Jerry Jones is an American billionaire businessman and has been the owner of the National Football League (NFL).
Facts of Jerry Jones
|Full Name:||Jerry Jones|
|Age:||81 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||October 13, 1942|
|Birth Place:||California, United States|
|Net Worth:||$7 B|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Jerry Jones|
Jerral Wayne Jones famed as Jerry Jones is an American billionaire businessman and has been the owner of the National Football League (NFL)’s Dallas Cowboys since 1989.
His association with football commenced when he started playing as a ‘running back’ for his college team. He might not be the most popular person in the NFL, but he certainly is one of the most effective ones. Overall, he is a very talented person.
Jerry Jones: Extension for Dark Prescott ‘imminent’
Jerry Jones saw his franchise pass rusher get paid. Then he saw his starting middle linebacker and starting right tackle break the bank. Finally, with a week to go before the season, his running back smashed records with a deal of his own. After scorching the rival New York Giants in a season-opening 35-17 win, the Dallas Cowboys quarterback was not thinking about his outstanding contract negotiations, though. Prescott was already on to Washington. “I’m turning the page and I’m worried about the Washington Redskins. I have people that handle that,” Prescott told reporters, per The Athletic. “My focus is on this team. … That’s been out of my focus for the past week and I’ve told you guys that.” While Prescott was mum on his upcoming new deal, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was more bullish on securing the QB. The owner told reporters that an extension for Prescott was “imminent.” How imminent? We’re sure Dallas would like to agree to terms before Prescott ups his value with another 405-yard, four-touchdown, perfect-passer-rating performance, as he had Sunday. In holding off on extending Prescott, the Cowboys have also seen the value of the quarterback position go up and up. Russell Wilson, Carson Wentz, and Jared Goff all received extensions before the season, with Goff the most recent. The Rams quarterback earned $110 million guaranteed on his four-year, $134 million contracts this week. The way franchise quarterback contracts are being negotiated, Prescott’s deal will almost certainly exceed Goff’s in either average annual value or guaranteed money or both. After Sunday afternoon, few will doubt Dak isn’t worth it.
Early Life of Jerry
Jerry Jones was born on 13th October 1942 as Jerral Wayne Jones in Los Angeles, California, the USA. As of 2018, he celebrated his 76th birthday with his friends and families. He attended North Little Rock High School and later he went to Arkansas College. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. His religion is Christian. His family moved to North Little Rock, Arkansas in 1945. Jones’ father J.W. “Pat” Jones (1920-1997) and mother Armenita Pearl Clark Jones (1922-2012) married in 1941.
Body Measurements of Jerry
At the age of 76 years old, Jerry still looks very handsome with a charming smile on his lips attracting many followers towards him. His body build is slim. He has a perfect height matching with his body weight. He has a tall height of 6 ft 4 in. But his weight and other body measurements have not been revealed yet but it will be updated soon. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Career of Jerry
- After his graduation from the University of Arkansas in the year 1965, Jones worked as an ‘Executive Vice President’ at ‘Modern Security Life of Springfield’, an insurance company in Missouri owned by his father.
- In the year 1967, he got a chance to purchase the AFL team ‘San Diego Chargers’ but chose not to so that he could complete his master’s degree at Arkansas.
- In the year 1970, he earned a master’s degree in business and tried many business ventures, but success eluded him until he started an oil and gas exploration company in Oklahoma, which was hugely successful.
- Over the next two decades, his business expanded rapidly and he established offices all over the western USA and even in Canada.
- In the year 1989 of 25th February, he purchased the NFL team ‘Dallas Cowboys’ and their stadium in Texas for $140 million from the previous owner H.R. Bright.
- Prior to the purchase, the team was performing badly, with a 3-13 record until then.
- Immediately after the acquisition, he sacked the existing coach Tom Landry, much to the chagrin of the fans and replaced him with his friend and teammate from the college team, Jimmy Johnson.
- Even general manager Tex Schramm lasted for only a few months and was replaced by Jones himself.
- In the next few years, with Jones personally involved in the team’s every aspect, the team improved by leaps and bounds.
- In the year 1992, Jones was selected to the ‘NFL Competition Committee’, a position rarely offered to team owners.
- In the same year, the ‘Dallas Cowboys’ had an outstanding season as they not only set records for most wins in a season but also won the ‘Super Bowl’ in an emphatic fashion the next year by crushing ‘Buffalo Bills’ 52-17, ending a fifteen-year wait for the fans.
- In the 1993 season, the team continued its success streak as Jones led them to another ‘Super Bowl’ final, where they again prevailed over ‘Buffalo Bills’, defeating them 30-13 this time.
- The team also did great business under Jones.
- They were the ‘Most Valuable Franchise’ from 1993 to 1995 and for 160 consecutive matches, the stadiums hosting the team’s matches were sold-out.
- In the year 1994, he sacked Jimmy Johnson as the coach and replaced him with another former teammate from college, Barry Switzer.
- The team won the ‘Super Bowl’ again in 1996, which was followed by a relatively unsuccessful period.
- He changed coaches five times since then, but the Cowboys haven’t been able to repeat their heroics.
- In the year 2008, he rebuked referee Ed Hochuli in public related to a particular decision and was subsequently fined $25,000 by the NFL.
- In 2009, he disobeyed a gag order on Labor issues, for which he was again fined heavily.
- The 2018 NFL season was Jones’ 30th as Cowboys owner – more than the number of seasons as the combined tenures of his predecessors.
- He had a brief cameo appearance as himself in the 1998 made-for-television reunion movie Dallas: War of the Ewings.
- He also appeared as himself in a 1996 episode of the TV show Coach and in a 2007 television commercial for Diet Pepsi MAX.
- He appeared as himself in the seventh season of the HBO series Entourage in 2010, in an episode of the TNT incarnation of Dallas titled “Truth and Consequences”.
- He also appears in a 2013 Pepsi commercial, walking into an elevator filled with three men wearing New York Giants apparel, who look at him with discontent.
Awards and honors
- 1964 FWAA College Football National Championship (as a member of the Arkansas Razorbacks)
- Three-time Super Bowl champion – XXVII, XXVIII, XXX (as owner/president/GM of the Dallas Cowboys)
- 1993 Outstanding Team ESPY Award (as owner/president/GM of the Dallas Cowboys)
- 2014 NFL Executive of the Year
- 2010 NFF Gridiron Club of Dallas Distinguished Texan Award
- 2013 Horatio Alger Award
- Ducks Unlimited (Arkansas branch) Jerry Jones Sportsmans Award named in his honor
- Pro Football Hall of Fame (Class of 2017)
Marital Status, Wife, Children
Jones is a married person. He is married to Eugenia “Gene” Jones, and they have three children: Stephen, Charlotte, and Jerry, Jr. Stephen. Jerry Jones Jr. is the Cowboys’ chief sales and marketing officer/vice president. As of today, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances.
Net Worth of Jerry
The net worth of Jerry Jones is reported by Forbes to be $5 billion as of 2015. His net worth was estimated to have $7 Billion as of 2018. As of 2019, his accurate net worth and salary has not been revealed by any sources but it will be added soon once we get information regarding his earnings. Jerry Jones just bought himself one of the sickest yachts we’ve ever seen; 357 feet long with TWO helipads and a gym; and a reported price tag of $250 MILLION!!!! The ship is called “Bravo Eugenia” which the 76-year-old billionaire named after his wife, Gene Jones.