Joseph Allen Maldonado-Passage (né Schreibvogel; born March 5, 1963), known professionally as Joe Exotic, is an American former zoo operator and convicted felon. The former owner and operator of the Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park (a.k.a. G. W.).
Facts of Joe Exotic
|Full Name:||Joe Exotic|
|Age:||59 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||March 14, 1963|
|Birth Place:||Kansas, the USA|
|Net Worth:||$1 to $10million|
|Father's Name:||Francis schreibvogel|
|Mother's Name:||Shirley Schreibvogel|
|Education:||Pilot Point High School|
|Height / How tall :||5 ft 11 inches|
|Lucky Color:||Sea Green|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Cancer, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Joe Exotic|
Joe Exotic whose birth name is Joseph Maldonado-Passage is a controversial former Oklahoma Wildlife Park Owner and big cat dealer who is serving a 22-year prison sentence for trying to hire two different people to kill Carole Baskin and for more than a dozen wildlife violations, including the killing of five tigers. Let’s know more about him through this article.
Where is Joe Exotic from?
Recalling his early life, Joe was born in Kansas, the USA in the year 1963. He is the son of rich farmers. In his youth, his family moved to Texas where Joe pursued a career in law enforcement, and in 1993 he was named Sheriff of Eastvale, Texas.
He later moved to Florida, after attempting suicide by driving his police cruiser into a concrete barrier, and began working in a pet store. That is where he discovered his love for exotic animals.
What does Joe Exotic do?
- Talking about his profession, Joe opened the Exotic Animal Memorial Park, which was after his brother was hit by a drunk driver and died. His early exhibits were donations from people who no longer wanted to keep the animals as pets. He received his first two tigers in 2000 which he named Tess and Tickles and began to breed.
- As his fame increased organizations and individuals spoke out against his business practices. The authorities investigated him after a video of employees striking a tiger with a rifle surfaced, no action was taken. By the mid-2000s the park held over a thousand animals. Visitors could buy his branded condoms and lotion in the gift shop.
- In April 2019, He was convicted on two counts of murder-for-hire, eight counts of violating the Lacey Act for falsifying wildlife records, and nine counts of violating the Endangered Species Act.
- The prosecutor said that Maldonado-Passage shot and killed five tigers to make room for other big cats in the cages, as well as sold tiger cubs. He was also accused of falsifying records relating to lions, a baby lemur, and tigers which had been purportedly transported or donated for exhibition but had been sold.
- In January 2020, He was sentenced to 22 years in prison for his role in various crimes of animal abuse and attempted murder for hire.
Is Joe Exotic gay?
Reflecting on his personal life, Joe married his husband Travis Maldonado in 2014 in a zoo-themed ceremony. The couple had first met in December 2013 where Travis, who had struggled with meth addiction, arrived at his zoo. His employees suggested that he take him in thinking that working around animals would help him recover.
In October 2017, Travis was found dead with a gunshot wound to his head at the Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park. According to witnesses, it is alleged that he took the magazine out of a gun and held the barrel to his head. He knew there was a bullet in the chamber, but he said it would not fire without the magazine. He then squeezed the trigger and the gun fired.
What is the net worth of Joe Exotic?
Being a former Oklahoma Wildlife Park Owner, Joe earns a decent amount of money and fame through his business. Based on some online sources, his estimated net worth is between $1 to $10 million at present. However, his salary and assets are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Joe Exotic?
Observing his body statistics, Joe stands a height of 5 feet 11 inches and weighs around 78 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of grey eyes and blonde hair color. He used 10 (UK) shoe size. Further, his other body information is yet to be disclosed.