Known for being the first actress of African-American descent to be nominated for an Academy Award.
Facts of Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas
|Full Name:||Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas|
|Birth Date:||September 02, 1943|
|Death Date:||January 01, 1970|
|Birth Place:||Los Angeles, California|
|Married Date:||September 06, 1942|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Harold Nicholas|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas|
Who is Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas?
Numerous non-superstars have been compared to huge celebrities because they have family members who are big names. Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas was one of them, and she was well known as the daughter of entertainer Dorothy Dandridge and American artist Harold Lloyd Nicholas.
How old is Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas? Birth, Zodiac, Lucky Stone, Lucky Color
As of 2022, Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas is 79 years old. Nicholas was born on September 2, 1943, died in 2003, in Los Angeles, California. The zodiac sign of Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas is a Virgo by birth. Her lucky color is blue, and her lucky stone is ruby.
Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair color
Even though the media is unaware of her physical measurements, including shoe and dress sizes. Her eyes are dark brown, and her hair is black.
Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas: Nationality, Ethnicity, Parents, Siblings
She is the daughter of well-known African-American actress Dorothy Dandridge and tap dancer Harold Nicholas. She was of African-American descent and was born in Los Angeles, California. Doctors determined Harolyn was mentally challenged as a result of brain injury when she was born. Harolyn’s condition prevented her from pursuing a job. The celebrity daughter’s aunts were Dorothy Nicholas Morrow and Vivian Dandridge, an American vocalist. Ruby Dandridge and Cyril Dandridge are her mother’s grandparents, and Viola Harden and Ulysses Domonick Nicholas are her father’s grandparents.
Education Details: University, School, Graduation
Her academic credentials are now being kept secret from the public.
Relationship Status: Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas is Married?
Dorothy Jean Dandridge and Harold Nicholas married on September 6, 1942. Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas, the couple’s only child, was born on September 2, 1943. As a result of brain damage acquired during birth, their daughter was mentally challenged. Unfortunately, the couple split in October 1951, after nine years of marriage.
Her mother, Dorothy Denison, married Jack Denison on June 22, 1959, following their divorce. Her second marriage, however, did not last, and she divorced her second husband in 1962. Following that, she began a four-year relationship with director Otto Preminger. In contrast, Harold married film producer Rigmor Newman. They dated for several years before breaking up in 2000.
Her Mother’s Death
Dorothy Jean Dandridge, Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas’ mother, died under strange circumstances in West Hollywood, California. Her death was caused by a heroin overdose on September 8, 1965.
Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas’s funeral was held at the Little Chapel of the Flowers on September 12, 1965. Her ashes were placed in the Freedom Mausoleum at Forest Lawn Cemetery. Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas is the name of Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas’ mother.
Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas’ mother, Dorothy Jean Dandridge, was an African-American actress, dancer, and singer. In 1954, she became the first African-American actress to receive an Oscar nomination for Best Actress for her portrayal in the film “Carmen Jones.”
Professional Career and Achievements
- Dorothy Jean Dandridge’s career began at a young age. Her mother used to perform ‘The Wonder Children,’ a song and dance with her sister Vivian Dandridge and daughter Dorothy. Dorothy visited the southern United States, playing in churches and schools acts written by their mother.
- They were eventually called “The Dandridge Sisters” and have performed at numerous music events and performances for several years, including the exclusive “Cotton Club” in Harlem, New York. They also performed at Harlem’s Apollo Theater, a prominent venue for African-American performers.
- Dorothy made her film debut in the short comedy picture ‘Teacher’s Beau’ on April 27, 1935. She appeared in several films while a member of the ‘Dandridge Sisters,’ including ‘It Can’t Last Forever (1937), ‘A Day at the Races’ (1937), and ‘Going Places’ (1937). (1938).
- She also landed the role of Helen Fielding in William Beaudine’s 1940 picture ‘Four Shall Die.’ Dorothy participated in a series of soundies, including ‘Jig in the Jungle,’ ‘Cow, Cow Boogie,’ and ‘Paper Doll,’ which displayed her talent as an artist in acting and singing.
How much does Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas earn? Net worth
For the time being, her net worth is unclear.
Social Media Profile
She is not currently active on any social media platforms.
- 1 Who is Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas?
- 2 How old is Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas? Birth, Zodiac, Lucky Stone, Lucky Color
- 3 Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair color
- 4 Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas: Nationality, Ethnicity, Parents, Siblings
- 5 Education Details: University, School, Graduation
- 6 Relationship Status: Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas is Married?
- 7 Professional Career and Achievements
- 8 How much does Harolyn Suzanne Nicholas earn? Net worth
- 9 Social Media Profile