Facts of Honor Blackman
|Full Name:||Honor Blackman|
|Age:||97 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||August 22, 1925|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Honor Blackman|
Honor Blackman was an English actress, who was widely known for his role as Bond girl Pussy Galore in the James Bond series; spy film, “Goldfinger” in 1964. Blackman was also known for her role as Cathy Gale in a television program, “The Avengers”. Blackman became the epitome of female heroism on screen with her appearance in several heroic movies. Blackman died at the age of 94 from natural causes on April 5, 2020, at her home in Lewes.
What is Honor Blackman Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Pussy Galore in the James Bond series “Goldfinger”.
Where was Honor Blackman Born?
Honor Blackman was born on August 22, 1925, in Plaistow, Essex, England. Her birth name was Honor Blackman. Her nationality was American. Blackman belonged to White ethnicity while Leo was her zodiac sign.
Honor Blackman was born in a well-to-do family to Edith Eliza(mother) and Frederick Blackman(father). Her father was a civil service statistician. She grew up along with her three siblings and was more closer to his 17 months elder brother, Ken. Honor even protected him from bullies at school.
Blackman completed her primary education from North Ealing Primary School. She then attended Ealing County Grammar School for Girls where she was the captain of games.
When she turned 15, her parents gave her acting lessons and then she began her training at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1940. While attending the Guildhall School, Blackman worked as a clerical assistant for the Home Office and also joined the civil service, to earn money for her drama school’s fees.
After she got graduated, she was an understudy in the West End play, “The Guinea Pig”. When she was 22, she appeared in the Patrick Hastings play, “The Blind Goddess” at the Apollo Theatre in 1947.
How was Honor Blackman’s Career?
- Honor Blackman made her film debut playing a nonspeaking part in the drama film, “Fame Is the Spur”(1947). Following her debut, she signed a 2-year contract with “The Rank Organisation”.
- In the late 1940s, she appeared in several other films including “Quartet”(1948), “A Boy, A Girl, and A Bike”(1949), “Diamond City”(1949), “So Long at the Fair”(1950), and “Jason and the Argonauts”(1963).
- Blackman then appeared as Mrs. Lucas in the film adaptation, “A Night to Remember”(1958) and as Leslie Cartland in the comedy film, “The Square Peg”(1958).
- In 1959, Blackman earned the role of Irish Cope in the first-ever hour-long TV series, “Probation Officer”.
- The same year, she started acting on television with the role of “Nicole” in the television series, “The Four Just Men”.
- She got her first-ever breakout career after she appeared as Cathy Gale in the ITV crime drama series, “The Avengers” in 1961.
- Following her success, Blackman was cast opposite Sean Connery in the James Bond films.
- In 1964, she got another successful hit with her appearance as Bond girl Pussy Galore in a spy film, “Goldfinger”. The film earned her more recognition and she was even named as British TV’s first action heroine.
- The same year, she made a debut in singing by recording the song, “Kinky Boots” along with The Avengers co-star Patrick Macnee. After then, she recorded a full album of songs titled “Everything I’ve Got”.
- In 1968, Blackman appeared opposite John Neville and Hylda Baker in the musical play” Mr & Mrs”.
- In February 1979, she starred in Stephen Barry’s production of Tom Stoppard’s Night and Day at the Perth Playhouse.
- In 1983 she sang as Juno in “Orpheus in the Underworld” and even released her last single, “The Star Who Fell from Grace” in 2009.
- In 1990, she appeared as Laura West on the television sitcom, “The Upper Hand”. She remained in the sitcom for 6 years until 1996.
- In 2011, she appeared as Anahita in the Doctor Who audio drama “The Children of Seth”.
Who was Honor Blackman Married to?
Honor Blackman got married twice throughout her entire life. Blackman first got married to Bill Sankey in 1948. Living together for around 8 years, the couple got divorced and hadn’t any children. After 5 years of divorce, she got married to British actor Maurice Kaufmann.
Honor and Maurice got married in 1961 and even appeared together in the slasher film, “Fright”(1971). The couple adopted two children, Lottie (1967) and Barnaby (1968). However, the couple got divorced in 1975.
After the divorce, she didn’t marry and remained single. Her ex-husband, Maurice died from cancer, aged 70 in 1997. On April 5, 2020, she died at her home in Lewes, from natural cause at the age of 94.
What was the Net Worth of Honor Blackman?
The 94 years old Honor Blackman had quite a great earnings from her professional career as an actress. Working in the entertainment field for more than 6 decades, she had managed to amass a great fortune worth million dollars from her several movies and TV series.
Her estimated net worth at the time of her death was $14 million. Blackman even had owned a million worth summer house in Islesboro, Maine, United States.
How Tall was Honor Blackman?
Honor Blackman was a beautiful lady in her at the time of her death. Blackman had an average body physique of measurement of 32-23-36 inches. She had a height of 5ft. 5inches(1.67 m) while she had a body-weight of 56kg(125 lbs).
She had a fair complexion with blonde hair and blue eyes.