An Australian professional rugby league footballer who plays for Catalans Dragons is named for Israel Folau.
Rugby League Footballer
Facts of Israel Folau
|Full Name:||Israel Folau|
|Age:||34 years 2 months|
|Birth Date:||April 03, 1989|
|Birth Place:||Minto, Australia|
|Net Worth:||$7 million|
|Profession:||Rugby League Footballer|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Israel Folau|
An Australian professional rugby league footballer who plays for Catalans Dragons is named Israel Folau. Previously, Israel Folau played Australian rules football and rugby union. In 2019, he became the record holder for most tries scored in Super Rugby history.
His statements about what he understands the Bible to say about same-sex marriage and homosexuality brought him into conflict with the administrators of Rugby Australia, and in 2019 they terminated his contract. Israel Folau was one of the highest-paid rugby players until the controversial statements on same-sex marriage got his contract terminated. He commenced proceedings in the Fair Work Commission but was unable to settle with Rugby Australia; he subsequently commenced proceedings in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia and a confidential settlement between the two parties was released on 4th December 2019. Overall, he is a very talented person.
Bio, Age, Parents, Nationality
Israel Folau was born on April 3, 1989, in Minto, New South Wales, Australia. His race is White and his nationality is Australian. He turned 34 in 2023 and celebrated with his friends and family. Eni and Amelia, Tongan parents, gave birth to him. Before his family moved to Brisbane, Queensland in 2004.
He attended Lurnea Public School and Westfields Sports High School for his education. Folau attended Marsden State High School in Brisbane, where he was picked for the Queensland Schoolboys squad in the Australian Under-15 Championships in 2006 and also played for the Australian Schoolboys team. He has five brothers and sisters, as well as a niece. John Folau, who is also a rugby union player, is his older brother. He follows the Christian faith.
Quick Facts About Israel Folau
|Celebrated Name||Israel Folau|
|Age||33 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Israel Folau|
|Profession||Rugby League Footballer|
|Place Of Birth||New South Wales|
|School||Lurnea Public School|
|High School||Westfields Sports High School|
Israel Folau: Career, Net Worth 2023
The net worth of this famous rugby player is estimated to have $7 Million as of 2023 whereas his exact salary is under review but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a good amount of money from his career. His major source of earnings is from his rugby career and as of now, he is satisfied with his earnings.
- Folau made his NRL debut when he was seventeen years old, in the 2007 season.
- He was appointed as a replacement on the right wing for injured Steve Turner, which came earlier than his coach Craig Bellamy had planned.
- He made his Storm debut against the Wests Tigers in the team’s first match of the 2007 NRL season, becoming the club’s youngest player ever.
- Folau ended the regular season with 21 tries and 5 goals for 94 career points after 26 games.
- In his rookie season, he broke several clubs and NRL records, the most prestigious of which was teammate Billy Slater’s previous NRL record for most tries in a debut season.
- He rounded off an outstanding first season in the NRL by winning the 2007 Dally M Rookie of the Year Award and becoming a member of the Melbourne Storm’s powerful 2007 premiership team, which only lost three games all year.
- Folau was named in the Australian test team to face New Zealand on October 14, 2007, after Brisbane Broncos center Justin Hodges suffered an ankle injury.
- Folau was named on the wing in Australia’s starting squad for Centenary Australia vs. New Zealand test after seven rounds of the 2008 season, contributing a try in the Kangaroos’ 28-12 victory.
- He was then named to the Queensland State of Origin Team’s starting lineup as a winger for Game 1 of the 2008 Series.
- He made his Queensland debut at ANZ Stadium Sydney on May 21, 2008.
- In Queensland’s 16-10 victory over NSW, he scored two leaping tries and was named Man of the Match.
- Folau signed a contract with the Brisbane Broncos for the 2009 NRL season on March 30, 2008.
- Folau was selected to play for the Kangaroos in the 2008 Rugby League World Cup in October 2008.
- He was named Rookie of the Year by the Rugby League International Federation in 2008.
- He was a big acquisition for the Broncos at a time when many key players, including coach Wayne Bennett, were departing.
- In round one of the 2009 season, he made his Brisbane Broncos debut, scoring the team’s first try in a 19-18 victory over the North Queensland Cowboys.
- On May 8, 2009, he was picked for Australia in a one-off test match against New Zealand.
- He was named in the preliminary 25-man squad to represent Queensland in the 2009 State of Origin series opener in April 2009.
- He also scored a try in Game 2 but was forced to miss Game 3 due to injury.
- He continued his try-scoring form with the Brisbane Broncos, scoring 17 tries in 16 games, but his rugby league career was cut short earlier than expected when the Brisbane Broncos failed to make the finals series for the first time in over a decade.
- He signed a one-year contract with the Catalans Dragons in January 2020.
Relationship Status of Israel Folau
Israel Folau is a married person. On 23rd October 2016, he announced his engagement to New Zealand netball player Maria Tutaia. They were married outdoors on a private estate in Kangaroo Valley, New South Wales on 15 November 2017. There is no further information regarding their children and more. At present, the duo is living a happy life without any disturbances.
Body Measurement – Height, Weight
Israel Folau is a dashing young man with a charming and appealing demeanor. He stands at six foot four inches tall and weighs 103 kilograms. His other body dimensions, such as biceps size, shoe size, and others, are currently unavailable. In general, he has a balanced body with an athletic physique.
FAQs of Israel Folau
How old is Israel Folau?
Where is Israel from?
Israel Folau is from Australia.
Is Israel Folau married?
He is married to Maria Tutaia.
Know More About Nick Cannon, Ashley Alexa, Bernice Burgos