Jamie Trevor Oliver MBE is a British chef and restaurateur. He is known for his approachable cuisine, which has led him to front numerous television shows and open many restaurants
Facts of Jamie Oliver
|Full Name:||Jamie Oliver|
|Age:||47 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||May 27, 1975|
|Birth Place:||Clavering, Essex, England|
|Married Date:||June 24, 2000|
|Children:||five(Poppy Honey Rosie, Daisy Boo Pamela, Petal Blossom Rainbow, Buddy Bear Maurice, and River Rocket Blue Dallas)|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Trevor Oliver|
|Mother's Name:||Sally Oliver|
|Education:||Westminster Technical College|
|Height / How tall :||5.10 inch|
|Ethnicity:||mixed(English and Cornish)|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Jamie Oliver|
What I've enjoyed most, though, is meeting people who have a real interest in food and sharing ideas with them. Good food is a global thing and I find that there is always something new and amazing to learn - I love it!
Stop being a vegan and start enjoying what you eat
The kitchen oven is reliable, but it's made us lazy
Jamie Trevor Oliver, professionally named Jamie Oliver a British Chef who achieved worldwide fame with his television shows the naked chef 1999 and Jamie Oliver’s food revolution and as the author of a number of cookbooks with a variety of culinary themes. Today, let’s discover the facts related to Jamie Oliver’s wiki, bio, career, and net worth.
What is Jamie Oliver Known For?
Jamie Oliver MBE is a British chef and restaurateur. He has fronted numerous television shows and has opened many restaurants. He was educated in London before joining Antonio Carluccio’s Neal Street restaurant as a pastry chef.
Where is Jamie Oliver Born?
Back to his early life, Jamie Oliver was born to Trevor and Sally, owners of a pub and restaurant called ‘The Cricketers’, where he began working at the age of 8. By the time he was 11, he could outdo the kitchen staff with his chopping skills.
In 1989, at the age of 14, Jamie formed the band, ‘Scarlet Division’ with composer and musician, Leigh Haggerwood.
Two years later, after an ordinary school life at Newport Free Grammar School, he joined Westminster Catering College and then, obtained a City and Guilds National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) in home economics.
When did Jamie Oliver pursue his career as a chef?
- Although he started his career as a pastry chef at Antonio Carluccio’s Neal’s Yard under his mentor Gennaro Contaldo, it was as a sous chef at ‘The River Cafe’ that Jamie Oliver was recognized and was catapulted onto a world cooking platform.
- His show, ‘The Naked Chef’ debuted on BBC Two on April 14, 1999, and ran for three seasons.
- In 2000, he launched ‘Pukka Tukka’ on Channel 4 and signed a $2-million deal with the UK supermarket chain Sainsbury’s. Although it made him richer by $1.2 million every year, the relationship soured due to his disdain for supermarkets.
- In 2002, his show, ‘Jamie’s Kitchen’, a documentary series, had a successful run. The show followed Jamie Oliver as he attempts to train a group of fifteen disadvantaged youth. The concept of the show included that those who complete the course will be offered jobs at Oliver’s new restaurant ‘Fifteen’. Out of the fifteen contestants, five managed to secure a job.
- In 2003, the four-part sequel to ‘Jamie’s Kitchen’, ‘Return to Jamie’s Kitchen’ was launched. He was voted the ‘Most Inspiring Political Figure’ for the ‘Feed Me Better’ campaign that worked toward cutting out junk food in the diets of British schoolchildren. The British Government pledged $280 million on school dinners.
- ‘Jamie’s Great Italian Escape’ was a six-part travelogue series released in 2005, wherein the chef traveled around Italy in a blue VW van and his personal experiences and adventures with cooking. The following year, ‘Jamie’s Kitchen Australia’ was aired in Australia.
- In June 2008, he launched ‘Jamie’s Italian’, a business venture in England, and followed it up with ‘Jamie’s Fowl Dinners’ the same year.
- ‘Jamie Saves Our Bacon’, which aired in 2009, drew the world’s attention to pig farming in the UK and EU. He followed that up with ‘Jamie’s American Road Trip’ and ‘Jamie’s Family Christmas’. Later that year, he raised $22 million to fund his Italian restaurants in Asia.
- ‘Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution’ aired in 2010, attempted to improve the eating habits of city residents. For the first season, Oliver visited Huntington, West Virginia, statistically one of the unhealthiest cities in the US. The show won an Emmy for Outstanding Reality Programme. For the second season to be aired in 2011, Oliver chose Los Angeles. However, his attempts to make changes in school meals in Los Angeles were rebuffed and he was barred from shooting there and the show was canceled.
- ‘Jamie’s 30-Minute Meals’ aired in 2010, focused on simple, home-cooked meals that could be assembled in 30 minutes.
- 2011 was a particularly hectic year for Oliver. He worked on ‘Jamie’s Dream School’, ‘Jamie’s Fish Supper’, ‘Jamie Cooks Summer’, and ‘Jamie’s Britain’.
- In 2012, he appeared on MasterChef Australia and scored higher than the three contestants he was up against. He also worked on ‘Jamie’s 15-Minute Meals’, ‘Jamie & Jimmy’s Food Fight Club’, and invested in the Maison Publique, Montreal.
- In 2013, he became the chef and proprietor of ‘Jamie Oliver’s Diner’.
- In September 2018, Oliver created a series of recipes and tips for Tesco and participated in the promotion of the company’s food products.
Does Jamie Oliver honor the awards?
Although Jamie Oliver is an excellent chef, his most notable awards come from his charity and contribution to humanity:
- In 2003, he has bestowed the Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE) at the Queen’s birthday honors.
- He received an award for Most Inspiring Political Figure in 2005.
- He received the 2010 TED prize.
- Jamie Oliver is listed as one of the wealthiest Britons under 30.
To whom Jamie Oliver was married?
In July 2000, Jamie Oliver married Juliette Norton. They have five children and are known for their creative ways of naming them. They are Poppy Honey Rosie, Daisy Boo Pamela, Petal Blossom Rainbow, Buddy Bear Maurice, and River Rocket.
Jamie Oliver has a severe case of Dyslexia. He read his first novel, Suzanne Collins’ Catching Fire, in 2013. He has written about 23 books since his first book Something For the Weekend. Some of them include The Naked Chef, Jamie’s America, and his most recent, Jamie Oliver’s Christmas cookbook.
How much is Jamie Oliver’s net worth?
Jamie Oliver has maintained a net worth of about $ 400 million at present which shows his popularity and his hard work. His salary is around £9 million in dividends. His updated bio and all information relating to his TV shows and his personal matter are updated in Wiki.
How tall is Jamie Oliver?
Observing his body statistics, Oliver stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches, and his weight is unknown. As his weight, his other body information is yet to be disclosed. in the case of disclosure, we will let you know.