Actor, Singer, and Producer
Facts of Joan Jett
|Full Name:||Joan Jett|
|Age:||64 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||September 22, 1958|
|Profession:||Actor, Singer, and Producer|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Joan Jett|
Joan Jett is an American rock singer, songwriter, composer, musician, record producer, and actress. She is a member of the rock group Joan Jett & the Blackhearts and was a founding member of the rock group The Runaways. She has been considered as The Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll, The Godmother of Punk, and The Original Riot Grrrl. Jett was the subject of a documentary, ‘Bad Reputation’. Gibson melody maker guitar is her trademark which she has played on all her hits since 1977.
She has 348k followers on her Instagram @joanjett.
What is Joan Jett Famous for?
- Being frontwomen of her band ‘Joan Jett & the Blackhearts.
- For her famous song ‘Cherry Bomb’.
Where is Joan Jett from?
Joan Jett was born on September 22, 1958, in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, USA. Her birth name is Joan Marie Larkin. She was born to her parents; James Francis Larkin (father) who worked as an insurance agent and Dorothy Jett Larkin (mother) who worked as a secretary. She was the eldest of the three children in her family. She has a brother named James Albert Larkin and a sister named Anne Elizabeth Larkin. Joan has completed her schooling from Randolph Junior High school and also studied at Wheaton High School. Joan holds an American nationality. She is Christian by religion and her Zodiac sign is Virgo.
How Joan Jett began her music/acting career?
- Talking about Joan Jett’s Professional career, Joan Jett started her musical career as a teenager, forming her first serious band, the Runaways with a few of her female friends. The band was fresh and unique in terms of what was popular in the mainstream music scene at that time.
- In 1976, the Runaways released their first self-titled album. The song “Cherry Bomb,” with its rebellious and raw edge, which Jett wrote with friend Kim Fowley, became hit.
- In the 70s, disco music had begun rocking everybody, while rock music had not yet found a solid voice. ‘The Runaways’ too did not taste success initially, as most people considered them to be amateur teenagers, screaming about sex, drugs, and rebellion.
- In 1977, the band released its sophomore effort, the album ‘Queens of Noise.’ While the album performed poorly in the United States, the Runaways received a warm welcome in Japan, scoring three gold records there.
- In 1979, Jett was in England and met Paul Cook and Steve Jones, former members of the groundbreaking rock band ‘Sex Pistols. She recorded three songs there with them.
- In 1981, ‘Joan Jett & the Blackhearts’ came into the existence after her collaboration with Kenny, and Joan’s debut album was re-released as ‘Bad Reputation’.
- In early 1982, the band released another album, ‘I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll’, which became a major hit.
- In 1993, Jett and Laguna released Flashback, a compilation of various songs on their own Blackheart Records.
- In 1987, She made her acting debut in 1987, co-starring with Gena Rowlands and Michael J. Fox in the Paul Schrader film ‘Light of Day’.
- In 1997, she appeared on the sitcom Ellen, in the episode “Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah”, performing the title song.
- Subsequently, she appeared in some movies and TV series like; By Hook or by Crook, Big Driver, Repo! The Genetic Opera.
- In 2004, Jett narrated a short film, Godly Boyish, about two teenagers who share suicidal fantasies.
- In 2013, She released her album, titled ‘Unvarnished’, which has been her last album to date.
Joan Jett’s Awards and Achievements
- In 2006, Joan received her first award for the Long Island Music Hall of Fame.
- She also achieved the Rolling Stone for the 100 greatest guitarists of all time and ranked 87.
- In 2012, she Nanci Alexander Activist Award for her work on behalf of animal welfare.
- In 2014, She also received AP Icon Award and Golden God Award in the same year.
- In 2015, She was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Who has Joan Jett dated?
Joan Jett is currently single. She has not married anyone. Despite, Joan Jett had been in relationships with Stephanie Adams (2003), Chuck Zito (2001), Pleasant Gehman (1977), Kira Roessler, and Lisa Curland. Joan Jett was rumored to have hooked up with Carmen Electra (2006 – 2007).
How tall is Joan Jett?
Joan Jett has a stunning and good-looking personality with Mesomorph body build. She stands at a height of 1.65 m (5 feet and 5 inches) and has a bodyweight of 56 Kg (1123 lbs). Her hair color is black and her eye color is light brown. Her shoe size is 8 (US) and she wears dress size 4(US).
How much is Joan Jett’s Net Worth as of 2020?
Joan Jett has achieved so many winnings and a special heart for the listeners. She also has achieved a lot of prestige and economic benefits in her career. As of 2020, her net worth is estimated to be $10 million. Her major source of wealth is from her music career.