Ellen Pompeo is an actress and producer most notable to the audiences for her portrayal of Dr. Meredith Grey in the hit medical drama Grey’s Anatomy.
Facts of Ellen Pompeo
|Full Name:||Ellen Pompeo|
|Age:||53 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||November 10, 1969|
|Birth Place:||Everett, Massachusetts, USA|
|Net Worth:||$80 million dollars|
|When did Ellen Pompeo get married ? (married date):||, 1970|
|Children:||Three(Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery, Sienna May Pompeo Ivery, Eli Christopher Pompeo Ivery)|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Joseph Pompeo|
|Mother's Name:||Kathleen Pompeo|
|Education:||Everett High School|
|Height / How tall :||5.7 inch|
|Ethnicity:||Italian, Irish, English|
|Hair Color:||Light Brown|
|Waist Size:||26 inch|
|Bra Size:||34 inch|
|Hip Size:||36 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Ellen Pompeo|
Ellen Pompeo is an actress and producer most notable to the audiences for her portrayal of Dr. Meredith Grey in the hit medical drama Grey’s Anatomy. She has signed a $20 million annual contract with the American Broadcasting Company in late 2017 becoming one of the highest-paid television actors of the year. Similarly, Ellen Pompeo has been actively involved in the acting fraternity ever since 1995. She appears on screen with the same effortless beauty and cool endeavor that she is so well known for. She has also been known for her endeavors in Coming Soon, Law and Order, and Moonlight Mile.
What is Ellen Pompeo known for?
- Her portrayal of her major role of Meredith Grey in the series of the ABC Grey’s Anatomy.
- Her endeavors in Coming Soon, Law and Order, and Moonlight Mile.
Where is the birthplace of Ellen Pompeo?
Back to her early life, Ellen Pompeo was born in Everett, Massachusetts, USA. Her nationality is American and her ethnicity is Italian, Irish, English.
She is the daughter of Kathleen B. (nee O’Keefe) and Joseph E. Pompeo. Her father was of Italian, English, and Irish descent, while her mother was of Irish ancestry. Ellen was raised Roman Catholic. When Ellen was five her mother died of a painkiller overdose. Her father remarried soon after. He died on 1 September 2012, in 2006.
In 2006, Ellen Pompeo told Allure “I think having my mother die at such a very young age – when she was 33 – I appreciated life so much. She has five siblings: three sisters and two brothers. She was nicknamed “the pencil”, and “stracciatella” (an ice-cream flavor).
Regarding her education, Ellen attended Everett High School in Everett, Washington.
When did Ellen Pompeo pursue her acting career?
- Ellen Pompeo’s career began with guest roles in TV series, such as ‘Law & Order’, ‘Strangers with Candy’, and ‘Friends’. She made her feature film debut with a minor role in the 1999 crime film ‘Coming Soon’.
- In 2002, she played an important role in the romantic drama film ‘Moonlight Mile’. The film was a commercial failure and was met with mixed reviews. However, Pompeo’s performance was appreciated and the critics felt that she deserved an Academy Award for this role.
- She appeared in the biographical crime film ‘Catch Me If You Can’ in 2002. Directed by Steven Spielberg, the film starred Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks in lead roles. The movie was based on the life of the infamous con-man named Frank Abagnale. The film was a commercial success and also received positive reviews. It earned several awards and nominations as well.
- In 2003, Ellen Pompeo appeared in the American comedy film ‘Old School’ in an important role. The film was a huge commercial success and was met with mixed reviews. She next appeared in the superhero film ‘Daredevil’ which was based on the popular Marvel superhero of the same name. The film did well commercially. The same year, she also appeared in the psychological thriller ‘Undermined’.
- In 2004, she appeared in the film ‘Art Heist’ in the lead role. She also played a cameo role in the superhero film ‘Spider-Man 2’. In 2005, she was seen in the movie ‘Life of the Party’.
- Ellen Pompeo is also active on television. In 2005, she started portraying the role of Dr. Meredith Grey, the lead character in the TV series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. The role has earned her international popularity and has also made her one of the highest-paid TV actresses worldwide. She has also directed one episode and has been serving as a producer since 2017.
- In 2017, she voiced the character of Willow in one episode of ‘Doc McStuffins,’ an animated children’s television series. The following year, she appeared as a special guest in ‘Station 19,’ an action-drama TV series.
- Pompeo renewed her contract for Grey’s Anatomy in January 2018, agreeing for two more seasons; she became the highest-paid actress in a television drama series, earning more than $20 million a year with the new deal.
Does Ellen Pompeo win the awards?
Ellen Pompeo has been nominated for several awards and has won many awards in her career. Some of her notable honors are listed below:
- She received the ‘Satellite Award’ for Best Actress (2007) and three ‘People’s Choice Awards’ for Favorite TV Drama Actress (2013, 2015, and 2016) for her role in ‘Grey’s Anatomy’.
- In 2015, she received the Taormina Arte Award at the Taormina Film Festival.
- She was ranked fourth in the list of Forbes magazine’s list of highest-paid TV actresses in 2015.
Who is the husband of Ellen Pompeo?
Ellen Pompeo’s personal life details are well-known factors in her life. She is a married person and has been married to her husband Chris Ivery. They met at a grocery store in Los Angeles in 2003. They began dating and got married in the year 2007 and the relationship of the couple has been getting along pretty well ever since.
The wedding took place among friends and family. She has two children with him. Their first child is Stell and she was born in 2009. Their second daughter is named Sienna and she was born in the year 2014 with help from a surrogate mother. On the 29th of December 2016, it was made known that they had welcomed their third child, a child christened Eli Christopher. The entire family is doing pretty well as of now.
Further, Ellen suffers from several allergies and asthma. So, She follows a healthy lifestyle, meditates twice a day for 20 minutes each, and does so inside her trailer in between takes as well.
How much is Ellen Pompeo’s net worth?
Ellen Pompeo’s net worth is $40 million at present. She has earned a huge amount of salary from her career. Her salary in 2019 is $20 million as per the online sources.
Her endeavors in Grey’s Anatomy has basically led her to attain such a huge amount of money. She has a yearly salary that ranges in a million dollars and has been hugely appreciated for the acting skills she has portrayed and the changes she has brought to the people of the industry.
Ellen Pompeo can be followed on social networking sites and is hugely liked and respected by her fans around the world.
How tall is Ellen Pompeo?
Observing her body statistics, Ellen has a height of 5 feet 7 inches. Her body weighs 57kg. She has light brown hair and green eyes. Her body measurements are 36-26-36 inches. Her dress size is 6 (US), shoe size is 9 (US) and bra size is 34B.