One of the famous Romanian engineers who was one of the first women to obtain a degree in engineering is named as Elisa Leonida Zamfirescu.
Facts of Elisa Leonida Zamfirescu
|Full Name:||Elisa Leonida Zamfirescu|
|Age:||134 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||November 10, 1887|
|Birth Place:||Galati, Kingdom of Romania|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Atanase Leonida|
|Mother's Name:||Matilda Gill|
|Education:||Royal Academy of Technology|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Elisa Leonida Zamfirescu|
One of the famous Romanian engineers who was one of the first women to obtain a degree in engineering is named as Elisa Leonida Zamfirescu. During World War I, she managed a hospital in Romania.
- Teaching physics and chemistry at the Pitar Mos School of Girls as well as at the School of Electricians and Mechanics in Bucharest.
- One of the world’s first female engineers
Gossips and Rumors
Google Doodle Celebrates Elisa Leonida Zamfirescu’s 131st Birthday. She faced many obstacles on her road to pursue her education and career. She has been celebrated by Google with a doodle on her 131st birth anniversary. In her 86 years of life, Zamfirescu carved herself a spot in a male-dominated field, led geology labs, and studied Romanian mineral resources.
Death of Elisa
Elisa died at the age of 86 on 25 November 1973 in Bucharest, Romania. The cause of her death has not been found out yet.
Early Life of Elisa
Elisa Leonida Zamfirescu was born on 10th November 1887 in Galati, Kingdom of Romania. Her nationality is Romanian. She was born to Atanase Leonida and Matilda Gill, her parents. Her father was an officer. She also has a brother named Dimitrie Leonida who was also an engineer. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Regarding her education, she was rejected by the School of Bridges and Roads in Bucharest. Later, in the year 1909, she was accepted at the Royal Academy of Technology Berlin, Charlottenburg. She graduated in 1912, with a degree in engineering. She became the world’s first female engineer, but the Irish engineer Alice Perry graduated six years before Zamfirescu in the year 1906.
Body Features of Elisa
Elisa has got a very attractive body figure. Her exact body measurement has not been revealed yet and will be updated soon. She has got a balanced weight.
Career of Elisa
- Elisa started her career working as an assistant at the Geological Institute of Romania.
- She also joined the Red Cross and ran a hospital at Marasesti Romania at the time of World War I.
- In the year 1997, her hospital received the wounded from the Battle of Marasesti between the German and the Romanian armies.
- After the end of the war, she returned to the Geological Institute and led several geology laboratories and participated in various field studies, including some that identified new resources of coal, shale, natural gas, chromium, bauxite, and copper. Zamfirescu also taught physics and chemistry.
- She later retired in the year 1963.
- In retirement, she was involved in activism for disarmament.
Affairs of Elisa
Elisa is a married woman. She was married to chemist Constantin Zamfirescu, brother of the politician and writer Duiliu Zamfirescu. The exact married date of the couple has not been revealed yet and will be updated soon. She was a mother of two daughters.
Awards of Elisa
Elisa was the first woman member of A.G.I.R. she was honored with a Google Doodle on the anniversary of her birthday in 2018. An award for women working in science and technology was established in her name, the Premiul Elisa Leonida-Zamfirescu.
Net Worth of Elisa
The net worth of Elisa has not been revealed yet. But there is no doubt in the mind of her follower that she was earning a good amount of money from her career. She was very successful in her professional life as well as in his personal life. She enjoyed her life a lot from the money she earned from her career.