Facts of Frank Gore
|Full Name:||Frank Gore|
|Age:||39 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||May 14, 1983|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Frank Gore|
Franklin Gore famed as Frank Gore is a famous American football running back. At present, he is playing for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). On 6th May 2020, he signed a one-year deal with the New York Jets. On 24th November 2019, he surpassed Barry Sanders for the #3 spot on the all-time rushing yards list with 15,289 yards and also he became the fourth player to have rushed for over 15,000 yards in 2019. Whereas, he played college football for the University of Miami and was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft, playing with them from 2005 to 2014. His jersey number is 20.
Frank Gore signing with Jets
The New York Jets agreed to terms Tuesday with running back Frank Gore on a one-year contract, agent Drew Rosenhaus told. Jets quarterback Sam Darnold also praised Gore during a video conference with reporters Tuesday. This will be Gore’s 16th season. He played last year for the Buffalo Bills, finishing with 599 rushing yards and 3.6 yards per carrying both career lows. He passed Barry Sanders on the career rushing list, ending the year with 15,347 yards, and trails only Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton. Bell is entering the second year of a four-year, $52.5 million contract, including a fully guaranteed $13.5 million in 2020. He counts $15.5 million toward the salary cap, second-highest on the team to linebacker C.J. Mosley.
- Being the running back for New York Jets.
- For becoming the fourth player to have rushed for over 15,000 yards as of 2019.
What is the birthplace of Frank Gore?
On 14th May 1983, Frank Gore was born with the birth name/real name of Franklin Gore. His birthplace/hometown is in Miami, Florida, the USA. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity/race is black. He grew up in Coconut Grove, Florida. He was born to his parents; Frank Gore Sr. and his mother whose name is unknown yet. He followed in his father’s footsteps and plays running back. His father, Gore Sr. did not plan for his son to end up playing football, remarking: “Whatever he wants to do, he’s going to do it; not because I played ball, he has to play ball. Me seeing him when he was a little kid playing outside with his bigger cousins, I knew he was going to play football. But if he doesn’t want to play, as long as he gets his grades and does something positive with his life, I’m okay with it.” He is the cousin of football brothers Jason Frierson (wide receiver), Shaquille Cooper (running back), Shakur Cooper (linebacker), and Gilbert Frierson (defensive back), all of whom also attended Coral Gables High School in the Coconut Grove neighborhood of Miami. He attended Coral Gables High School, where he excelled as a running back on the football team. He had the scholarship to attend the University of Miami under new head coach Larry Coker. His religion is Christian and his star sign is Taurus.
How was Frank Gore’s College Career?
- Frank Gore made his collegiate debut against the Penn State Nittany Lions where he had six carries for 15 yards in the 33-7 victory over the Nittany Lions.
- He had a breakout game against the West Virginia Mountaineers with six carries for 124 yards and two touchdowns in the 45-3 victory on 25th October.
- He recorded his first collegiate receptions, which went for 14 yards in the 38-0 victory.
- As a true freshman for Miami Hurricanes football, he totaled 562 yards with five touchdowns on 62 carries, for a 9.1-yard avg, as a backup to Clinton Portis on Miami’s 2001 National championship-winning team in the year 2001.
- He suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee before spring practice in 2002.
- He returned from his injury in the 2003 season.
- On 2nd October, he played in his final game of the 2003 season against the West Virginia Mountaineers and had four carries for 15 yards before tearing his ACL again, which ended his season.
- He finished the 2003 season with 89 carries for 468 rushing yards and four rushing touchdowns to go along with 12 receptions for 105 receiving yards.
How was Frank Gore’s Professional Career?
- He was selected in the third round with the 65th overall pick of the 2005 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers.
- He signed a three-year contract with the team on 28th July 2005 and played in 14 games, starting one, in the 2005 season.
- Following the season, he had major surgery on both shoulders.
- He became the first player in franchise history to lead the NFC in rushing yards where he set a franchise record with 2,180 combined yards (1,695 yards rushing and 485 yards receiving), breaking Hearst’s single-season record of 2,105 total yards (1,570 rushing and 535 receiving) set in 1998. His total placed him second in the NFC to Steven Jackson (1,528 rushing and 806 receiving, 2,334 total) and fourth overall in the entire NFL.
- On 28th March 2007, he signed a contract extension through 2011 estimated to be worth $28 million over four years.
- He finished the 2007 season with 1,102 rushing yards and 436 receiving yards as the 49ers finished with a 5-11 record.
- He began the 2008 season against the Arizona Cardinals with 96 rushing yards on only 14 carries and finished with 1,036 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns to go along with 43 receptions for 373 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- He entered the 2009 season under the guidance of new running back coach Tom Rathman.
- He was named a first alternate for the 2009 Pro Bowl.
- On 20th January 2010, Steven Jackson announced he would not be playing in the Pro Bowl because of injury, so Gore was named to the 2010 Pro Bowl in his spot, the second of his career.
- He finished the 2010 season with 853 rushing yards and three rushing touchdowns to go along with 46 receptions for 452 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- He was ranked 94th by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2011.
- He agreed to a three-year extension, worth $25.9 million, on 30th August 2011 and the extension kept Gore with the San Francisco 49ers through the 2014 season.
- In the first three games of the season, he did not perform well, rushing for 148 yards on 59 carries for only one rushing touchdown.
- He managed to finish the season on a high note, with a three-game winning streak, including one against the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he rushed 65 yards and a touchdown.
- He was ranked 28th by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2012.
- He began the 2012 season against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field with 112 yards as the 49ers won by a score of 30-22.
- He was ranked 32nd by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2013.
- His 2013 season got off to a slow start, only rushing for 60 yards in the first two weeks of the season against the Green Bay Packers and the Seattle Seahawks.
- In 2013, he had three 100-yard games and finished with 1,128 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns on 279 carries.
- He was ranked 46th by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2014.
- He became the 29th player to reach the 10,000 career rushing yard mark in the first game of the season, with 66 yards in the 28-17 victory over the Dallas Cowboys in his 2014 season.
- He finished the season with 255 carries, 1,106 rushing yards, and four touchdowns, and became the 20th player in NFL history to rush for 11,000 career rushing yards, moving up from 29th place on the all-time rushing yards leaderboard at the start of the season.
- He signed a three-year, $12 million contract with the Indianapolis Colts on 10th March 2015.
- He enjoyed a respectable season, but 2015 marked the first season that Gore played all 16 games and did not record at least 1,000 rushing yards.
- He finished the 2016 season with 1,025 rushing yards and eight touchdowns which marked the ninth time Gore rushed for 1,000 yards in his career.
- He rushed for 46 yards and his first rushing touchdown of the 2017 season, moving him into the top 25 all-time for career rushing touchdowns.
- He became the fifth player in NFL history to amass 14,000 rushing yards in his career, joining Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Curtis Martin.
- On 1st March 2018, the Colts announced that they would not re-sign him which allowed him to become a free agent at the start of the new league year.
- He signed a one-year contract, worth $1,105,000, with the Miami Dolphins on 22nd March 2018.
- In Week 15, he suffered a sprained foot against the Minnesota Vikings and was ruled out for the rest of the season. Overall, he finished with 722 rushing yards on 156 carries.
- The 2018 season was the first time in his career he did not record a rushing touchdown.
- He signed a one-year, $2 million contract with the Buffalo Bills on 13th March 2019 and had 19 carries for 68 rushing yards and his first rushing touchdown since Week 12 of the 2017 season in the 28-14 victory over the New York Giants in Week 2.
- He finished the 2019 season with 599 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns to go along with 13 receptions for 100 receiving yards.
- Recently, he signed a one-year deal with the New York Jets on 6th May 2020.
Awards and Achievements of Frank Gore
Frank Gore is an American football running back for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). He is the 49ers all-time leader in rushing yards. In his NFL career, he has had nine 1,000-rushing-yard seasons and five Pro Bowl selections. In 2012, Gore helped lead the 49ers to Super Bowl XLVII, although they would lose to the Baltimore Ravens. In 2011, Gore became the 49ers career rushing yards leader. In 2014, Gore became the 29th player to have rushed for over 10,000 yards. His awards and achievements include:
- 5× Pro Bowl (2006, 2009, 2011-2013)
- Second-team All-Pro (2006)
- NFL 2010s All-Decade Team
- Art Rooney Award (2016)
- BCS national champion (2001)
- Third-most rushing yards in NFL history (2019)
What is the Net Worth of Frank Gore?
Frank Gore is an American football running back for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). The net worth of this famous footballer is estimated to have $10 Million as of 2020 whereas his exact salary is under review. Recently, he signed a one-year deal with the New York Jets on 6th May 2020. Previously, he signed a one-year, $2 million contract with the Buffalo Bills. He signed a one-year contract, worth $1,105,000, with the Miami Dolphins on 22nd March 2018. He signed a three-year, $12 million contract with the Indianapolis Colts on 10th March 2015. His major source of earning is from his football career and he is satisfied with his earnings and he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings. There is no information regarding his cars and house.
Who is Frank Gore Dating?
Frank Gore is not married yet and he is still to get married. But he is not single as well. He is dating his girlfriend, Drick Parrish. The duo is enjoying their life a lot without any kind of disturbances and they are planning to get married soon. He is straight by sexual orientation and he is living a happy life at present.
How tall is Frank Gore?
Frank Gore is a very handsome person. His body build is athletic. He stands tall at the height of five feet nine inches or 1.75 m with a balanced bodyweight of 96 Kg or 212 lbs. He has got a very charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him. His other body measurements such as biceps size, hip size, waist size, and more are unknown yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body.