Facts of Gabrielle Union
|Full Name:||Gabrielle Union|
|Age:||50 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||October 29, 1972|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Gabrielle Union|
One of the American actress, activist, and author is Gabrielle Monique Union who is well known as Gabrielle Union. In 1990, she began her career at television series ‘Sitcoms’.
Union’s Early Life
Gabrielle Union’s full name is Gabrielle Monique Union. She was born on 29 October 1972 at Omaha, Nebraska, the U.S. Her mother name is Theresa Union who is a phone company manager and social worker. Her father name is Sylvester E. Union who is a military sergeant. She attended Foothill High School.
At the age of 19 in 1992, she was raped by the robber when she had the part-time job at Payless shoe store. Later she successfully sued Payless for its negligence.
Union’s Body Features
Union’s height is 1.71 m and weight is 57 kg. She has dark brown color eyes and black color hair. She has the slim body type. She has the balanced and healthy body.
- She started her career in the minor role. She was in ‘Saved by the Bell’. She also appeared in movies such as ‘10 Things I Hate About You’, ‘She’s All That’ and ‘Love & Basketball’.
- In 2003, she played the role in ‘Bad Boys II’.
- In 2005, she starred in the remake of ‘Honeymooners’.
- In 2006, she starred in the music video titled as ‘I Love My Chick’.
- In 2007, she starred in the film named ‘Daddy’s Little Girl’.
- She appeared in the ABC series ‘Flash Forward’.
- She appeared in episodes of ‘Army Wives’ and ‘NTSF:SD: SUV’.
- In 2013, she began starring in the BET network show ‘Being Mary Jane’.
- In November 2015, she began voicing in the Disney movie and series ‘The Lion Guard’.
- In October 2016, she featured in the film ‘The Birth of Nation’.
- In 2017, she launched ‘Flawless by Gabrielle Union’ which is a line of hair-care products. She also collaborated with Invita Watches that include the watches she designed.
- In April 2017, she announced her first book titled ‘We’re Going to Need More Wine’.
- In 2019, she is set to reprise the role from ‘Bad Boys 2’ and in the spin-off television series ‘L.A. Finest’.
- She is the spokesperson for ‘Neutrogena’.
- She is an ambassador for the nail polish company named ‘SensatioNail’.
- She launched the clothing line for a plus-sized woman named ‘Love and Blessing’.
- She also released her first wine named ‘Vanilla Puddin’.
- In 2001, she won Black Reel Awards for ‘Best Supporting Actress’.
- In 2001, she won Young Hollywood Awards for ‘One to Watch Female’.
- In 2003, she won American Black Film Festival Award for ‘Rising Star Award’.
- In 2004, she won BET Comedy Awards for ‘Outstanding Lead Actress in a Box Office Movie’.
- In 2006, she won Palm Beach International Film Festival Award for ‘Best Actress’.
- In 2009, she won Black Reel Awards for ‘Best Ensemble’.
- In 2014, she won NAACP Image Awards for ‘Outstanding Actress in a Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special’.
Union’s Personal Life
The union is married. Before in high school, she dated Jason Kidd. She also dated Ludacris. In 1999 she married to Chris Howard but in 2006 they got divorced. From 2006 to 2007, she dated Darren Sharper. In 2009, she dated Dwyane Wade who is the basketball player. But in 2013, they split. Later in 2013, she gave birth to Xavier and on 30 August 2014, she married him.
Union’s net worth is estimated to be $16 million.