Facts of Ghislaine Maxwell
|Full Name:||Ghislaine Maxwell|
|Age:||60 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||December 25, 1961|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Ghislaine Maxwell|
Ghislaine Maxwell is a British socialite who is known as the youngest child of publishing tycoon and fraudster, Robert Maxwell. Born in a high standard family, Maxwell later came in highlights after she was accused of sex trafficking with late sex-offender Jeffrey Epstein which she repeatedly denied all the time. She was primarily sued for forcing minors to have sex with Jeffrey and other high-profile clients.
In 2012, Maxwell founded the ocean-advocacy group, “The TerraMar Project” which was however closed on July 12, 2019. On March 12, 2020, she filed a lawsuit in Superior Court in the U.S. Virgin Islands against Epstein’s estate seeking compensation for her legal fees.
What is Ghislaine Maxwell Famous for?
- Famous as the youngest child of publishing tycoon and fraudster, Robert Maxwell.
- Known for her involvement with late sex-offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Where was Ghislaine Maxwell Born?
Ghislaine Maxwell was born on December 25, 1961, in Maisons-Laffitte, France. Her birth name is Ghislaine Maxwell. Her nationality is British. Maxwell belongs to British-French ethnicity while Capricon is her zodiac sign.
Ghislaine Maxwell was born as the youngest child out of 9 in a high standard family to Ian Robert Maxwell(father) and Elisabeth Jenny Jeanne Maxwell(mother). Her mother, Elisabeth was a French-born researcher who even established the journal “Holocaust and Genocide Studies” in 1987, while her father, Robert was a Czechoslovak-born British media proprietor, also the publishing tycoon and fraudster.
Her father was from a Jewish family and her mother was of Huguenot descent. In November 1991, her father’s body was found floating in the sea near the Canary Islands and his luxury yacht the Lady Ghislaine.
Maxwell was born two days before a car accident left her older brother Michael in a prolonged coma at age 15. The accident had an effect on the entire family including Ghislaine who even became anorexic while she was a toddler. She was raised along with her 8 older siblings including Christine Maxwell(sister), Isabel Maxwell(sister), Kevin Maxwell(brother), Ian Maxwell(brother), and Michael Maxwell who died in 1967 when Ghislaine was just 6.
She grew up playing and residing in a 53-room mansion with her family in Oxford at Headington Hill Hall. Maxwell had an unusually close relationship with her father and was widely credited with being her father’s favorite child as well.
Maxwell attended Marlborough College and then got transferred to Balliol College, Oxford. After graduation, she even joined the University of Oxford to complete her studies. Besides, Maxwell was a prominent member of the London social scene in the 1980s.
Where is Ghislaine Maxwell Now?
- Ghislaine Maxwell even served as a director of Oxford United Football Club, during her father, Robert’s ownership. She also founded a women’s club named after the original Kit-Cat Club.
- Maxwell also worked at “The European”, a publication that her father, Robert had founded.
- In 1986, Ghislaine was honored with the name Lady Ghislaine organized by her father in his new yacht in a shipyard in Holland.
- Maxwell also worked as her father’s emissary in his newly purchased publication, “The New York Daily News”.
- Ghislaine flew to Tenerife, after the death of her father in November 1991, where the yacht once named after her, “Lady Ghislaine” was stationed, to attend to his business paperwork.
- She then moved to New York, the United States where she worked at a real estate office on Madison Avenue and also worked with Ivana Trump and Adnan Khashoggi’s son. Within a short time, she established herself as a prominent New York City socialite.
- In 2012, Maxwell founded the ocean-advocacy group, “The TerraMar Project”, a nonprofit organization, however, they announced the closure on July 12, 2019.
- On March 12, 2020, she filed a lawsuit in Superior Court in the U.S. Virgin Islands against Epstein’s estate seeking compensation for her legal fees.
Is Ghislaine Maxwell Married?
Ghislaine Maxwell first met American financier Jeffrey Epstein in the early 1990s at a New York. She shared a romantic relationship with Epstein for several years whom Epstein used to refer to as his best friend and his main girlfriend. However, after dating several years, Epstein and Maxwell stopped seeing each other after Epstein was convicted of soliciting a minor for prostitution in 2008 where he served 13 months of an 18-month jail sentence.
However, Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his Manhattan jail cell, and the cause of death was ruled a suicide. Since then, Ghislaine Maxwell has largely disappeared from public life.
Maxwell then was romantically linked for several years to Ted Waitt, founder of Gateway computers. She even attended the wedding of Chelsea Clinton in 2010 as Waitt’s guest. However, their relation also didn’t last long as they broke up in late 2010.
In 2019, it was reported that Maxwell was living in the home of Scott Borgerson, the CEO of CargoMetrics, in Massachusetts. They were also said to have been in a romantic relationship for several years. Later, in 2019, Maxwell was allegedly photographed at a fast-food restaurant in Los Angeles and didn’t appear at public events for several months.
Besides, Maxwell has a good friendship bond with Prince Andrew, Duke of York, the second son of Queen Elizabeth II, and also has been seen with Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, and lawyer Alan Dershowitz.
How Much is Ghislaine Maxwell Worth?
Ghislaine Maxwell has quite a good net worth which is all supported by the funds of her later father, Robert Maxwell. As reportedly, Maxwell receives an £80,000 annual legacy from a trust set up by her father. Her 7,000-square-foot townhouse bought in $4.95 million where she lived for years was later sold in $15 million worth.
With all of her fortune, Maxwell has an estimated net worth of around $20 million.
How Tall is Ghislaine Maxwell?
Ghislaine Maxwell is a beautiful lady in her late 50s. Maxwell has a well maintained slim body physique with her brown eyes and black hair. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 4inch while her body weighs around 62kg.