DeMar DeRozan is an American basketball player who currently plays for the San Antonio Spurs of the NBA.
Facts of DeMar DeRozan
|Full Name:||DeMar DeRozan|
|Age:||33 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||August 07, 1989|
|Birth Place:||Compton, California|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Mother's Name:||Diane DeRozan|
|Education:||Compton High School|
|Height / How tall :||6.7 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of DeMar DeRozan|
DeMar DeRozan is an American basketball player who currently plays for the San Antonio Spurs of the NBA. He is a four-time NBA All-Star and a two-time All-NBA Team member. He played with the Raptors for nine seasons and was only recently traded to the Spurs in the summer of 2018. Today, let’s explore the facts related to DeMar DeRozan wiki, bio, career, and net worth.
DeMar DeRozan’s Latest Instagram Post is Sad Especially With Raptors in the NBA Finals
Well, folks, it’s finally happened. After years of impressive regular season play without the postseason results to prove it, the Toronto Raptors are in the NBA Finals.
The main reason has to be the trade of last year’s offseason when DeMar DeRozan was shipped to San Antonio for Kawhi Leonard, who has been at the center of Toronto basketball since the season began. Let’s actually check in on DeRozan, shall we?
Listen, there’s nothing wrong with the message. It just seems weird that he’s posted something about being happy alone while the team he spent the first nine years of his career with and whose scoring record he shattered looks to win its first Finals with the player they traded him away for.
Good on DeMar for seeming unfazed about what’s going on, but it’s a little weird he’s going public to express that.
What is DeMar DeRozan known for?
- An American professional basketball player for the San Antonio Spurs of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- Four times to the ‘NBA All-Star Team’ and twice he was a member of ‘All-NBA Team.’
Where is DeMar DeRozan Born?
Back to his early life, DeRozan was born as DeMar Darnell DeRozan in Compton, California, to Frank and Diane DeRozan. He has an elder half-brother, Jermaine. His father was a linebacker with a Louisiana team during his young days.
DeRozan started playing basketball with his father at the age of 5. His father, Frank, was a videographer, and his mother, Diane, worked at a thermostat factory. During his growing up years, his mother was diagnosed with Lupus, an auto-immune disease.
With his father’s training, he quickly became a promising basketball talent. When he reached the 9th grade, other Compton schools tried to get him on their roster, but he continued with his school. With a score of 26 points average as a freshman, he helped his school get their first playoff berth.
Before DeRozan went pro, he played basketball at the high school and college levels. He was so good at both levels that he earned himself numerous accolades, for example in 2006 and 2007, he was named in the consecutive All-Moore league first team. In 2007, he was named in the Los Angeles Times first team. In 2008, DeMar was listed on the All-State team and has received many more honors.
During his early career life, he played for Compton High School basketball team. He led his high school team to back-to-back Moore league championships. In the process, he won the Moore league MVP.
When did DeMar DeRozan Pursue her acting career?
- DeMar DeRozan’s name was entered in the 2009 NBA Draft where he was selected ninth overall by the Toronto Raptors. He signed his rookie contract with the Raptors on July 9, 2009. He scored his first professional career-high 37 points against the Houston Rockets on December 31, 2010. He matched a similar feat twice over the next three years.
- DeRozan changed his career-high point to 40 against the Dallas Mavericks, on January 22, 2014. He was selected for the 2014 NBA All-Star Game as a reserve guard for the Eastern Conference All-Star team. He ended the 2013-2014 season with an average of 22.7 points, 4.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 30% from beyond the arc, and finished fourth in total free-throws made and seventh in attempts.
- DeMar DeRozan suffered from a torn left adductor longus tendon in November 2014 and had to stay away from court for quite a while. He returned to play in January of 2015. He was named the Eastern Conference player of the Month for April becoming the third person to be named the player of the Month in team history behind Chris Bosh and Kyle Lowry.
- DeRozan re-signed with the Raptors in a five-year, $139 million contract on July 14, 2016. He became the Raptors scoring leader passing Chris Bosh’s 10,275 points in December of 2016. He was named the Eastern Conference All-Star Starter for the 2017 NBA All-Star Game. He was named in the All-NBA Third Team for the first time in his career on May 18, 2017.
- DeRozan set a franchise-record of 52 points on January 1, 2018, against the Milwaukee Bucks in a victory of 131-127. In January of 2018, he was picked as an NBA All-Star starter for the second consecutive season. Later on the season, he was named to the All-NBA Second Team.
- DeMar DeRozan and Jakob Poltl were traded to San Antonio Spurs in exchange for Kawhi Leonard (another highly paid NBA player) and Danny Green on July 18, 2018.
Who is the girlfriend of DeMar DeRozan?
Reflecting on his personal life, DeMar DeRozan is in a relationship with Kiara Morrison. The two began seeing each other when DeRozan went to play for the USC. Both of them shared a love for sports and that is how their relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend started. He has two daughters; Diar and Mari from his affair with Kiara.
How much is DeMar DeRozan’s net worth?
The actual net worth of DeMar DeRozan has not been reported but it is in the millions. DeRozan has signed one of the biggest NBA contracts of $139 million for five years in 2016. Calculating from it, he earns $27.8 million annually as his salary. Add to that the various endorsement deals that he is signed to then his annual income alone is reported to be above $30 million. With his huge earnings, he is bound to have a net worth in the millions.
How tall is DeMar DeRozan?
Observing his body statistics, DeRozan stands a height of 6 feet 7 inches and weighs around 100 kg. Similarly, He has a pair of brown eyes and black hair color. Further, His body measures 42-35-40 inches and used the 8 (US) size of the shoe.
- 1 DeMar DeRozan’s Latest Instagram Post is Sad Especially With Raptors in the NBA Finals
- 2 What is DeMar DeRozan known for?
- 3 Where is DeMar DeRozan Born?
- 4 When did DeMar DeRozan Pursue her acting career?
- 5 Who is the girlfriend of DeMar DeRozan?
- 6 How much is DeMar DeRozan’s net worth?
- 7 How tall is DeMar DeRozan?