Fred Hoiberg is an American professional basketball coach, as well as a former player.
Facts of Fred Hoiberg
|Full Name:||Fred Hoiberg|
|Age:||50 years 5 months|
|Birth Date:||October 15, 1972|
|Birth Place:||Lincoln, Nebraska|
|Children:||four (Paige, Jack, Charlie, Sam)|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Eric Hoiberg|
|Mother's Name:||Karen Hoiberg|
|Education:||Lowa State College|
|Height / How tall :||6.4 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Fred Hoiberg|
An American professional basketball coach, as well as a former player, is named as Fredrick Kristian Hoiberg. He is popularly named as Fred Hoiberg. Recently, he served as the head coach for the Chicago Bulls of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Also, he has served as the men’s basketball head coach for Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. He is a multi-talented athlete, was the quarterback of the football team and the captain of the basketball team at Ames High School in Ames, Iowa.
Gossips and Rumors
Bulls part ways with coach Fred Hoiberg. The skidding Chicago Bulls fired coach Fred Hoiberg on Monday and promoted associate head coach Jim Boylen in hopes of lifting the team from the bottom of the standings. Chicago is averaging 103.4 points – 28th in the NBA – and is getting outscored by 9.6 per game. Hoiberg, who had to deal with a veteran roster that didn’t fit his style early on and then injuries to key players starting in training camp, never found his footing in Chicago. It added up to a 115-155 mark with one playoff appearance in three-plus seasons – 5-19 this year. The only teams with worse records were Cleveland and Phoenix. He was replaced by longtime assistant coach Jim Boylen, who will not be given the interim tag, but rather the chance to finish the year and earn the full-time job.
- Being the coach for Chicago Bulls.
Early Life of Fred
Fred Hoiberg was born on 15th October 1972 with the birth name of Fredrick Kristian Hoiberg. He was born to Eric and Karen Hoiberg. His father was an Iowa State sociology professor and his mother was an elementary school teacher. As of 2018, he is 46 years old. He was born in Lincoln, Nebraska. His nationality is American. His zodiac sign is Libra. His ethnicity is White.
Regarding his education, he attended Ames High School and later attended Lowa State College.
Body Features of Fred
Fred Hoiberg has got an athletic body. He has a very strong and muscular body. With his charming smile, he attracts a lot of people towards him. He stands 1.93 m tall or 6 ft 4 in. He has a balanced and healthy weight of 92 Kg or 203 lb. His other body measurement will be updated very soon.
Career of Fred
- Fred started his career from his High School where he was the quarterback of the football team and the captain of the basketball team at Ames High School in Ames, Iowa.
- In the year 1991, he led his basketball team to a state championship and he was also honored as the State of Iowa’s “Mr. Basketball” that year.
- Later, he played for Iowa State Cyclones for three seasons.
- In the year 1995, he was a First-Team All-Big Eight selection.
- He was known as an all-around player, capable of making clutch shots in important situations in his college.
- He joined Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity while he was in college.
- The National Federation of State High School Associations announced in the year 2012 that he was elected to the National High School Hall of Fame.
- He was selected 52nd overall by the Indiana Pacers in the 1995 NBA draft.
- After four years, he signed as a free agent with the Chicago Bulls.
- On 28th July 2003, he signed as a free agent to play for the Timberwolves.
- He also became the first player in NBA history to lead the league in three-point shooting percentage and not be invited to the three-point shooting competition in that season’s All-Star event in the year 2005.
- In June 2005, he underwent surgery to correct an enlarged aortic root and the operation was successful.
- He announced his retirement from basketball to take a job in the Timberwolves front office on 17th April 2006.
- Iowa State University announced that Hoiberg would take over as a head basketball coach, replacing Greg McDermott on 27th April 2010.
- Also, he became the school’s 19th men’s basketball coach.
- Hoiberg won his first official game against Northern Arizona, 78-64, on November 12, 2010, while his first Big 12 victory came against Baylor, 72-57, on January 15, 2011, in Hilton Coliseum.
- He signed a 10-year contract extension with Iowa State worth $20 million in April 2013.
- On 31st December 2014, he became the fastest coach in Iowa State history to notch 100 wins (in 148 games).
- Later, the Chicago Bulls hired Hoiberg as head coach under a 5-year contract worth $25 million on 2nd June 2015.
- In March 2017, ESPN ranked Hoiberg as the worst head coach in the league.
Affairs of Fred
Fred Hoiberg is a married person. He was married to Carol Hoiberg. He met his future wife, Carol Sarah McGee in Ames High School and they have been together since then. The couple is living a happy life together and there is no any sign of separation between them. The couple is also blessed with 4 lovely children named Paige, Jack (born March 11, 1999), twins: Charlie and Sam (March 21, 2003).
Net Worth of Fred
Fred Hoiberg is an American basketball coach and former professional basketball player and executive who has a net worth of $9 million. He is making an impressive amount of net worth and hopes his net worth be $15 Million as of 2019. His exact salary has not been revealed yet and will be updated soon. But there is no doubt in the mind of his follower that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his work.