Facts of Dr. Dre
|Full Name:||Dr. Dre|
|Age:||58 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||February 18, 1965|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Dr. Dre|
Dr. Dre is a famous American rapper, songwriter, audio engineer, record producer, record executive, as well as an entrepreneur. Moreover, he is also an actor and the founder and CEO of Aftermath Entertainment and Beats Electronics. He was previously co-owner of Death Row Records. He began his career in the year 1985 is a member of the World Class Wreckin’ Cru and later rose to fame with the gangsta rap group N.W.A. He was credited as a key figure in the crafting and popularization of West Coast G-funk, a subgenre of hip hop characterized by a synthesizer foundation and slow, heavy beats. His first album was “The Chronic” and it was released in 1992. For the first time, he appeared in a movie scene back in 1996 in the movie “Set It Off” where he played the character of Black Sam. It was a minor role. He was also the part of the music group the “Four Aces”. In the year 2014, he became an employee of Apple Inc.
Dr. Dre’s Wife, Nicole Young, Files for Divorce
Nicole Young, Dr. Dre’s wife of 24 years, has filed for divorce. Young filed documents seeking to end her marriage with Dr. Dre on Monday in Los Angeles County Superior Court. Nicole Young, 50, cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split, and she is seeking spousal support from the 55-year-old Dr. Dre, who has amassed a major fortune in his time as an N.W.A member, solo rapper, producer, co-owner of Death Row Records and founder and CEO of Aftermath Entertainment and Beats Electronics. The couple has two adult children, 23-year-old son Truice and 19-year-old daughter Truly. Dr. Dre has four children from previous relationships. The two married in 1996. It was the first marriage for Dr. Dre. Young was previously married to NBA player Sedale Threatt.
- Being an American rapper, songwriter, audio engineer, record producer, record executive, entrepreneur, and actor.
- Being considered as one of the best hip-hop producers and rappers of all time.
- For popularizing of the West Coast-G-Funk.
- Being ranked as second-richest hip hop rapper and producer on the Forbes list in the year 2014.
What is the Real Name of Dr. Dre?
On 18th February 1965, Dr. Dre was born with the birth name/real name of Andre Romelle Young in Compton, California, the USA. He was born to his parents; Theodore Young (father) and Verna Young (mother). His middle name is derived from The Romells, his father’s amateur R&B group. His parents married in 1964, separated in 1968, and divorced in 1972. His mother later remarried to Curtis Crayon and had three children: sons Jerome and Tyree (both deceased) and daughter Shameka. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is American-African. His race is black. He is Evangelical by religion and his horoscope sign is Aquarius. Talking about his education; as a student, he attended various institutions including Vanguard Junior High School, Roosevelt Junior High School, Fremont High School, and later Chester Adult School. During his college days, he desired to enroll for an apprenticeship program in Northrop Aviation Company but his consistently poor grades made him ineligible. As such, he turned his attention to music. As of 2020, he celebrated his 55th birthday. In 1984, after he received a music mixer for his birthday, he turned his house into a music studio.
How Dr. Dre pursue his career?
- Dr. Dre often attended a club called Eve After Dark to watch many DJs and rappers performing live due to which he became a DJ in the club, initially under the name “Dr. J”.
- At the club, he met aspiring rapper Antoine Carraby, later to become member DJ Yella of N.W.A.
- In their first recording session, they recorded a song entitled “Surgery”, with the lyrics “calling Dr. Dre to surgery” serving as the chorus to the song.
- After that, in the year 1984, he joined the musical career as a member of the musical group, “World Class Weckin” Cru under Kru-Cut.
- The group then dominated the electro-hop scene in the West Coast with their first single, ‘Surgery’ selling more than 50,000 copies within Compton alone.
- Dr. Dre and DJ Yella also performed mixes for local radio station KDAY, boosting ratings for its afternoon rush-hour show “The Traffic Jam”.
- His earliest recordings were released in 1994 on a compilation titled “Concrete Roots”.
- In the year 1986, he met rapper O’Shea Jackson; known as Ice Cube; who collaborated with him to record songs for Ruthless Records, a hip hop record label run by local rapper Eazy-E.
- N.W.A and fellow West Coast rapper Ice-T are widely credited as seminal artists of the gangsta rap genre, a profanity-heavy subgenre of hip hop, replete with gritty depictions of urban crime and gang lifestyle.
- N.W.A’s debutant studio album, “Straight Outta Compton” met with blockbuster success, selling more than 2 million copies.
- Its single, ‘Fuck Tha Police’ explored the tension between black youth and police officials.
- In the year 1991, the group released its second album, ‘Efil4zaggin’ before disbanding.
- He also produced tracks for a number of other acts on Ruthless Records, including Eazy-E’s 1988 solo debut Eazy-Duz-It, Above the Law’s 1990 debut Livin’ Like Hustlers, Michel’le’s 1989 self-titled debut, The D.O.C.’s 1989 debut No One Can Do It Better, J.J. Fad’s 1988 debut Supersonic and funk-rock musician Jimmy Z’s 1991 album Muzical Madness.
- In the year 1991, he co-founded Death Row Records with Sue Knight.
- In the year 1992, he released his first single, which served as the title track for the film ‘Deep Cover’, collaboration with rapper Snoop Dogg, whom he met through Warren G.
- In the year 1993, he made the big leap of his career with his maiden album, “The Chronic”.
- Its singles, ‘Nuthin’ but a ‘G’ Thang’, ‘Let Me Ride’, ‘Fuck with Dre Day’ created a revolution in the music industry, making the album a cultural phenomenon.
- The album with its G-funk sound dominated hip hop music for the early 1990s.
- After that, he switched to being a producer and produced Snoop Dogg’s debut album, “Doggystyle”, Tupac Shakur’s work, ‘All Eyez on Me’, and several film songs.
- In the year 1994, he produced some songs on the soundtracks to the films “Above the Rim” and “Murder Was the Case”.
- He collaborated with fellow N.W.A member Ice Cube for the song “Natural Born Killaz” in the year 1995.
- For the film Friday, he recorded “Keep Their Heads Ringin'”, which reached number ten on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 1 on the Hot Rap Singles (now Hot Rap Tracks) charts.
- In the year 1995, Death Row Records signed rapper 2Pac and began to position him as their major star: he collaborated with Dr. Dre on the commercially successful single “California Love”, which became both artists’ first song to top the Billboard Hot 100.
- The “Dr. Dre Presents the Aftermath” album, released on 26th November 1996, featured songs by Dr. Dre himself, as well as by newly signed Aftermath Entertainment artists, and a solo track “Been There, Done That”, intended as a symbolic farewell to gangsta rap.
- In October 1996, he performed “Been There, Done That” on Saturday Night Live.
- In the year 1997, he produced several tracks on The Firm’s “The Album” which was met with largely negative reviews from critics.
- In the year 1999, he produced three songs on Eminem’s debut album, “The Slim Shady LP”. The album went on to sell four million copies in the US alone and revived the fate of Aftermath Entertainment as well.
- His second solo album, “2001”, which marked his grandiose return to gangsta rap. The album became a huge hit.
- After that, he started producing songs and albums by other artists, including Eminem, The D.O.C, and so on.
- In the year 2001, he hired R&B singer, Truth Hurts to Aftermath.
- In the year 2003, he produced the debut smash hit by 50 Cent, ‘Get Rich or Die Tryin’.
- He co-produced four tracks from the album, including the hit single, ‘In Da Club’.
- Eminem’s fourth album since joining Aftermath, “Encore”, again saw Dre taking on the role of executive producer, and this time he was more actively involved in the music, producing or co-producing a total of eight tracks, including three singles.
- He also produced “How We Do”, 2005 hit single from rapper The Game from his album “The Documentary”, as well as tracks on 50 Cent’s successful second album “The Massacre”.
- In November 2006, he began working with Raekwon on his album “Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II”.
- He also produced tracks for the rap albums Buck the World by Young Buck, Curtis by 50 Cent, Tha Blue Carpet Treatment by Snoop Dogg, and Kingdom Come by Jay-Z.
- Additionally, he also appeared on Timbaland’s track “Bounce”, from his 2007 solo album, Timbaland Presents Shock Value alongside, Missy Elliott, and Justin Timberlake.
- During this period, The D.O.C. stated that he had been working with him on his fourth album “Voices through Hot Vessels”, which he planned to release after “Detox” arrived.
- In 2007, his third studio album, formerly known as “Detox”, was slated to be his final studio album.
- He appeared in the remix of the song “Set It Off” by Canadian rapper Kardinal Offishall (also with Pusha T) on 15th December 2008.
- He made a guest vocal performance on, the single “Crack a Bottle” by Eminem in early 2009 and the single sold a record 418,000 downloads in its first week and reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart on the week of 12th February 2009.
- He produced or co-produced 19 of 20 tracks on Eminem’s album “Relapse” in the year 2009.
- These included other hit singles “We Made You”, “Old Time’s Sake”, and “3 a.m.”
- On 20th April 2010, “Under Pressure”, featuring Jay-Z and co-produced with Scott Storch, was confirmed by Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre during an interview at Fenway Park as the album’s first single.
- On 14th November 2011, he announced that he would be taking a break from music after he finished producing for artists Slim the Mobster and Kendrick Lamar.
- On 9th January 2012, he headlined the final nights of the 2012 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, on the weekends of April 13-15 and April 20-22, 2012.
- On 1st August 2015, he announced that he would release what would be his final album, titled “Compton” which is inspired by the N.W.A biopic “Straight Outta Compton”.
- In an interview with Rolling Stone, he revealed that he had about 20 to 40 tracks for “Detox” but he didn’t release it because it didn’t meet his standards and he thought he was done being an artist.
- It was revealed on 12th February 2016 that Apple would create its first original scripted television series and it would star Dr. Dre.
- In October 2016, Sean Combs brought out Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, and others on his Bad Boy Reunion tour.
- He has been featured in a number of movies, his debut appearance being for ‘Set It Off’ in 1996, ‘The Wash’ and ‘Training Day’.
- He also launched his own brand of headphones, ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ which consists of various categories of in-ear headphones, supra-aural headphones, and circumaural headphones.
- In the year 2014, the headphone brand was finally taken over by telecom giant Apple Inc for a reported $3 billion.
Award and Achievements of Dr. Dre
Altogether, Dr. Dre has won 6 ‘Grammy Awards,’ including the ‘Producer of the Year.’ Among six, three are from his production work. He won in the categories of Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance by Duo/Group twice, Producer of the Year, and Best Rap Album twice. He twice won the MTV Best Rap Video Awards for the singles, ‘Keep the Heads Ringin’ and ‘Forget About Dre’. Rolling Stone ranked him at 56th position in the ‘100 Greatest Artist of All-Time’ list.
Who is Dr. Dre married to?
Dr. Dre is a married man. On 15th December 1981, when Dre was 16 years old and his then-girlfriend Cassandra Joy Greene was 15 years old, the two had a son named Curtis Young, who was brought up by Greene and first met Dre 20 years later. Curtis is a rapper under the name Hood Surgeon. Curtis Young first met his father 20 years later, when Curtis became rapper Hood Surgeon. In the year 1983, Dre and Lisa Johnson (who was 15 years old at the time) had a daughter named La Tanya Danielle Young. In 1988, Dre and Jenita Porter had a son named Andre Young Jr was born but the two never married. In the year 1990, Porter sued Dre, seeking $5,000 of child support per month. On 23rd August 2008, his son Andre died at the age of 20 from an overdose of heroin and morphine at his mother’s Woodland Hills home. From the year 1988 to 1996, he dated Michelle with whom he has a son, Marcel. In 1996, he married Nicole Threatt, ex-wife of NBA player Sedale Threatt. The couple has a son Truice, and a daughter Truly. Nicole Young filed for divorce in June 2020, citing irreconcilable differences. At present, he assumes to be singe after divorce. He is enjoying his present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Dr. Dre’s Net Worth 2020?
Dr. Dre is an American rapper, songwriter, audio engineer, record producer, record executive, entrepreneur, and actor. With his multiple career, he has accumulated the huge amount of money. Аѕ оf 2020, the net worth of Dr. Drе is estimated to have $820 Mіllіоn. He tаkеѕ mоѕt оf thе сrеdіt fоr рорulаrіzіng Wеѕt Соаѕt G-funk. At present, hе іѕ thе thіrd rісhеѕt rарреr іn thе wоrld аnd аmоng thе wеаlthіеѕt сеlеbrіtіеѕ іn thе wоrld. He also mаdе hіѕ mоnеу аftеr hе ѕоld Веаtѕ tо аррlе fоr $3 bіllіоn whісh wаѕ thе lаrgеѕt рауmеnt а muѕісіаn hаѕ еvеr rесеіvеd іn а dау. Hе hаѕ аlѕо mаdе hіѕ mоnеу thrоugh hіѕ саrееr аѕ аn асtоr, рrоduсеr, а rарреr аnd а DЈ which is his major source of wealth. He has appeared in TV commercials for Coors Light (2002), Dr. Pepper (2009), St. Ides, Chrysler 300S, and others. At present, he is satisfied with his earnings. He is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings.
How tall is Dr. Dre?
With an athletic body build, Dr. Dre is a very handsome person with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. He has got a tall height of 6 ft 1 in or 185 cm. His balanced weight consists of 108 Kg or 238 lbs. His shoe size is 10.5 (US) or 44.5 (EU) or 9.5 (UK). His hair color is black and his eye color is dark brown. Overall, he has got a healthy body.