Facts of Jerry Seinfeld
|Full Name:||Jerry Seinfeld|
|Age:||69 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||April 29, 1954|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Jerry Seinfeld|
Jerry Seinfeld is an American comedian, actor, writer, producer, and director who is best known for playing a semi-fictionalized version of himself in the most acclaimed and popular sitcoms of all-time, “Seinfeld”. He is one of the very few comedians to have their own show which he ran for almost 25 years.
He is also the creator and host of the Netflix series, “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee”. Seinfield is undoubtedly one of the highest-paid comedians in the world with his net worth estimated to be a billion dollars. He was also named the “12th Greatest Stand-up Comedian of All Time” in 2005.
What is Jerry Seinfeld Famous for?
- Famous as a stand-up comedian in the popular sitcom of all-time, “Seinfield”.
Where was Jerry Seinfeld Born?
Jerry Seinfeld was born on April 29, 1954, in New York City, New York, United States. His birth name is Jerome Allen Seinfeld. His nationality is American. Seinfield belongs to White ethnicity while Taurus is his zodiac sign.
Jerry was born to a Hungarian-Jewish father, Kálmán Seinfeld(1918–1985) and Jews mother, Betty(1917–2014). Seinfeld grew up in Massapequa, New York, with his parents where he attended Massapequa High School on Long Island.
Later, he attended the State University of New York at Oswego, however, got transferred after his second year to Queens College, City University. He graduated from the university earning a bachelor’s degree in communications and theater.
Jerry even spent his time volunteering in Kibbutz Sa’ar in Israel when he was 16. He developed an interest in stand-up comedy after he did some brief stints in college productions. While attending Queens College, he appeared on open-mic nights at Budd Friedman’s Improv Club. Soon after his graduation in 1976, he gave an open-mic night show at New York City’s “Catch a Rising Star”.
Jerry Seinfeld’s Successful Career As A Comedian
- Jerry Seinfeld began his professional career after he got an appearance in a Rodney Dangerfield HBO special. In 1980, he had a small recurring role as Frankie on the sitcom, “Benson”.
- Seinfield got his first recognition after he appeared on “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson” in May 1981, which led to his regular re-appearance. He also made an appearance in “Late Night with David Letterman”.
- On September 5, 1987, he got his first one-hour special titled “Stand-Up Confidential” that aired live on HBO.
- In 1988, Seinfeld created “The Seinfeld Chronicles” that later renamed as “Seinfield” along with Larry David on NBC network. By its third season, it had become the most-watched sitcom on American television ever. The show ran for almost a decade with 9 seasons and over 180 episodes.
- In 1993, he published his book titled, “Seinlanguage” that later got listed on the New York Times Best Seller list. The same year, he appeared on the American late-night talk show, “The Larry Sanders Show” as himself which ran for almost 5 years till 1998.
- In 1997, he played himself in the American television situation comedy show, “NewsRadio”. A year later in 1998 he went on tour and recorded a comedy special, titled “I’m Telling You for the Last Time”.
- In 2000, he appeared as Comp-U-Comp in the animated television series, “Dilbert” that even won a Primetime Emmy Awards. He came up with his second children’s book titled “Halloween” in 2002.
- In 2004, he made a cameo appearance as himself in the improvised American comedy series, “Curb Your Enthusiasm”. He also appeared in two commercial webisodes promoting American Express, titled “The Adventures of Seinfeld & Superman”.
- In 2007, Seinfeld appeared at the 79th Academy Awards as the presenter for “Best Documentary”. The same year, he made a guest appearance as himself in the 30 Rock episode “SeinfeldVision”.
- He also played the voice role of Barry B. Benson in the computer-animated comedy film, “Bee Movie”.
- In September 2009, he became the first guest to make an appearance on the premiere episode of the talk show, “The Jay Leno Show”.
- In 2010, he became the executive producer for the TV reality show and panel game, “The Marriage Ref”.
- He made an appearance on, “The Daily Show”, “Head Case”, “Louie” and the HBO special “Talking Funny”.
- In 2012, Seinfeld started a Web series titled “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee”
- In 2013, he appeared on “Saturday Night Live”, also appeared on rapper Wale’s album “The Gifted”, on the song “Outro About Nothing”.
- Seinfeld signed a comedy deal with Netflix in January 2017 and on September 19, 2017, Netflix released the standup comedy special, “Jerry Before Seinfeld”.
- Seinfeld’s first original standup special in 22 years titled, “23 Hours to Kill” aired on Netflix on May 5, 2020.
Who is Jerry Seinfeld Married to?
Jerry Seinfeld is married to an author and philanthropist, Jessica Sklar. Seinfeld met Jessica in August 1998, at the Reebok Sports Club after which they began dating. Just 2 months before they met, in June 1998, she was married to Eric Nederlander, son of Robert Nederlander thus Nederlander filed for divorce in October 1998, only four months after marrying Jessica.
Seinfeld and Sklar got engaged in November 1999, and a month later, on December 25, 1999, the couple got married where comedian George Wallace was the best man at the wedding. The couple bought Billy Joel’s house in Amagansett, Long Island, for US$32 million, and has been living there since after. They are blessed with three children: a daughter Sascha(b. November 7, 2000), two sons Julian Kal(b. March 1, 2003), and Shepherd Kellen(b. August 22, 2005).
They also created the charity organization “The Good+ foundation” after their first child was born. GOOD+ Foundation has donated over $50M worth of items and Seinfeld himself has raised $1,766,000 for education, health, children’s benefit, Jewish organizations, and arts funding.
Years before when Seinfeld was in his early heights before “Seinfield” was created, he dated a fellow comedian, Carol Leifer who is also one of the inspirations for the Seinfeld character of Elaine. In fact, when Seinfeld was 38 years old, he had a four-year romantic relationship with high school student Shoshanna Lonstein, who was 17 years old when they began dating.
Besides, in 2008, he met with a car accident, after the brakes in his 1966 Fiat 500 failed, however, he wasn’t hurt.
How Tall is Jerry Seinfeld?
Jerry Seinfeld is a handsome man in his 60s. Seinfield has a maintained average body physique. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 11inch(1.80m) while his body weights around 79kg(175 lbs). Being a billionaire comedian, Seinfeld has been living quite a healthy and luxurious lifestyle in his 60s.
What is the Net Worth of Jerry Seinfeld?
Jerry Seinfeld has quite great earnings from his professional career as a comedian and actor. Working in this field for over 4 decades, he has easily managed to amass a multi-million worth fortune from his several shows especially the hit, “Seinfield” that has generated over $4 billion in revenue to date. Being ranked as one of the highest-paid comedians in the world, Seinfeld has an estimated net worth of around $1 billion. His annual income is around $69 million.
Seinfeld’s cumulative earnings from “Seinfeld” in 2004 were $267 million and his earnings from syndication deals and stand-up performances the same year was around $100 million, which placed him at the top of the celebrity earnings list that year. He also earned $10 million for appearing with Bill Gates in Microsoft’s 2008 advertisements for Windows.
Seinfeld is an automobile enthusiast and collector, as he owns a collection of about 150 cars, including a large Porsche collection. In 2002, Seinfeld purchased property on the Upper West Side of Manhattan in New York City where he built a $1.4 million two-story garage to store part of his Porsche collection on the East Coast.
He also owns the first and last air-cooled Porsche 911s produced. Being a noted coffee and espresso machine aficionado, Seinfeld owns multiples espresso machines, including the $17,000 Elektra Belle Epoque and also has his single-group Slayer machine, reported to cost upwards of $8,500.