Facts of Harry Connick Jr
|Full Name:||Harry Connick Jr|
|Age:||56 years 2 months|
|Birth Date:||September 11, 1967|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Harry Connick Jr|
Наrrу Соnnісk Јr. іѕ а Grаmmу-wіnnіng Аmеrісаn ѕіngеr, muѕісіаn, асtоr, rеаlіtу ѕhоw јudgе аnd tаlk ѕhоw hоѕt. Ніѕ рорulаrіtу аnd ѕuссеѕѕ аѕ аn ассоmрlіѕhеd muѕісіаn саn bе арtlу gаugеd thrоugh hіѕ rесоrd-brеаkіng аlbum ѕаlеѕ, hіѕ multірlе Grаmmу nоmіnаtіоnѕ аnd thе fасt thаt hе іѕ реrhарѕ, thе оnlу UЅ јаzz аrtіѕt tо hаvе thе hіghеѕt numbеr оf nо. 1 аlbumѕ tо hіѕ сrеdіt. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Harry Connick Jr famous for?
- An American singer, composer, actor, and television host.
- His role as Leo Markus in the TV series Will & Grace (2002-06).
Where is Harry Connick Jr from?
Recalling his early life, Harry was born as Joseph Harry Fowler Connick Jr. in New Orleans, Louisiana, the United States in the year 1967. He is of American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Similarly, He is the son of a Jewish mother Anita Frances, and an Irish-English father Harry Connick, Sr. His mother was a lawyer and judge and his father was the District Attorney of Orleans Parish from 1973 to 2003. Also, he has a sister named Suzanna Connick.
Where is Harry Connick Jr educated?
Concerning his education details, Harry attended Jesuit High School and went to Hunter College. Later, he enrolled at New Orleans for Creative Arts and Manhattan School of Music to learn music.
When did Harry Connick Jr begin his music career?
- Moving towards his career, Harry provided the soundtrack to Rob Reiner’s 1989 romantic comedy, “When Harry Met Sally”. It included “It Had to Be You”, “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off” and “Don’t Get Around Much Anymore”.
- He wrote and arranged the songs for “Blue Light, Red Light”, his third consecutive multi-platinum album, released in October 1991. He starred in “Little Man Tate” directed by Jodie Foster.
- His 1993 “When My Heart Finds Christmas” went multi-platinum, and was one of the bestselling Christmas albums in the US. He composed “A Wink and a Smile” to the “Sleepless in Seattle” soundtrack.
- In 1994, he released “She”, an album of New Orleans funk that also went platinum. He also released the song, “(I Could Only) Whisper Your Name”, for the soundtrack of the movie, “The Mask”.
- The film “Copycat” was released in 1995 in which Connick plays a serial killer. A year later, his second funk album, “Star Turtle”, was released. He also appeared in the blockbuster movie, “Independence Day”.
- His 1997 album, “To See You”, consisted of original love songs. He toured the US and Europe and played at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Oslo. He also starred in “Excess Baggage”.
- His first leading role was in the movie, “Hope Floats” in 1998. The next year, he released the album, “Come By Me”, and set out on a world tour.
- In 2005, he appeared in “A Concert for Hurricane Relief”, in support of victims of Hurricane Katrina. He was made honorary chair of Habitat for Humanity’s Operation Home Delivery, a plan to rebuild homes.
- His third album on Piano series was “Chanson du Vieux Carre”. He received two Grammy nominations for the track “Ash Wednesday”. His third Christmas album, “What a Night!” was released in November 2008.
- In 2009, he starred in “New in Town” opposite Renee Zellweger, and in the Broadway revival of “On a Clear Day You Can See Forever”. His album, “Your Songs”, was collaborated with Clive Davis.
- He appeared as a mentor on American Idol Season 9, Season 12 and Season 13. He performed “Every Man Should Know”, the title track from his latest album.
- On June 11th, 2013, He released a new album of all-original music titled Every Man Should Know. He debuted the title track live on May 2nd, 2013 episode of American Idol and appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show the following week to discuss his new project.
- A one-hour weekday daytime talk show both starring and named Harry debuted on September 12th, 2016.
- On October 25th, 2019 he released a new album of Cole Porter compositions rearranged by Connick himself from Porter’s The Great American Songbook including “Anything Goes” and “You Do Something To Me.”
Who is Harry Connick Jr married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Harry was married to Jill Goodacre. The couple began dating each other back in the 1990s. After having an affair for a few years, they got married on April 16th, 1994. Together, the couple blessed three daughters named Georgia Tatum Connick, Sarah Kate Connick, and Charlotte Connick. They have been married for 22 years now and they are still living a happily married life. Their married relationship is still going very well and there is no sign of divorce at all. Presently, the pair live blissfully with their children in New Orleans, Louisiana with his family.
How much is Harry Connick Jr worth?
Being a musician by profession, Harry earns a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the music industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $45 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Harry Connick Jr?
Observing his body statistics, Harry stands a height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs around 78 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of blue eyes and dark brown hair color. Further, his body measures around 38-33-14 inches including his chest, waist, and biceps sizes.