Black. He is Christian by religion and his Zodiac sign is Cancer. He was born to his parents Danny Green Sr. (father) and Rene’ Darrell (mother). He grew up along with his siblings, Rashad Green, and Devonte Green. His brother Devonte is also a basketball player currently playing for Indiana Hoosiers men’s basketball as their guard. As of 2020, he celebrated his 33rd birthday. As per his education, he attended North Babylon High School, St. Mary’s High School, and University of North Carolina (2005-2009).
For which team, Danny Green is playing for?
- Danny Green started his basketball career playing for St. Mary’s High School where he averaged 20 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 blocks as a senior.
- Moreover, he was even considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Green was listed as the No. 8 shooting guard and the No. 31 player in the nation in the year 2005.
- At the University of North Carolina, he e averaged 5.2 points and 2.8 rebounds in his sophomore season and also improved his scoring average in each of the next two seasons.
- He averaged 11.5 points, 4.9 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.9 turnovers, 1.2 steals, 1.2 blocks in 22.3 minutes per game during his junior career.
- Later, he went on to average 13.1 points, 4.7 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.7 turnovers, 1.8 steals and 1.3 blocks in 27.4 minutes per game as a senior.
- He was even selected to be a member of the ACC’s All-Defensive Team and was also named as a team captain.
- Beginning his professional career with Cleveland Cavaliers, he played in 20 games in his rookie year with the Cavaliers.
- He was selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers as the 46th overall pick of the 2009 NBA draft.
- The team waived him at the beginning of the next season.
- Later, on 17th November 2010, he was picked up by the San Antonio Spurs but the Spurs waived him after six days after he appeared in two games.
- He was then acquired by the Reno Bighorns of the NBA D-League in January 2011 where he averaged 20 points, a team-high, and 7.5 rebounds in 16 games with the Bighorns.
- In March 2011, he was selected by the Spurs again and he was assigned to the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League on April 2, and then recalled him on April 3.
- He had a breakout season, as he started 38 of his 66 games played, averaging 9.1 ppg becoming the starting shooting guard for the Spurs when Manu Ginobili returned to being the sixth man in the rotation.
- Additionally, he finished ninth in the league in voting for the NBA Most Improved Player Award.
- Again, he re-signed with the Spurs for $12 million over three years on 11th July 2012.
- He scored 9 points and added 2 blocks in San Antonio’s win over New Orleans in his debut game with the Spurs of the 2012 season.
- He scored 13 points in a win over the Thunder on 1st November 2012, scored 21 points to help the Spurs beat the Utah Jazz in a 110-100 win on 3rd November, hit a game-winner against the Los Angeles Lakers, hit a game-winner against the Los Angeles Lakers on 13th November.
- He also recorded career-highs of 28 points and 8 three-pointers made in a win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on 6th February 2013.
- He made 27 three-pointers by the end of the series where the Spurs lost the series in seven games.
- He then scored a career-high 33 points in a 112-104 win over the Phoenix Suns on 11th April 2014.
- He also won his first NBA championship after the Spurs defeated the Miami Heat 4 games to 1 in the 2014 NBA Finals on 15th June 2014.
- He scored a season-high 27 points in the 119-129 triple-overtime loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on 19th December 2014 and recorded 3 three-pointers against the Phoenix Suns to set a franchise record for the most three-pointers in a season at 191 on 12th April 2015.
- After that, he re-signed with the Spurs to a reported four-year, $45 million contracts on 14th July 2015.
- He hit two three-pointers against the Utah Jazz, giving him 662 with San Antonio to surpass Bruce Bowen (661) for second in franchise history on 6th January 2016.
- He also made his season debut for San Antonio, scoring eight points against the Houston Rockets in his return from a strained left quadriceps on 9th November 2016.
- Danny became the 127th player in league history to reach 900 career 3-pointers on 28th December 2017.
- Later, he was traded to the Toronto Raptors on 18th July 2018.
- He reached 1,000 3-pointers for his career on 10th November 2018 in a 128-112 win over the New York Knicks.
- He scored a season-high 29 points in a 121-109 win over the Orlando Magic on 1st April.
- He also helped the Raptors reach the 2019 NBA Finals, where they defeated the Golden State Warriors in six games, with Green earning his second NBA championship.
- On 6th July 2019, the Lakers signed him to a two-year $30 million contract and debuted for the Lakers on 22nd October 2019, where he led the team with 28 points in 32 minutes on 10-of-14 field goal makes and 7-of-9 three-point makes in a 112-102 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers.
- His 28 points are the most points in a debut in franchise history, breaking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s record of 27 points.
- Besides this, he and his longtime friend and sports broadcaster Harrison Sanford launched a podcast entitled “Inside the Green Room” in 2018.
Awards and Achievements of Danny Green
- 2× NBA champion (2014, 2019)
- NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2017)
- Slovenian Cup champion (2011)
- NCAA champion (2009)
- Third-team All-ACC (2009)
- ACC All-Defensive Team (2009)
- McDonald’s All-American (2005)
- Second-team Parade All-American (2005)
Is Danny Green Married?
Danny Green is not married yet and he is still to get married. At present, he is currently in a relationship with his girlfriend, Blair Alise Bashen. The couple is dating each other since 2015 and celebrated. By profession, Blair Alise Bashen attended Purdue Grad High School and was also the volleyball player of her high school team Purdue. She also coaches volleyball at SA Force. Recently, they celebrated their 5th year anniversary as of 14th June 2019. At present, the duo is living a happy life without any disturbances. He is loyal towards her and they both support each other. Their relationship is going stronger with the time and they are planning to get married soon. The couple also owns two dogs named Gizmo & Nuke and calls herself their momma. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Recently, Los Angeles Lakers guard Danny Green announced his engagement Monday to girlfriend Blair Bashen on Instagram. “Sorry it took so long babe!” Green wrote in the caption alongside him proposing on a beach. “Just wanted to be able to get you the ring you deserved and couldn’t afford it until now love you with all my heart and Im so lucky to have had you by my side these past 5 years…many more years to come! Here’s to forever!”
What is the Net Worth and Salary of Danny Green?
Danny Green is a very professional basketball player and has accumulated a huge amount of money from his career. As of 2020, the net worth of Danny Green is estimated to have $25 Million. The Lakers signed Green to a two-year $30 million contract on July 6, 2019. This includes $30,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $15,000,000. He is earning a base salary of $14,634,146 while carrying a cap hit of $14,634,146 and a dead cap value of $14,634,146 as of 2019-2020. His mansion is in Suffolk County, on Long Island, New York, worth $1.9 million. His primary source of wealth is from a basketball player and he is satisfied with his earnings. He is living a lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Danny Green?
Danny Green is a very handsome basketball player. He has got a tall height of 6 ft 6 in or 1.98 m. His balanced eight consists of 215 lb or 98 Kg. His body build is athletic. His hair color is black and eye color is also black. His chest size is 42 in, waist size is 32 in and his hips size is 36 in whereas his biceps size is 15.5 in and shoe size is 11 US. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality.