Facts of Emre Can
|Full Name:||Emre Can|
|Age:||28 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||January 12, 1994|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Emre Can|
A German-born professional central midfielder player is Emre Can. He has played in the English Premier League, Bundesliga, and Serie A. He also plays for the National Team of Germany. He is a great versatile player where he has played defensive midfielder, central back, and full back. He has several club titles while playing for Bayern Munich and Juventus. He is currently playing for the German club Borussia Dortmund. As of 2020, he has appeared in the 25 international games for Germany and has scored a goal. As of June 2020, he has appeared in 303 games for different clubs and scored 28 goals.
What is Emre Can famous for?
- Current Midfielder for Borussia Dortmund.
- Previously played for the world’s best teams like Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Bayer Leverkusen, Juventus.
- Versatile player of Liverpool where he showed his ability to play in several roles in both defense and midfield.
- Won Bundesliga, Champions League, DFB-Pokal, DFL-Supercup with Bayern Munich.
- Won Serie A, Supercoppa Italiana with Juventus.
- Won FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 for Germany.
Early Life Nationality
A German-born Professional footballer was born on January 12, 1994, in Frankfurt, Germany. Emre Can is his birth name. Life and soul is the meaning of his name. He is a citizen of German and holds German nationality. There is no information about his parents, it’s just said that his parents were from Turkey and he is from Turkish ancestry. He comes from the Turkish refugee family which had a low-class upbringing by his parents. They left Turkey for Germany to get a better life for their children. It’s been said that he has a brother and a sister but no information about them is available. His ethnicity is Turkish-German which is both a European country. He is Muslim by his religion and he is Capricornus by zodiac sign.
He is pretty much connected with his fans through his social media accounts. He has big fan followers.
Twitter: Emre and has 114.1K followers
Facebook: Emre and has 955K followers.
Instagram: He does not have an Instagram account.
Emre Can Career Timeline
- At the age of six, Can join local side SV Blau-Gelb Frankfurt and remain until 2006, he has joined the youth of Eintracht Frankfurt, he used to play midfield for the academy.
- In 2009 he was signed by Bayern Munich and start residing in Bavaria. He used to play center back during his first year and his first debut team in 2012 DFL Supercup.
- He made his Bundesliga debut in April 2013. He has played two seasons 2011-12 and 2012-13 for Bayern Munich II and he has appeared in 31 games and scored 3 goals and he promoted to play Bundesliga with professional players. He played one season for Bayern Munich in 2012-2013 and appeared in 7 games with one goal.
- He has also played English league cup for Bayern Munich same season and appeared in 2 games with no goals.
- His first and only league goal for the club came on 27 April 2013 in a 1-0 home win over SC Freiburg.
- Though he played very few games, he was part of Bayern Munich that won the 2012-13 Bundesliga, Champions League, DFB-Pokal, and (2012) DFL-Supercup.
- He signed a four-year deal with Bayer Leverkusen in August 2013 to pursue his career. He scored against FC Augsburg and defeat by 2-1 on October 26.
- He made his Champions League debut against Manchester United at Old Trafford but lost by 4-2. He has appeared in 39 games on that season for Bayer Leverkusen and scored 4 goals with 4 assists.
- His defensive capacity was keenly watched by English club Liverpool was interest on Can play for them and finally, on June 5, 2014, Bayer Leverkusen confirmed that Can would join Liverpool after the Merseyside club activated his Euro 12 million as a transfer fee and the transfer process was completed on 3 July 2014.
- His first game for Liverpool came on 25 August 2014 against Manchester City. He came on in as a substitute for Joe Allen in a 3-1 loss. He was injured in September 2014 and took a rest for six weeks. He has appeared in 40 games and scored one goal in his debut season.
- He scored a goal against Rubin Kazan in the UEFA Europa League in October 2015 and was his first goal of the 2015-16 season. He has also scored first premier league against Aston Villa on 14 February 2016 even though he plays center back and full back. He was praised by Klopp for his improvement and became a key cog in Liverpool’s midfield. In the season of 2015-16, he has appeared in 49 games and scored 2 goals.
- On October 29, 2016, he scored his first goal of the season against Crystal Palace and won by 4-2. He scored another goal to Watford and took the Liverpool into the 1st position in the Premier League for the first time under Jurgen Klopp.
- He won the BBC Goal of the season and Carling Goal of the Season awards when he scored by an overhead kick in a 1-0 in over Watford. He has appeared in 40 games in that season and scored 5 goals and 5 assist.
- He scored against Hoffenheim in Champions League and win by 4-2 and win on aggregate by 6-3 on 23 August 2017 and was his first goal for Liverpool in the new season. He played a brilliant tackling and good defensive game which praise his performance during Liverpool’s 4-0 win over Arsenal on August 27, 2017.
- While playing with Watford on 17 March 2018, he suffered a muscle injury in his back and it was reported that he should take rest for the rest of the season’s game. He appeared in 37 games in that season and scored 6 goals.
- On 8 June 2018, it was confirmed by Liverpool via their official website that Can, along with Jon Flanagan and several youth players, would leave the club upon the expiry of their contracts, on 1 July 2018.
- Though he did not win any club titles with Liverpool, he was part of the team that finished runner up in the 2015-16 Europa League and the 2017-18 Champions League.
- Can signed a four year deal with Serie A great club Juventus following the expiration of his contract with Liverpool. The club paid Euro 16 million for his transfer as additional costs for his services. Can become the tenth German player who joined Juventus.
- He made his Serie A debut on 18 August, coming on as a substitute in a 3–2 away win against Chievo Verona. On 21 January 2019, Can scored his first goal for the club in a 3–0 home victory over the same opponents. He appeared in 37 games for Juventus and scored 4 goals.
- At the beginning of the 2019–20 season, Juventus’s new manager Maurizio Sarri left Can and Mario Mandžukic out of the club’s Champions League squad for the group stage of the competition. He appeared in 8 games in that season for Juventus with no goals.
- With Juventus, he won 2018-19 Serie A and 2018 Supercoppa Italiana.
- On 31 January 2020, Borussia Dortmund announced Can’s signing on loan until the end of the 2019–20 season, with an obligation to buy.
- The deal was later made permanent for a four-year contract for Euro 25 million, with the loan expiring at the end of the 2019-20 season.
- He made his debut game for Dortmund on scoring goal against Bayer Leverkusen. He has appeared in 15 games for Dortmund and scored 2 goals.
- Due to his Turkish ancestry, Can was eligible to play for the Turkey national football team, but he stated he “likes playing for Germany very much, and wants to make it in the DFB.
- He represented Germany U15, U16, U17, U19, and U21 teams. He was part of the Germany Under-17 team that finished runner-up in the 2017-18 UEFA European U17 Championship and third place in the FIFA U17 World Cup.
- He made his senior team debut on 4 September in the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifiers. He played only a game (semi-final against France) in the UEFA Euro 2016.
- He was part of the German squad which won the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup in Russia.
- He scored his debut senior international goal on 8 October 2017 against Azerbaijan.
- He was not included in the Germany squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2011
- Liverpool Young Player of the Season: 2015–16
- UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season: 2015–16
- Liverpool Goal of the Season: 2016–17
- BBC Goal of the Season: 2016–17
- Premier League Goal of the Season: 2016–17
- Bundesliga Goal of the Month: February 2020
Who is Emre Can Married to?
Emre Can is unmarried but in a long term relationship. His sexual orientation is straight. His cute and beautiful girlfriend’s name is Marai Cataleya. They have been dating for several years. They recently posted a picture of the two sharing a kiss in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris as per the daily star newspaper.
How tall is Emre Can?
Emre Can have an athletic body as he is a professional football player, he maintains his body properly with proper exercise and proper food. He is 1.84 m (6 feet) tall and weighs 82 kg (181 lbs). He has an athletic body build. His hair color is Black and Dark Brown is his eye color.
What is the Net worth of Emre Can?
He is a professional football player who has played for the world’s biggest top-rated football clubs; Bayern Munich, English Club Liverpool, and Italian Club Juventus. His primary income source is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. His salary at Borussia Dortmund is reported at €6 million. His estimated net worth as of 2020 is approx. €50 million.