Facts of Jason Segel
|Full Name:||Jason Segel|
|Age:||42 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||January 18, 1980|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Jason Segel|
Јаѕоn Ѕеgеl іѕ аn асtоr, рrоduсеr, dіrесtоr, аuthоr, аnd ѕсrееnwrіtеr frоm thе Unіtеd Ѕtаtеѕ оf Аmеrіса. He appeared in a few other television projects and ventured into films as well. His already flourishing career took a turn for the better when he was offered a part in ‘How I Met Your Mother’ which made him one of the most recognized stars in American television. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Jason Segel famous for?
- An American actor, comedian, screenwriter, singer, and producer.
- His role as Marshall Eriksen in the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother, as well as for his work with producer Judd Apatow on the television series Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared.
When is Jason Segel from?
Recalling his early life, Jason was born in Los Angeles, California to his parents, Alvin Segel and Jillian Segel in the year 1980. His father was a lawyer and his mother was a homemaker. He has one brother and one sister named Adam Segel and Alison Segel.
Similarly, he is of American nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. His birth sign is Capricorn and he is Christianity by religion. For education, he went to Hebrew school and also attended St. Matthew’s Parish School. Later, he enrolled at Harvard-Westlake School where he played basketball and got a named Dr. Dunk after won a slam dunk contest in high school.
When did Jason Segel begin his acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Jason debuted on the acting scene at the age of 18 after he landed a role on Freaks ad Greeks, a 1980s high school dramatic comedy. The show also featured James Franco, Seth Rogen, and Linda Cardellini.
- Even though Freaks and Geeks ran for only one season (1999-2000), it made him a popular face. Then, he went on to create the sitcom Undeclared as a follow-up to Freaks and Geeks It was aired on Fox during the 2001-02 season.
- He was offered the role of Marshall Eriksen, the best friend of the protagonist in the television sitcom How I Met Your Mother in 2005. He proved to be very popular in this role and endeared himself to his fans with his goofy antics. The show became highly successful and ran for nine seasons before winding up in 2014.
- In 2008 he wrote and starred in the romantic comedy-drama film Forgetting Sarah Marshall which was co-produced by Segel’s longtime collaborator Judd Apatow. The film received positive reviews from critics and was a huge hit at the box office.
- As an actor, Segel is quite famous for his roles in romantic comedies, and he lived up to his reputation with the 2009 film, I Love You, Man. He portrayed a man who is about to get married but has no best friend to be the best man at his wedding. The film was both a critical as well as commercial success.
- The year 2010 was a very busy one for him. He appeared in the comedy Get Him to the Greek and also wrote most of the soundtrack’s music. The same year he voiced Gru’s arch-rival Vector in the Universal’s CGI animated film, Despicable Me, and appeared as Horatio in a fantasy comedy film Gulliver’s Travels.
- He was involved with several projects in 2011 as well. He acted in the comedy Bad Teacher which also starred Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake.
- Later the same year, he helped revive the Muppets film franchise with the musical comedy The Muppets which he co-wrote and produced.
- In 2015, he portrayed noted writer David Foster Wallace in the drama film The End of the Tour. The film, which was based on a memoir by David Lipsky, received widespread acclaim from critics and was honored in numerous “Best of 2015″ lists, including The New York Times and ‘Vanity Fair.
- In 2017, He and Miller released their first young adult novel, Otherworld.
- He created and starred in the American drama television series, Dispatches from Elsewhere that premiered on March 1st, 2020, on AMC.
Who is Jason Segel married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Jason has never been married. However, he was known to have been in several high profile relationships. He was romantically linked to actress Lind Cardellini in 2001. The pair dated for six long years before parting ways in 2007.
Then, he was romantically linked to Lindsay Lohan, Michelle Ryan, and Chloe Sevigny in 2009. After that, he dated Michelle Williams (2012-13) and Bojana Novakovic (2013-14).
Currently, he is in a relationship with photographer Alexis Mixter. The pair began dating in the 2014 t date. Presently, the pair live blissfully and there are no such rumors found that elaborated they were separate.
How much is Jason Segel’s net worth?
Being an actor and author, Jason earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sources, his estimated net worth said to be $40 million at present. However, his salary is somewhere around $225 Thousand per episode. Further, his assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Jason Segel?
Observing his body statistics, Jason stands a height of 6 feet 4 inches and weighs around 92 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and lights brown hair color. Further, his body measures around 43-36-14 inches including his chest, waist, and biceps sizes. He used 13 (US) shoe size.