A well-known Scottish-American composer and singer-songwriter.
Singer, Songwriter, and Record Producer
Facts of David Byrne
|Full Name:||David Byrne|
|Age:||70 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||May 14, 1952|
|Birth Place:||Dumbarton, Scotland, UK|
|Net Worth:||$40 million|
|Salary:||$45k and $65k|
|Profession:||Singer, Songwriter, and Record Producer|
|Married Date:||July 18, 1987|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Education:||Lansdowne High School|
|Height / How tall :||6 feet 0 inches (1.83m)|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of David Byrne|
- 1 Who is David Byrne?
- 2 How old is David Byrne? Birth, Zodiac, Lucky Stone, Lucky Color
- 3 Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair color
- 4 David Byrne: Nationality, Ethnicity, Parents, Siblings
- 5 Education Details: University, School, Graduation
- 6 Relationship Stats: David Byrne is Married?
- 7 Professional Career and Achievements
- 8 How much does David Byrne earn? Net worth
- 9 Social Media Profile
Who is David Byrne?
David Byrne is a well-known Scottish-American composer and singer-songwriter. David Byrne is most recognized for his role as the frontman of the New Wave/punk band Blur.
How old is David Byrne? Birth, Zodiac, Lucky Stone, Lucky Color
As of 2022, David Byrne is 70 years old. Byrne was born on May 14, 1952, in Dumbarton West, Dunbartonshire. The zodiac sign of David Byrne is a Taurus by birth. His lucky color is Green, and his lucky stone is Emerald.
Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair color
David Byrne stands 6 feet 0 inches tall. He is 75 kg in weight. His eyes are black, and his hair is gray.
David Byrne: Nationality, Ethnicity, Parents, Siblings
David’s nationality is Scottish-American, and his ethnicity is Irish. Similarly, he was born under the sign of Taurus and hails from a Christian home.
David was born to Tom Byrne, his father, and Emma Byrne, his mother. Tom was an electronic engineer, and Emma was a teacher. Celia Byrne, David’s younger sister, is an epidemiologist and breast cancer specialist.
When David was two years old, his family relocated to Hamilton, Ontario. David’s family moved to Arbutus, Maryland, when he was about eight or nine years old. For two reasons, the family was obliged to leave Scotland. The first is Toms’ employment, and the second is the familial strife brought on by David’s parents’ mixed marriage.
Education Details: University, School, Graduation
David received his high school diploma from Lansdowne High School in southwest Baltimore. He went on to study at the Rhode Island School of Design and the Maryland Institute College of Art. He did, however, decide to drop out of college.
Cycling is one of David’s favorite things and hobbies. He even likes riding over driving and chooses to travel by bike instead of a car. Similarly, despite being left-handed, David plays guitar right-handed.
Relationship Stats: David Byrne is Married?
David is currently single and not in a relationship. He has been in multiple relationships and has even been married. David’s wife’s name was Adelle Lutz. Adelle has a job as a costume designer. On July 18, 1987, the pair married. They also had a daughter, Malu Abeni Valentine Byrne, born in 1989. Due to personal issues, the couple split in 2004.
Before his marriage, David was in a relationship with Toni Basil. Similarly, following their split, he dated Twyla Tharp. David also dated Louise Neri after his divorce from Adelle. His most recent romance, though, was with Cindy Sherman. The couple started dating in 2007 and split up four years later in 2011.
Professional Career and Achievements
- David started as a vocalist. He co-founded the band “Talking Heads” with Chris Frantz. “Talking Heads: 77,” their debut album, was released in 1977.
- Similarly, “More Songs About Buildings and Food,” the band’s second album, was recorded and released.
- This record was a huge success. Following this triumph, the band went on to release two more albums, “Fear of Music” (1979) and “Remain in Light” (1980).
- The band went on hiatus until 1983.
- David’s solo career began in 1981 with the release of his debut solo album, “My Life in the Bush of Ghosts.” After a brief hiatus, the band released “Speaking in
- Tongues” in 1983. Their first major commercial triumph came with the release of the album.
- Their next album, “Little Creatures,” reached double platinum in America and became the band’s best-selling album. “True Stories” and “Naked: Before Separation” were the band’s two albums.
- Following the dissolution of the Talking Heads, David released his second solo album, “Rei Momo.” Other well-known albums by David Byrne include “David Byrne” and “Look into the Eyeball” (2001). David made an appearance on the track “Snoopy” from De La Soul’s album “and the Anonymous Nobody” in 2016.
How much does David Byrne earn? Net worth
The well-known artist is reported to have a net worth of $40 million. His singing career provides the majority of his income. However, he has not published his annual remuneration. David, on the other hand, unquestionably earns a six-figure salary per year.
David has won several honors. A few examples include the Los Angeles Film Critics Association (1987), the Academy Awards (1988), and the Golden Globe Awards (1988). Similarly, he has received two Grammy Awards (1989 and 2010) as well as two Drama Desk Awards (2013).
Social Media Profile
David is a frequent user of social media platforms. He is active on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. He has over 449k Facebook followers and over 82.8k Twitter followers.