Facts of George Stephanopoulos
|Full Name:||George Stephanopoulos|
|Age:||61 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||February 10, 1961|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of George Stephanopoulos|
Gеоrgе Ѕtерhаnороulоѕ іѕ аn Аmеrісаn роlіtісаl соmmеntаtоr, аѕ wеll аѕ а јоurnаlіѕt whо wаѕ оnсе nоt оnlу а роlіtісаl ореrаtіvе but аlѕо аn аdvіѕоr. Рrеѕеntlу, hе ѕеrvеѕ оn thе АВС Nеwѕ аѕ bоth thе сhіеf роlіtісаl соrrеѕроndеnt аnd аnсhоr. Оthеr ѕhоwѕ hе hоѕtѕ іnсludе Тhіѕ Wееk, Gооd Моrnіng Аmеrіса аnd АВС Wоrld Nеwѕ Тоnіght. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is George Stephanopoulos famous for?
- An American television host, liberal political commentator, and former Democratic adviser.
When was George Stephanopoulos born?
Recalling his early life, George was born in Fall River, Massachusetts in River, Massachusetts in the year 1961. He was born to parents Nickolitsa Gloria and Robert George Stephanopoulos. His mother was the director of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America National News Service and his father is a Greek Orthodox priest. Similarly, he is of American nationality and belongs to the Greek ethnic background. Further, his birth sign is Aquarius and he is Christianity by religion.
Where is George Stephanopoulos educated?
Concerning her education, George went to Orange High School in Pepper Pike. Then, he attended Columbia University in New York and received a bachelor of arts degree in political science. Further, He also attended Balliol College at the University of Oxford. He also received an Honorary Doctor of Laws from St. John’s University in New York City.
Where does George Stephanopoulos work?
- Moving towards his career, George started his political career in 1988 when he worked on the Michael Dukakis U.S. presidential campaign. After the campaign, he served Dick Gephardt, U.S. House of Representatives Majority Leader for some time.
- He then became a leading member of Bill Clinton’s 1992 U.S. presidential campaign where he served as the de facto press secretary. After Clinton was re-elected in 1996, Stephanopoulos resigned from his administration.
- Following his departure from the White House, he became a political analyst for ABC News. While there, he served as a correspondent on World News Tonight; This Week, ABC’s Sunday morning public affairs program; and Good Morning America, along with other various special broadcasts.
- In 2008, he launched a blog titled George’s ‘Bottom Line’ on the network’s website.
- On January 10, 2010, he announced his departure from This Week as the permanent host. However, after her successor Christiane Amanpour departed the show, he returned as the host in December 2011.
- On January 7th, 2012, He was the co-moderator of debate among Mitt Romney, Ron Paul, and Rick Santorum. During the debate, he repeatedly asked Romney whether the former Massachusetts governor believes the U.S. Supreme Court should overturn a 1965 ruling that a constitutional right to privacy bars states from banning contraception.
- Following Diane Sawyer’s departure from World News at the end of August 2014, he became the Chief Anchor at ABC News while retaining his current roles on GMA and This Week. He is now the lead anchor for coverage of breaking news and major special events.
- Presently, he was one of the substitute anchors for Sawyer on nights when she was away on assignment or unavailable.
Who is George Stephanopoulos married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, George is married to actress, comedian, and writer named Alexandra Wentworth. The pair married on 20th November 2001. They have two daughters together, Elliott Anastasia Stephanopoulos and Harper Andrea Stephanopoulos.
On 1st April 2020, he revealed on Instagram that he and his better half, Alexandra Wentworth were diagnosed with the pandemic coronavirus. We hope for the couple’s quick recovery.
How much is George Stephanopoulos’s net worth?
Being a political commentator and TV correspondent, George earns an impressive amount of money and fame through this article. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $50 million and her salary is somewhere around $15 million at present.
He also donated $25,000 in 2012, 2013, and 2014, a total of $75,000, to the Clinton Foundation, but did not disclose the donations to ABC News, his employer, or his viewers.
How tall is George Stephanopoulos?
Observing her body statistics, George stands a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 65 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of dark brown eyes and blonde hair color. Further, his body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.