Facts of David Silva
|Full Name:||David Silva|
|Age:||37 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||January 08, 1986|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of David Silva|
David Josue Jimenez Silva, professionally known as David Silva is a Spanish professional football player. He is considered one of the greatest players ever in Manchester City history, as well as one of the greatest midfielders in the Premier League and in the world. He currently plays as a midfielder for the English club Manchester City. Silva started his professional football career from the Spanish club Valencia. He then played for Eibar and Celta on loans before joining Manchester City in 2010. Silva established himself as a club’s legend with his playmaking and assists. He won 4 Premier Leagues, 2 FA Cups, 5 EFL Cups, and 3 Community Shields with Manchester City. Silva will leave the club at the end of the 2019-20 season. He has won Copa del Rey with Valencia as well.
On the international level, he represented Spain national team at various age levels before making his senior international debut in 2006. He went on to win the FIFA World Cup 2010 and two UEFA European Championships for Spain. Silva retired from international football in 2018.
What is David Silva Famous For?
- Won UEFA Euro 2008, 2010 FIFA World Cup, and UEFA Euro 2012.
- Won 4 Premier Leagues, 2 FA Cups, 5 EFL Cups, and 3 Community Shields with Manchester City.
Where is David Silva Born?
David Silva was born on 8 January 1986. His birth name is David Josue Jimenez Silva. His birth place is in Arguineguin in Spain. He holds Spanish nationality. He was born to a father, Fernando Jimenez, and a mother, Eva Silva. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He belongs to white ethnicity and is multiracial. He has Japanese ancestry on his mother’s side. He has two siblings: Nando Jimenez Silva (younger brother) and Natalia Jimenez (Older Sister).
David Silva football career
- David Silva started his youth football career joining the youth team of UD San Fernando in 1995. He was only 9 years old when he joined the club.
- He originally played as a goalkeeper. He soon transitioned into a winger.
- Spanish club Valencia offered him when he was 14 years old. He joined the club in 2000 aged 14. He remained at the club’s youth setup until he was 17. He was then promoted to the club’s reserve team in 2003.
- Valencia then loaned him to the Segunda Division club, Eibar in 2004. He made his professional debut while playing for Eibar.
- While at Eibar, he scored 4 league goals in 35 appearances.
- Valencia then loaned him to Celta de Vigo in 2005. He scored 4 goals in 34 matches for the club.
- Following his loan spell at Eibar and Celta de Vigo, he returned to Valencia. He became the first-choice midfielder after his return to the club.
- Silva scored his first league goal on 5 November 2006 against Espanyol.
- He signed a 5-year contract extension with the club in August 2008.
- He helped the club to win the 2008 Copa del Rey. It was his first title in Spain.
- Silva missed the first three months of the 2008-09 season due to chronic ankle ailment.
- Silva scored then-career-best 8 league goals in the 2009-10 season helping the club to return to the Champions League.
- Silva scored 31 goals for Valencia’s first team in 168 appearances before joining Manchester City.
- Silva transferred to the English club Manchester City signing a 4-year deal in June 2010.
- Silva made his Premier League debut on 14 August 2010 against Tottenham.
- He scored his debut goal for the club on 16 September 2010 against Red Bull Salzburg in the Europa League group match.
- Silva scored his first Premier League goal on 17 October 2010 against Blackpool.
- Silva later went on to become a Manchester City legend winning several club titles and individual honors as well.
- He became one of the prolific assist providers for the club with over 150 Premier League goals & assists.
- Silva had announced in June 2019 that he would leave the club at the end of the 2019-20 season. He played his final Premier League game against Norwich City on 26 July 2020.
- He scored 77 goals in 434 appearances in all competitions during his career at Manchester City.
- He spent 10 seasons at the club and won 4 Premier Leagues, 2 FA Cups, 5 EFL Cups, and 3 Community Shields in his Manchester City career.
- Premier League: 2011–12, 2013–14, 2017–18, 2018–19
- FA Cup: 2010–11, 2018–19; runner-up: 2012–13
- Football League/EFL Cup: 2013–14, 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20
- FA Community Shield: 2012, 2018, 2019
David Silva International Career
- David Silva represented Spain’s national team at various age levels. He represented Spain football at U16, U17, U19, U20, and U21 teams. He represented Spain U17 team at the 2003 FIFA U17 World Championship as well as Spain U21 team at the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championships among others.
- He was part of the Spain U19 team that won the 2004 UEFA European U19 Championship.
- Silva made his senior international debut on 15 November 2006 in a 1-0 friendly match against Romania.
- Silva scored his debut international goal on 22 August 2007 against Greece. He scored a brace in a 3-2 friendly victory.
- Silva played a major role in the Spanish national team that won 3 major titles: UEFA Euro 2008, 2010 FIFA World Cup, and UEFA Euro 2012.
- He also represented Spain at their unsuccessful campaigns at the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cups and 2016 UEFA Euro.
- Following the 2018 World Cup, Silva announced his retirement from international football.
Individual Awards and Achievements
- FIFA U-17 World Championship Bronze Ball: 2003
- Pedro Zaballa Award: 2005
- Premier League Player of the Month: September 2011
- PFA Team of the Year: 2011–12 Premier League, 2017–18 Premier League
- UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 2012
- ESM Team of the Year: 2017-18
- Premier League top assist provider: 2011-12
- Manchester City Players’ Player of the Year: 2011–12
- Manchester City Player of the Month: October 2010, November 2010, December 2010, September 2011, March 2014, December 2014, February 2015, August 2015, January 2017
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 5th team: 2015, 2016, 2018
- Manchester City Player of the Season: 2016–17
- Medalla de Oro de Canarias: 2010
- Gold Medal of the Royal Order of Sporting Merit: 2011
David Silva Wife
David Silva is not married. He is in a relationship with Yessica Suarez Gonzalez. With Yessica, he has a son, Mateo. Mateo struggled to live as he was born extremely prematurely. Mateo recovered and was reported healthy. Mateo then came home.
He has over 1.5 million followers on his Instagram @david21lva, over 3.9 million followers on Twitter, and 2.3 million followers on Facebook.
How Tall is David Silva?
David Silva stands at a height of 1.7 m i.e. 5 feet and 7 inches tall. He has a body weight of 148 lbs i.e. 67 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is also dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
David Silva Net Worth
David Silva earns from his professional career as a football player. His income comes from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. He started his football career from Valencia and played for several clubs before joining Manchester City in 2010. He played 10 seasons at City and became one of the greatest midfielders in the world. He signed 3 contract extensions while at Manchester City. He has an estimated annual salary of $15 million. He has an endorsement deal with Adidas. He appeared alongside Spain football teammates in commercial in 2013. Silva accumulated his fortune from his football career. His net worth is estimated at $55 million at present.