Gunnar Nelson is an Icelandic mixed martial artist currently competing in the Welterweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Mixed Martial Artist
Facts of Gunnar Nelson
|Full Name:||Gunnar Nelson|
|Age:||34 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||July 28, 1988|
|Birth Place:||Akureyri, Iceland|
|Net Worth:||$1 M|
|Profession:||Mixed Martial Artist|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Haraldur Dean Nelson|
|Mother's Name:||Guorun Hulda Gunnarsdottir Nelson|
|Height / How tall :||0 feet 5 inches (0.13m)|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Gunnar Nelson|
An Icelandic mixed martial artist currently competing in the Welterweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship is named as Gunnar Luovik Nelson. He is famed as Gunner Nelson. He is a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, which was awarded by Renzo Gracie after impressive results at the 2009 IBJJF Pan-Ams and the 2009 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship. As of September 27, 2018, he is the #14 ranked contender in the official UFC welterweight rankings. He is a very talented martial artist.
- Being ranked #14 contender in the official UFC welterweight ranking in September 2018.
Gossips and Rumors
Gunnar Nelson submits Alex Oliveira after opening horrific cut with elbow at UFC 231. The Icelandic welterweight announced his return to the world on Saturday night at UFC 231, when he got into a dogfight with a game Alex Oliveira. Nelson used nasty elbows to set Oliveira up for the winning rear-naked choke. Gunnar Nelson’s victory over Alex Oliveira was not for the squeamish. That’s because, thanks to a couple well placed elbows by Nelson (17-3-1 MMA, 8-3 UFC), Oliveira (19-6-1 MMA, 9-4 UFC) was split open wide late in the second round, which only made him more vulnerable to the rear-naked choke that soon followed, forcing the tap at the 4:17 mark of Round 2. The welterweight bout was part of the main card of today’s UFC 231 event at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Early Life of Gunner
Gunnar Nelson was born on 28th July 1988, in Akureyri, Iceland to Guorun Hulda Gunnarsdottir Nelson and Haraldur Dean Nelson, his parents. He is Icelandic by nationality and is of Anglo-American and Icelandic descent. His star sign is Leo. He was raised in the Reykjavik alongside his sister Maria Dogg Nelson. During his childhood, he took his interests in football and ice hockey but at age of 13, he started training for Goju-Ryu-Karate.
Regarding his education, there is no any information about his academic qualification.
Body Features of Gunner
Gunner has a very strong and muscular body with a tall height. He has a height of 5 ft 11 in. He has a very balanced and healthy weight of 77 Kg. With his charming smile, he attracts a lot of people towards him. His other body measurement will be updated soon.
Career of Gunner
- From the year 2006, he began grappling and also he received his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) blue belt from Matt Thornton of Straight Blast Gym International.
- On 5th May 2007, he made his pro-MMA debut in a fight against John Olesen at Adrenaline Sports tournament.
- The bout ended in round three resulting draw.
- He also won gold at the 2009 Pan American Championship along with gold and silver in the 2009 Pan American Championship.
- Before signing to UFC, he had 9 more fights, recording all wins.
- In late 2012, he signed a multi-fight agreement with the UFC.
- In July 2012, he signed a multi-fight deal with UFC, becoming the first fighter from Iceland to fight for the company.
- On 29th September 2012, he made his UFC debut at UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic where he defeated DaMarques Johnson.
- Similarly, he went on to win three consecutive bouts against Jorge Santiago, Omari Akhmedov, and Zak Cummings.
- On 4th October 2014, he faced loss against Rick Story at UFC Fight Night: Nelson vs. Story.
He next faced Brandon Thatch at UFC 189 and successfully defeated Thatch via rear-naked choke submission.
- At UFC 76, he was defeated by Demian Maia on 24th October 2015.
- He faced Albert Tumenov on May 8, 2016, at UFC Fight Night 87.
- He faced Alan Jouban on March 18, 2017, at UFC Fight Night 107.
- He was expected to face Neil Magny on May 27, 2018, at UFC Fight Night 130 but it was reported on April 28, 2018, that he was pulled from the event due to a knee injury.
- He is scheduled to face Alex Oliveira on December 8, 2018, at UFC 231.
Affairs of Gunner
Gunnar Nelson is an unmarried person and he is still to get married. But he is currently in a relationship with his girlfriend Fransiska Bjork. The couple seems to be dating since 2017. The couple is enjoying their life a lot and they share their pictures through social media. They are living a happy life together and there is no any sign of separation between them.
Net Worth of Gunner
Gunner’s net worth is surely in million as he is one of the very popular fighters. His total career disclosed earning is reported to be $1,556,000. As of 2018, his net worth is estimated at over $1 million. With a tremendous net worth, he is living a lavish lifestyle and enjoying his life a lot. He is a successful person in his private life as well as in his professional life.