Facts of Eddie Murphy
|Full Name:||Eddie Murphy|
|Age:||62 years 5 months|
|Birth Date:||April 03, 1961|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Eddie Murphy|
One of the American comedian, actor, writer, singer, and producer is Edward Regan Murphy who is famous as Eddie Murphy. He was ranked number 10 on Comedy Central’s list of the 100 Greatest Stand-ups of All Time.
Gossip and Rumors
- Eddie Murphy becomes a father for the 10th time, welcomes his 10th child with fiancee Paige Butcher.
- Dolemite Is My Name
Eddie Murphy’s Early Life
Eddie Murphy’s real name is Edward Regan Murphy. He was born on 3 April 1961 at Brooklyn, New York, U.S. He was born to Lillian who was a telephone operator and Charles Edward who was a transit police officer, an amateur actor, and comedian. His father died in 1969. He has a brother named Charlie. When his mother was he lined up at foster care for one year with his brother. Later they were raised in Brooklyn with his mother and stepfather Vernon Lynch who is a foreman at an ice cream plant. In 1979, he attended Roosevelt Junior-Senior High School in Roosevelt, Long Island. He went to study at the Nassau Community College in Garden City, New York but he hasn’t achieved any college degree.
How tall is Eddie Murphy?
Murphy’s height is 1.76 m and weight is 77 kg. His hair color is black and the eye color is dark brown. He has a balanced and healthy body.
Eddie Murphy’s Career
- From 1980 to 1984, he was a regular cast member on Saturday Night Live.
- In 1982, ‘Eddie Murphy’ was his first album to be released.
- In 1982, he made his big-screen debut in the film ‘48 Hrs.’.
- In 1983, ‘Delirious’ was filmed in Washington, D.C.
- He played as the characters in a grown-up version of the ‘Little Rascals’.
- He starred in ‘Trading Places’ alumnus.
- In 1984, he appeared in the film named ‘Best Defense’ and action comedy film named ‘Beverly Hills Cop’.
- As a singer, he has two hit single songs as ‘Party All the Time’ and ‘Put Your Mouth on Me’.
- In 1985 he released his debut album named ‘How Could it be’.
- In 1986, he starred in a supernatural comedy film named ‘The Golden Child’.
- In 1987, he was again given the role in the film named ‘Beverly Hills Cop II’.
- In 1989, he bought another album named ‘So Happy’.
- He made the appearance on ‘Inside the Actors Studio’.
- In 2006, as a soul singer, he starred in the motion picture version in the film ‘Dreamgirls’.
- He starred in the 2008 film ‘Meet Dave’ and the 2009 film ‘Imagine That’.
- In 2012, he hosted the 84th Academy Awards.
- In 2013, he released his single titled ‘Red Light’.
- In 2016, he played the role in the fourth series of the film ‘Beverly Hills Cop’.
- He co-starred in the drama ‘Mr. Church’ with actress Britt Robertson.
Eddie Murphy’s Award
- In 1985, he won the People’s Choice award for Favorite All-Around Entertainer and the ShoWest Convention Award for Star of the Year.
- In 1987 he won the American Cinematheque Award for Gala Tribute.
- In 1988, he won Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice award for Favorite Movie Actor.
- In 1989, he won the People’s Choice award for Favorite Comedy Motion Picture Actor.
- In 1990, he won the Image award for Entertainer of the Year.
- In 1990, he won the Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Screenplay.
- In 1992, he won ShoWest Convention Award for Star of the Decade.
- In 1993, he won the Soul Train award for Heritage award.
- In 1996, he won the Walk of Fame for Star on the Walk of Fame.
- In 1997, he won the Blockbuster Entertainment award for Favorite Lead Actor, National Society of Film Critics award for Best Lead Actor and Saturn award for Best Lead Actor.
- In 2001, he won Annie award for Best Individual Achievement for Voice Acting by a Male Performer in an Animated Feature.
- In 2002, he won Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice award for Favorite Voice from an Animated Movie and People’s Choice award for Favorite Motion Picture Star in a Comedy.
- In 2006, he won the African-American Film Critics Association award for Best Supporting Actor.
- In 2007, he won the Central Ohio Film Critics Association award for Best Supporting Actor, Critics Choice award for Best Supporting Actor, Screen Actors Guild award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role and Women Film Critics Circle award, Hall of Shame.
- In 2008, he won Golden Raspberry award for Worst Lead Actor, Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actor and Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice award for Favorite Voice from an Animated Movie.
- In 2010, he won the Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actor of the Decade.
- In 2011, he won Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice award for Favorite Voice from an Animated Movie.
- In 2016, he won the Hollywood Film Festival award for Career Achievement award.
- In 2018, he won the CinEuphoria award for Career – Honorary award.
Who is married to Eddie Murphy?
Murphy is married. His wife’s name is Nicole Murphy. They married in 1993. He has five children with her named Bria, Miles Mitchell, Shayne Audra, Zola Ivy, and Bella Zahra. The pair divorced in 2006. He also dated Paulette McNeely and has a child named Eric. He then has a daughter named Christian from Tamara Hood whom he dated from 1990 to 1991. He also has a daughter named Angel Iris Murphy Brown, whose mother is former Spice Girl and “America’s Got Talent” judge Melanie Brown when he dated her in 2006. He then dated Paige Butcher in 2012. They have a daughter named Izzy Oona Murphy. Altogether he has 9 children. Now he is 57 and it has been reported that he is expecting is 10 children and the second child of him and Butcher. The delivery date of the baby is said to be in December 2018.
How much is Eddie Murphy worth?
Murphy’s net worth is estimated to be $85 million.